PDA

View Full Version : Salsa Quill Stem Question

jberenyi
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Does anybody know how much of the stem is above the min insertion line? Is it like most other quills? I'm trying to calculate my bar drop for a build. If anyone has any kind of measurements please let me know. It doesn't look like they have much with where that black paint cuts off.

sjbraun
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I just happen to have a Salsa quill stem sitting in a used Waterford 'cross frame I recently purchased. From the minimum insertion line to the middle of the stem is 4 cm.

The new stems look like they have longer necks than the old ones. I just asked Salsa about that yesterday and still await their reply.

Steve-loves the simplicity of an old Salsa stemm.

jberenyi
01-22-2008, 09:26 PM
I just happen to have a Salsa quill stem sitting in a used Waterford 'cross frame I recently purchased. From the minimum insertion line to the middle of the stem is 4 cm.

The new stems look like they have longer necks than the old ones. I just asked Salsa about that yesterday and still await their reply.

Steve-loves the simplicity of an old Salsa stemm.

Thanks. I didn't realize that Salsa recently made there shafts a little longer. I read about this in some internet forums. This is a good thing. I just ordered from Jenson's a new Salsa and I hope and pray it is the longer version like they show on their website. As I understand it, all of the newer extended versions have a black face-plate. I should have mine on Thursday. If mine comes in like yours with a 4 cm distance, it will give me the 2" drop I need. Crossing my fingers right now.