PDA

View Full Version : mlk jr day

Fixed
01-21-2008, 07:17 AM
bro a day of peace for the bro of peace ..what would the world be like if the middle east and the world followed his teachings?
cheers :beer:

stevep
01-21-2008, 07:30 AM
bro a day of peace for the bro of peace ..what would the world be like if the middle east and the world followed his teachings?

it would be better fixed.

no doubt.
get a good ride in today for me...
cold here and too much ice to ride the mt bike even.
im stuck

Fixed
01-21-2008, 07:59 AM
sorry to hear about the cold i have two runs one to drop off films and one to pick up records then i'm done for the day i hope to make the parade this am
cheers

Alexi
01-21-2008, 08:05 AM
was going to go to work (I work for the Swiss at the office, not one of their holidays) but it's too cold and I'd rather spend time with the boy. See if we can watch a MLK special on the tube. He may be to young to get, but doesn't mean I won't try.

Sandy
01-21-2008, 08:08 AM

In the USA, we can see and feel changes in relationships between different groups of people, often for the better. But in the Middle East and other parts of the world the historical hatred and vehement radical groups seem to trump whatever Mr. King and others may have espoused, very unfortunately. I think that true and lasting peace in the Middle East and elsewhere (here too because of extremists in the world) will be very diffficult to reach.

Sandy

Too Tall
01-21-2008, 08:35 AM
MLK day is an opportunity for reflection and action. If you take time to engage in conversation about his principles and ideas you are a better person for it. This yr. I've been delving into what came before MLK and what the founders of our country helped create. Alexander Hamilton is on my radar lately.
Peace, TT.

davids
01-21-2008, 03:12 PM
cheers :beer:Right back at 'cha, my friend. Pause for a moment or two and think about MLK's bravery and morality. He's one of my heroes, for sure.

get a good ride in today for me...
cold here and too much ice to ride the mt bike even.
im stuckYou should fly south. There's 1-2" of snow in Hingham, and it makes a nice crunchy noise when you ride over it. Two hours this morning, all by myself. Fun nonetheless.

Grant McLean
01-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Nice interview piece today on NPR with Gil Scot-Heron:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18279995

I had no idea:

But what people may not know is that Scott-Heron played an instrumental role in getting an official national holiday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. In the summer of 1980, Scott-Heron went on tour with Stevie Wonder. They rallied people in Washington to support the Black Congressional Caucus' proposal for a King holiday.

-g

Fixed
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
I have consistently preached that nonviolence demands that the means we use must be as pure as the ends we seek
mlk jr

stevep
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
i just heard his "dream" speech.

terrific speech.
a knockout.

onekgguy
01-21-2008, 08:58 PM
I think our world could desperately use another just like him about now...but who?

Kevin g

Grant McLean
01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
i just heard his "dream" speech.

terrific speech.
a knockout.

nice mixed metaphor, professor...

-g