PDA

View Full Version : What happend to the Decano thread?

oldguy00
01-21-2008, 05:35 PM
?

flux
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
?

If it's a hot chick it's OK.

If it's some handsome guy half naked then it's taboo.

LAME.......................

:rolleyes:

Chris
that guy can't get pub anywhere...

Big Dan
Believe.

e-RICHIE
?
throw us a bone - what threadmo atmo?

e-RICHIE
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
whoa - three replies in the same time frame atmo.

oldguy00
01-21-2008, 05:48 PM
throw us a bone - what threadmo atmo?

It was pretty much just the jerk posting a pic of decano flexing his abs....much like my own amazing abs...... :rolleyes:
and some talk of his 2000 Giro story on his website. No big deal, at least I didn't think so..

flux
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
If it's a hot chick it's OK.

If it's some handsome guy half naked then it's taboo.

LAME.......................

:rolleyes:

Or perhaps I am wrong.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Pete Serotta
01-21-2008, 06:17 PM
come on gang....I am far from a prude but tell me how it is relates to anything much less the motherxxx comment by one of us. I understand it is winter and cabin fever is starting to click in - but it is not the Locker Room

THe forum is mixed company and while you (or I) might not find it personally offensive - many others would. (It had nothing to do with who he was, hell I do not even know who is is).

Chris
01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
come on gang....I am far from a prude but tell me how it is relates to anything much less the motherxxx comment. I understand it is winter and cabin fever is starting to click in - but it is not the Locker Room

THe forum is mixed company and while you (or I) might not find it personally offensive - many others would. (It had nothing to do with who he was, hell I do not even know who is is).

I see your point. Those who don't know who he is, don't get it. Those who do know, definitely get it. Without the context, the pic could easily have been taken as a bit off color... With the context that was some funny stuff atmo.

flux
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
come on gang....I am far from a prude but tell me how it is relates to anything much less the motherxxx comment by one of us. I understand it is winter and cabin fever is starting to click in - but it is not the Locker Room

Oh really???

So when a picture of a scantily clad woman is posted why don't you delete that thread?

iml
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM

OK, so edit the offending comment. Seriously - why would a photo of a shirtless dude offend? I don't make the rules here, but this is a bit curious, isn't it?

Ironic that poor Decanio is banned/edited/sensored even when someone doesn't know who he is.

J.Greene
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Oh really???

So when a picture of a scantily clad woman is posted why don't you delete that thread?

I'd sure hope not.

JG

dirtdigger88
01-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Seriously - why would a photo of a shirtless dude offend?

it might turn someone gay

Jason

iml
01-21-2008, 06:48 PM
That's right!

Stolen Underground > NHMBS > NAMBLA > ???

Where does it end?

Then again, this isn't about SU. It's about a random shirtless guy being offensively shirtless. Right?

girlie
01-21-2008, 07:08 PM
believe I missed all of this.......did someone edit a picture of a guy with his shirt off? (even if it's DeCanio - as long as he's not talking or typing ;)
***!
THIS BETTER GO ACROSS THE BOARD OR PUT IT BACK!
Actually just put it back cause that's - not cool.

e-RICHIE
01-21-2008, 07:09 PM
It was pretty much just the jerk posting a pic of decano flexing his abs....much like my own amazing abs...... :rolleyes:
and some talk of his 2000 Giro story on his website. No big deal, at least I didn't think so..
decanio is the generation the suits at the springs
wanna forgetmo atmo. i gave generously to his
site when it was active. think what you want, i
believe the guy is credible even if his tactics for
getting the message out eventually devolved.

ps
arrange disorder
;) ;) ;)
;) ;) ;)
;) ;) :cool:

shinomaster
01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
believe I missed all of this.......did someone edit a picture of a guy with his shirt off? (even if it's DeCano - as long as he's not talking or typing ;)
***!
THIS BETTER GO ACROSS THE BOARD OR PUT IT BACK!
Actually just put it back cause that's - not cool.

Is that the beefcake the Jerk posted?

girlie
01-21-2008, 07:12 PM
getting the message out eventually devolved.

Necessary evil.
And justly pissed off!
Oh and I think he used some of your $ for beer.....but in his defense the beer helped him work on the site;)

Big Dan
01-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Believe..

Rock and suck.........

coylifut
01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
the pic was barely revealing. ***??? I routinely see more racy than that walking down vasoline alley.

shinomaster
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
the pic was barely revealing. ***??? I routinely see more racy than that walking down vasoline alley.

Is Swoop in town early?

stevep
01-21-2008, 08:04 PM
it might turn someone gay

Jason

next thing everybodys gay.
no more families and the human race dies out.
is this what you want?

e-RICHIE
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
next thing everybodys gay.
no more families and the human race dies out.
is this what you want?
leave the gun.
take the cannolis - and the internet atmo.

Karin Kirk
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Reminder: This is not our forum, it's Serotta's. Pete does a lot of work so we can have our fun here. He made a call, and he explained his reasons. Move on people!

girlie
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Reminder: This is not our forum, it's Serotta's. Pete does a lot of work so we can have our fun here. He made a call, and he explained his reasons. Move on people!

It's ok if he says sorry and that it was maybe a mistake.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=36271&highlight=girls+bikes

dirtdigger88
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
actually it is all very odd-

how many pix of women have been posted here- these posts stay

but the jerks gets pulled-

dont get it

Jason

shinomaster
01-21-2008, 08:37 PM

dont get it

Jason

I've posted my *** before, and with no problems? :)

swoop
01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
here..

oldguy00
01-21-2008, 08:49 PM
nm

jerk
01-21-2008, 09:59 PM
that thread getting pulled is the stupidest most mp thing that has ever occurred on this board. that picture was funny, ironic, true and imho awesomely poignant considering the bull**** going on with pro cycling. that decanio came up with the whole lil'matt thing is brillance. it was censored by a moderator who, while well intentioned clearly doesnt even know who matt is, so couldn't relate it to what ball is doing or the sports current state.

no ones fault but wicked anatomic and ignorant yo.

jerk

swoop
01-21-2008, 10:10 PM
decanio and clinger.

Sandy
01-21-2008, 11:56 PM

Agreed. Never saw the picture. Know little about the man, but respect Pete's judgement implicitly. It is impossible for a moderator to satisfy all on a forum. Pete, a man with great wisdom, made a judgemental call on Serotta's forum. Perhaps he would have made a diffferent call if he knew more about the subject. Perhaps not. As very wise Karin suggested, move on. Lots of other threads to consider.

Sandy

RABikes2
01-22-2008, 12:44 AM

stevep
01-22-2008, 05:42 AM
leave the gun.
take the cannolis - and the internet atmo.

one of the great lines in modern film.

easy to miss but a truly perfect line.

what a fabulous movie.
atso

Pete Serotta
01-22-2008, 06:18 AM
that thread getting pulled is the stupidest most mp thing that has ever occurred on this board. that picture was funny, ironic, true and imho awesomely poignant considering the bull**** going on with pro cycling. that decanio came up with the whole lil'matt thing is brillance. it was censored by a moderator who, while well intentioned clearly doesnt even know who matt is, so couldn't relate it to what ball is doing or the sports current state.

no ones fault but wicked anatomic and ignorant yo.

jerk

Yo - -appreciate you comments but it was closed because of your motherxxx connotation,,,On second thought I should have deleted your comment instead - but then you see nothing wrong with the language and that is why? :confused: :confused: :confused: .. ON 3rd thought that is just what I will do and then reopen......I HATE CENSOR and BUT there are more folks on the forum besides the " inside team"?\! and while they are quiet they do have opinions :crap: :crap:

BumbleBeeDave
01-22-2008, 06:37 AM
. . . and Pete is their man and he has my vote.

Jerk, you obviously like poking the ant hill and watching the ants run around. I'm not sure exactly why but perhaps you could get an appointment or two with Dr. Swoop and figure it out.

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 06:48 AM
mattmo atmo (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=237211&postcount=16) -

J.Greene
01-22-2008, 06:52 AM
there are more folks on the forum besides the " inside team"?\!

who is this cabal? Can we root them out and drive them away forever?

JG

BumbleBeeDave
01-22-2008, 07:06 AM
. . . at that lunch table! Cabal-O-Rama!

jerk
01-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Yo - -appreciate you comments but it was closed because of your motherxxx connotation,,,On second thought I should have deleted your comment instead - but then you see nothing wrong with the language and that is why? :confused: :confused: :confused: .. ON 3rd thought that is just what I will do and then reopen......I HATE CENSOR and BUT there are more folks on the forum besides the " inside team"?\! and while they are quiet they do have opinions :crap: :crap:

pete- you said yourself that yourself that you pulled the thread because of the picture. now the language used in the thread is the culprit? rockracing, ball, drugs in cycling etc. have all been topics of conversation on this forum that the vast majority of posters have been involved with. I still dont like or understand this repeated insistence of two groups or cabals on this forum. i have repeatedly used the terms focker and shiite to suggest swearwords in a humerous and never accusatory or slanderous way. no one has every told me on or off board that they have an issue with it.

you first stated you closed the thread because you thought it was srxually offensive. now it because its linguistically offensive. fine- I appreciate that and will refrain from using those terms on this board in the future. you do a great job here and please dont think I dont appreciate it.

craig

cb

jerk
01-22-2008, 07:46 AM
. . . and Pete is their man and he has my vote.

Jerk, you obviously like poking the ant hill and watching the ants run around. I'm not sure exactly why but perhaps you could get an appointment or two with Dr. Swoop and figure it out.

BBD

and my post gets censored? dave- you are so lucky i do not have a history of mental illness. either way that is mean, uncalled for, passive aggressive and cruel.

my post was not intended to offend or stir the pot. it was intended to put what matt is doing in the spotlight. he was using good humor, and cultural iconagraphy to poke fun at the damaged sport of pro-cycling..all the r
time while the kid works his *** off to find a solution.

you dont have to like me or what I write. its cool really. but accussing anyone of mental illness is just weird.

girlie
01-22-2008, 07:52 AM

maybe it's ok..........

J.Greene
01-22-2008, 07:57 AM

What lunch table?

JG

dirtdigger88
01-22-2008, 08:03 AM
What lunch table?

JG

the one BBD likes to stand on- so the back of the church can hear his crap too

Jason

BumbleBeeDave
01-22-2008, 08:35 AM
you dont have to like me or what I write. its cool really. but accussing anyone of mental illness is just weird.

But you are correct, Sir. It was over the top. I offer my apologies.

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 08:40 AM

BBD
one meal
one table
one cabal atmo

ps
arrange disorder
:p :p :p
:p :p :p
:) :cool: :cool:

girlie
01-22-2008, 08:42 AM

on the floor eating scraps and I am not pleased with the cutting of the photo.
BTW....I prefer the floor though I'd like better food.

DarrenCT
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
poking the ant hill and watching the ants run around.
BBD

this is a bit overboard if i do say so myself :no:

jerk
01-22-2008, 08:48 AM

BBD

thanks dave- that means alot. I'll do my best to extend the same civility to you.

c

BumbleBeeDave
01-22-2008, 09:16 AM
. . . without sufficiently consulting my brain first. But then, I guess we all do at times . . . :rolleyes: :p

BBD

swoop
01-22-2008, 09:37 AM
the jerk is very much correct on all counts.

fiamme red
01-22-2008, 09:58 AM
getting the message out eventually devolved.Decanio's tactics make me want to root for the dopers.

J.Greene
01-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Decanio's tactics make me want to root for the dopers.

I'm sure you already have, even if unaware.

JG

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Decanio's tactics make me want to root for the dopers.
well i am not sure what that means, but as a card carrying
member of the working class, i feel he got major-league
jobbed by the suits. i believe his story. and i believe it's
regretably past its sell-by date because other, more
compelling stories have displaced itmo atmo. and, yeah,
matt's reactionary attitude didn't help any of this. but
i believe his story and have since day one atmo.

girlie
01-22-2008, 10:11 AM
But I think having gone through what some of these riders went through cannot be understood by most. And I for one do not feel a right to judge his "reaction" - "retaliation." Yah it's just like finding out there is no Santa Claus and you moved to the North Pole for a job.......left your family, girlfriend, education, and friends, to find out, not only, that there is no job but there is no such thing as Santa Claus. I'm obsessed with Santa Claus lately.......

fiamme red
01-22-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm sure you already have, even if unaware.

JGI probably have rooted for dopers. I don't really care. There are many injustices and crimes in this world that fill me with saeva indignatio; cheating in sports isn't one of them.

SPOKE
01-22-2008, 10:30 AM

dont get it

Jason

i spoke to Pete about this this morning. it wasn't the photo but the implied language (the 4 letter word type stuff) that he felt was over the top.
believe me when i tell you that Pete really struggles with these decisions. he hates to censure posts but sometimes he just feels that if he is offended then more than likely someone else feels the same way.
my suggestion is to keep our playground a PG rating and all will be fine and this forum will continue to be a place where we ALL can comfortably hangout. :beer:

swoop
01-22-2008, 02:13 PM
so we can't say fcuk or fek for fock... or we can't say those things in reference to decanio's nipples.. but we can talk about medical procedures up the anus and tigers eating people and boonen crapping himself? 8k frames are offensive to some too you know?

if the standard is mood-based and abstracted and generalized to protect the greater good it really isn't fair to the moderator.

the only obscene things i see on this site are saddles that look like they belong on horses, steve's y foil (couldn't happen to a nicer guy), and guys changing stems to get the jerks approval, and the guys that should change things to get the jerks approval.

people will get offended sometimes. life doth offend. lets moderate when the intent is to do harm or the material itself is harmful.

my loving suggestion to the lovely pete (who is so beneficent that he emanates unicorns from his fundament) is just to ask if the material is offensive and encourage folks that are offended to not look at it...
and contact the poster via pm to talk about it and offer options rather than just hit the delete button.

we're all in this together, we all appreciate the unicorn moments and send pete all the love in the world. lets deal with this stuff in a thoughtful way rather than in a panic way.. because doing that will push a lot of us away... and its the variety of knuckleheads that make this place speshal.

if one more person suggests there's a table and that its exclusive i will come to your city and fart in your general direction. we are all this place... i'm a huge knucklehead.... so shud up.

critiquing the modding when its misdirected is not an attack of the person... if anything it should make his job easier... he can certainly write the poster or ask if the thread is too offensive or put an asterisk on it if it reference real live human body parts or activities that led to someone being born.

life is messy.. its ok. enjoy. atmo.

thanks pete.. you rock. if you can't see that the jerk is freaking smart and generous and part of why were all here having fun... i don't think the guy is capable of bad intentions.

if i write something that makes the vaggigy clench and will kill children.. drop me a pm.. and say hey.. could you clean that up for me... and i will. what's the big deal? we all have each other's back.

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 02:23 PM
so <cut>
note: see abovemo atmo
gets it atmo.

cadence90
01-22-2008, 03:05 PM
I remember several years ago seeing DeCanio's Ebay auctions for all his cycling gear since, having been "released from his contract for not upholding the image blah blah blah", he obviously didn't need the kit, but did need the money. Yes, loads of racers sell last year's kits, but this was very different, and pretty sad. Too bad that he still can't find a job doing what he's good at, in America, in 2008.

Regarding DeCanio's tactics (and I agree some were perhaps a bit too "aggro" for the message to come through clearly), of course to each his own on that. I believe the guy, and I think he is not a loose-cannon jerk but rather a passionate and talented rider who has been "lynched in a back alley", so to speak. Language is indeed a virus, huh.

I respect the DeCanios of this day and age, who maintain their stance under all kinds of personal attacks, for so many years, and who continue to fight for what they believe in, against the hypocrisy of types like Rock et al and all the other "absolved" dopers returning continually to various teams, their heads bowed in proper Poundian penance.

I really loved Ivan Basso, but for him to say that "the suspension was the best thing that ever happened to me" now...well...I'll take a straight-shooter anyday over those Virenquian tears....

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I remember several years ago seeing DeCanio's Ebay auctions for all his cycling gear since, having been "released from his contract for not upholding the image blah blah blah", he obviously didn't need the kit, but did need the money. Yes, loads of racers sell last year's kits, but this was very different, and pretty sad. Too bad that he still can't find a job doing what he's good at, in America, in 2008.

Regarding DeCanio's tactics (and I agree some were perhaps a bit too "aggro" for the message to come through clearly), of course to each his own on that. I believe the guy, and I think he is not a loose-cannon jerk but rather a passionate and talented rider who has been "lynched in a back alley", so to speak. Language is indeed a virus, huh.

I respect the DeCanios of this day and age, who maintain their stance under all kinds of personal attacks, for so many years, and who continue to fight for what they believe in, against the hypocrisy of types like Rock et al and all the other "absolved" dopers returning continually to various teams, their heads bowed in proper Poundian penance.

yeah, baby - yeah atmo.

Pete Serotta
01-22-2008, 03:29 PM
You and I need to drink soon and LOTS of red....you, as well as a few others, really give my brain a workout...(THAT IS GOOD and is like going over LINCOLN GAP - I am the better for the experience.......) yeah it hurts some in the process :D :D

so we can't say fcuk or fek for fock... or we can't say those things in reference to decanio's nipples.. but we can talk about medical procedures up the anus and tigers eating people and boonen crapping himself? 8k frames are offensive to some too you know?

if the standard is mood-based and abstracted and generalized to protect the greater good it really isn't fair to the moderator.

the only obscene things i see on this site are saddles that look like they belong on horses, steve's y foil (couldn't happen to a nicer guy), and guys changing stems to get the jerks approval, and the guys that should change things to get the jerks approval.

people will get offended sometimes. life doth offend. lets moderate when the intent is to do harm or the material itself is harmful.

my loving suggestion to the lovely pete (who is so beneficent that he emanates unicorns from his fundament) is just to ask if the material is offensive and encourage folks that are offended to not look at it...
and contact the poster via pm to talk about it and offer options rather than just hit the delete button.

we're all in this together, we all appreciate the unicorn moments and send pete all the love in the world. lets deal with this stuff in a thoughtful way rather than in a panic way.. because doing that will push a lot of us away... and its the variety of knuckleheads that make this place speshal.

if one more person suggests there's a table and that its exclusive i will come to your city and fart in your general direction. we are all this place... i'm a huge knucklehead.... so shud up.

critiquing the modding when its misdirected is not an attack of the person... if anything it should make his job easier... he can certainly write the poster or ask if the thread is too offensive or put an asterisk on it if it reference real live human body parts or activities that led to someone being born.

life is messy.. its ok. enjoy. atmo.

thanks pete.. you rock. if you can't see that the jerk is freaking smart and generous and part of why were all here having fun... i don't think the guy is capable of bad intentions.

if i write something that makes the vaggigy clench and will kill children.. drop me a pm.. and say hey.. could you clean that up for me... and i will. what's the big deal? we all have each other's back.

Big Dan
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
He used to ride down here all the time. Very quiet guy. For real.

fiamme red
01-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I remember several years ago seeing DeCanio's Ebay auctions for all his cycling gear since, having been "released from his contract for not upholding the image blah blah blah", he obviously didn't need the kit, but did need the money. Yes, loads of racers sell last year's kits, but this was very different, and pretty sad. Too bad that he still can't find a job doing what he's good at, in America, in 2008.I don't have much sympathy for immature washed-up racers who can't hold a real job and yet spend all their cash and credit on Hummers and Porsches (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=244130&postcount=29).

Regarding DeCanio's tactics (and I agree some were perhaps a bit too "aggro" for the message to come through clearly), of course to each his own on that. I believe the guy, and I think he is not a loose-cannon jerk but rather a passionate and talented rider who has been "lynched in a back alley", so to speak. Language is indeed a virus, huh."Loose cannon jerk"? That description fits Decanio. Remember his racelistings.com rant (http://www.racelistings.com/rzone/articles/article.asp?recid=329)?

...I took the yellow jersey in Canada’s Gran Prix de Beauce against Micheal Rodgers and the Mapei team.

After he beat me in the time trial, I lost it however and this is where I got black listed. After he won I rode up to Mapei and with all the aggression I had built up over the years of being cheated, I screamed, “HEY, I am racing here clean, how about you!” The Italians b*tched and moaned that they were clean racers but I had a hard time believing any of the words they said. I knew in my heart that over 90 percent of my U-23 team was doped to the gills - so why would these riders stop when the reached the pro level? I had to settle with 2nd, but it was good for me and I still had my yellow jersey to hang on the wall.

So, like the sore loser he is, he accused Michael Rogers of doping because he beat the great Decanio in a time-trial -- Michael Rogers who went on to win three ITT World Championships.

Decanio as a role model for the young (which he claims to be) -- now there's a scary thought.

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
mordecai -

you have few equals wrt finding old links, but i wonder
how close to all this you really are? are you from this
sport and the culture, or more an observer who stores
away factoids? i don't mean this in an antagonistic way
at all. i just wanna know.

matt may be a washed up young racer who has never
found another calling, but what he says in his rants has
value, and someone has to bring it to the surface, no
matter how devolved the tactics.

i'd rather be considered a matt supporter than one who
turns away because he's not the role model poster boy.

atmo.

shinomaster
01-22-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't have much sympathy for immature washed-up racers who can't hold a real job and yet spend all their cash and credit on Hummers and Porsches (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=244130&postcount=29).

"Loose cannon jerk"? That description fits Decanio. Remember his racelistings.com rant (http://www.racelistings.com/rzone/articles/article.asp?recid=329)?

...I took the yellow jersey in Canada’s Gran Prix de Beauce against Micheal Rodgers and the Mapei team.

After he beat me in the time trial, I lost it however and this is where I got black listed. After he won I rode up to Mapei and with all the aggression I had built up over the years of being cheated, I screamed, “HEY, I am racing here clean, how about you!” The Italians b*tched and moaned that they were clean racers but I had a hard time believing any of the words they said. I knew in my heart that over 90 percent of my U-23 team was doped to the gills - so why would these riders stop when the reached the pro level? I had to settle with 2nd, but it was good for me and I still had my yellow jersey to hang on the wall.

So, like the sore loser he is, he accused Michael Rogers of doping because he beat the great Decanio in a time-trial -- Michael Rogers who went on to win three ITT World Championships.

Decanio as a role model for the young (which he claims to be) -- now there's a scary thought.

Weren't Mapei all doped up? Rominger, Musseuw, and all those gorrilas that dominated and destroyed in the classics?

cadence90
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
[snip]
We have different opinions.

I think on message he's as good a role model (and as I wrote above I think he does come off too "aggro" sometimes) as Virenque, Hamilton, Saiz et cie.

"The young" aren't stupid, they can make up their own minds.

jerk
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
matt got chewed up by a system that hurts kids.

he may be nuts, but he has itegrity and a freaking big motor.

look at this: the kid is racing on a beat to sunni garbage picked bike in a t-shirt- driving the field to catch a break; so he can ride with his pal.

a t-shirt man.

jerk

stevep
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
he's not the first 20 yr old who aspired to a goal, had some talent , worked his arse off to get there and when he got there...
he found out it wasnt what he thought.

maybe it cracked him some.
under there he has a good heart...
he's just not good at working within the system ( such as it is )

what 25 yr old hasnt done a few stupid things ( the cars )

girlie
01-22-2008, 04:15 PM
trying to make a living......with crushed dreams of ho ho ho's.
fiamme red where is your Christmas Spirit?

It is difficult to simply go out in public and talk never mind say something no one is ready or wants to hear. No normal person could have done it - so good for DeCanio for not being normal.

shinomaster
01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
what 25 yr old hasnt done a few stupid things ( the cars )

Yeah, look at Boonen.

BumbleBeeDave
01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
You and I need to drink soon and LOTS of red....you, as well as a few others, really give my brain a workout...(THAT IS GOOD and is like going over LINCOLN GAP - I am the better for the experience.......) yeah it hurts some in the process :D :D

. . . in a hard job that he's doing for free.

BBD

J.Greene
01-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I probably have rooted for dopers. I don't really care. There are many injustices and crimes in this world that fill me with saeva indignatio; cheating in sports isn't one of them.

That's pretty weak atmo. It's attitudes like yours that allows doping to continue and the system to chew kids like Decanio up.

JG

swoop
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
i've said this before ... man, there some great kids that come back from europe shelled and in pain and get caught up in pot, coke, crack, all kinds of stuff. i don't know what effect there is on the brain from the racing.. but i think there is a relationship between the biking and some mental illness.

but i think there's something inherently bipolar about d1 biking... i think that you can look at the racing and training as an expression of mania and the resting recovery as an expression of a depressive phase...

clearly this sport has a pull on certain folks and there's more going on than meets the eye. i think it favors folks that have the gene for a mood disorder and works to give a physical expression of bipolar disorder...

and in the absence of the racing and training and routine... what was once experienced through the body becomes about feelings and emotions. you mix that with a kid that hasn't developed the verbal skills to mitigate feelings or the internal mechanisms to self soothe and you have the perfect recipe for using drugs.

i haven't thought much about it... but my gut tells me there's something there.

decanio is using his authentic experience of himself to try and do good. we should all have balls that big. we need him.

capybaras
01-22-2008, 08:43 PM
can someone post that Brooks saddle ad with the hippie and the cop again? I love that one

rwsaunders
01-22-2008, 08:59 PM
can someone post that Brooks saddle ad with the hippie and the cop again? I love that one

Don't get me in the doghouse with Pete. :cool:

http://www.wallbike.com/Brookssaddles.html

Viper
01-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Super Size (btw I lay some claim to bringing this pic to the internet. I posted it on a cycling forum the day it was released and it sent shockwaves. It's the piece of arse heard round' the world-issimo)

Here:

http://www.campyonly.com/images/modbikes/2006/brooks_bottom.jpg

ti_boi
01-22-2008, 09:04 PM
I need some of that leather bar tape. ASAP. :beer:

e-RICHIE
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I need some of that leather bar tape. ASAP. :beer:
i tried some last month and wondered what
the big deal was, plus *** with the expense?!
atmo, of coursemo.

Viper
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Girlie,

Here, please p-shop yourself in this pic.

Best regards,
Viper

PS. E-Richie, you can do the same, p-shop yourself in the pic too atmo.

:D

BumbleBeeDave
01-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Do you make all your girlfriends wear black face masks? That really seems MP. Is it so they can't see how much bacon you eat? :rolleyes:

BBD

Fixed
01-23-2008, 06:55 AM
[QUOTE=stevep]he's not the first 20 yr old who aspired to a goal, had some talent , worked his arse off to get there and when he got there...

bro a lot of things in life ain't what we think
cheers imho

girlie
01-23-2008, 07:40 AM
[QUOTE=stevep]he's not the first 20 yr old who aspired to a goal, had some talent , worked his arse off to get there and when he got there...

bro a lot of things in life ain't what we think
cheers imho

True though how many people actually do anything about it. I will say it again reaction - retaliation has to have some momentum because it is a difficult thing to do to hit something bigger than yourself. NORMAL MEANS will not cut it! Like any of us have the answer! He made a move more than most have done - BUNCH OF SPECTATORS ACTING LIKE WE COULD DO IT RIGHT. What exactly is 'right' in this situation?....and please don't answer that with things DeCanio did wrong cause that was not the question:)

Fixed
01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
sometimes
you only have one time to get it right imho
chers

Tom
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
What I don't get is the need to judge the guy badly. Either he resonates with you or he doesn't and that's a lot to do with your own experience but why the need to rip the guy apart? Where does that come from?

e-RICHIE
01-23-2008, 07:56 AM
art imitates life atmo.
we need the decanios of the world -
sing along. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=OHeqJASa1oc)

e-RICHIE
01-23-2008, 07:57 AM
...but why the need to rip the guy apart? Where does that come from?
uh, austen, texas atmo?
For what do we live, but to make sport for our
neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?

girlie
01-23-2008, 08:03 AM
sometimes
chers

Though I strongly suggest this is not one of those time. And that situation can only exist when it is equal forces hitting heads....otherwise bets are off for me in a lot of cases.

AgilisMerlin
01-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Though I strongly suggest this is not one of those time:)

http://lh3.google.com/danijelr15/RwQZDyCLkpI/AAAAAAAACAo/TyvqNV3Tqbw/Baby%20One%20More%20Time.jpg?imgmax=512

"sometimes
chers"

DukeHorn
01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Moving on to Kelly Benefit Systems and Slipstream, yes you have 2 clean programs or teams that are trying to be clean, yet they will not hire me, a rider who is obviously more than qualified to race as a pro cyclist either because of an anti-doping website as in the case of KBS or because I have been out of the sport for too long. Please keep in mind I asked to be tested in a lab and if my numbers couldn’t beat riders on the team, I wouldn’t ask to be added. Still I got no response and I am sidelined, unable to race to help clean up the sport.

Pstttt, maybe you're not being hired because people don't like you (burning bridges does that).

Also, selling exotic cars and delivering pizza as your other job skillsets doesn't make you a representative of the youth of America....