PDA

View Full Version : TT Lid

mef
01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi all: Has anyone used the new Giro Advantage 2 TT helmet? If so, I would appreciate your comments. Thanks!

Lanternrouge
01-22-2008, 12:58 PM
I have used the Bell Meteor, which is similar but not really available in the US. It definitely felt faster than my Louis Garneau prologue. I just picked up the Giro and will be using it for the first time at the local TT coming up. Given the way these fit, you really need to try them on before purchasing. While the Bell technically fits based on my head measurement, it was too tight over my ears, which is why I picked up the Giro. Supposedly, a good aero helmet makes more of a difference than most other things out there. More significant is that it looks cool and makes you look faster in the pictures. :D

rinconryder
01-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Go to Slowtwitch.com if you want some real input on this. That is a triathlon website and you will find more than you will ever want to know about TT helmets.

Actually, not that I think about it, this is a really good review of the major aero helmets out there, including the advantage

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/aero_helmet.shtml

FWIW, I have tried on, but not ridden in the LG Rocket and Giro Advantage. I found the Rocket to be more comfortable and easier on the ears - the fit of the giro is pretty tight.