PDA

View Full Version : Major rehab

KKevin
08-13-2004, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have any experience with a major rehab on their serotta? Like going from a ti rear end to a CS rear? Also is it possible to go from a painted Ti frame and get it to a matte finish? From things Ive read before its not possible, but I know this forum is resourceful.

Bruce K
08-13-2004, 05:59 PM
KK;

Everything I have heard is that you cannot "upgrade" to a CS rear end (I asked re: my Concours).

I have heard it both ways as far as stripping a painted Ti frame and getting a matte finish applied. I do know it is not possible to get a polished finish applied after painting. (This too from inquiring re: my Concours)

I also do not believe that the re-finished matte finish is the same as an original matte. I believe it would be more of a "blasted" finish if it were attainable at all.

I would contact the factory through your dealer or possibly directly and see what sort of answer you get.

BK

KKevin
08-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks Bruce,

I was thinking that in the long run it might be more economical to buy another bike if I really wanted the carbon rear. Im definitely looking into stripping the frame though.

Kev