PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Genesis helmet?

bostondrunk
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I need a new lid...
Anyone try the Lazer Genesis? What helmets would you compare it to in terms of fit??
thx!

pdxmech13
01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
I've rocked one for a little over a year.
The retention system is really unique and adjust the enitre cirumferance of the helmet.
I wear a small and it allows me to wear a cap or hat when it gets really cold.
I really don't think it breathes as well as my pneumo or sweep but I still reach for it first just because it feels so d@%n good.

Viper
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I couldn't buy a lid unless I tried it on first.

Dare to be different, grab one. When I see the Lazer I think of Tomo:

http://images17.fotki.com/v295/photos/1/108147/3398929/rvvl04-vi.jpg

Edit: Get this one and then tell everyone, "Somone bought it for me, I HAVE to wear it":

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6571/world20champion20replicts4.jpg

http://www.durantispoleto.com/public/catalog/images/Bettini%20WC%20Replica.jpg

bostondrunk
01-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Maybe the blue team color would be a little less flashy... :)

alancw3
01-21-2008, 07:53 AM
don't know about the helmet, although it looks neat, however some time ago the "lazer girl" model was featured in a post at one fo the big bike shows and i must say she was spectacular! wish i had the pic to post. sadly i don't. anyone still have that pic to post? :)

Bruce K
01-21-2008, 08:03 AM
It's the team issue for Johnson, Powers, and Bessette and they seem to like them.

Thf it system is unique and seems quite comfortable trying them on in the store.

It's on my list as a possible for a new helmet this spring.

BK

cleavel
01-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi,

I have two of them. I bought one last year as a race helmet and I like it very much. The fit system is VERY good and being able to adjust the fit very easily while riding is a plus.

I bought one without trying it on as most of the LBSs in the area only have the standard Bell, Giro, Specialized fare. I spent a lot of time on the web looking at helmets on racers and on manufacturer's web sites because I have a short neck and need a helmet that doesn't protrude a lot in the front. The usual helmets block my forward vision when I'm in the drop because I can't lift my head up enough. The Genesis isn't perfect (none are for me) but I can see pretty well and the piece of the helmet that I see isn't distracting.

I just bought second one because I broke my older Briko in a small training accident on the track a month ago. :eek:

My only complaint is that I'm at the bottom of a size large and it looks a little big on my head. Otherwise a great helmet.

Hope this helps.

musgravecycles
01-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I've been rockin' one since they became available a couple of years ago.

I wear a small and tend to have a hard time finding a helmet that fits my narrow/oval head. I reckon it'll fit just about any body's head, the retention system truly is superb. It also opens up enough that I can wear a cap or winter hat. Ventilation is decent, I've tried better ventilated helmets but none that fit better.

It's about time for 'nother helmet, I'll prolly end up getting another Genesis...