PDA

View Full Version : Nitto RB-018 handlebars

ericspin
01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Are any of you track / fix guys using these bullhorn style bars from Nitto? They make several styles and this is the bar with no drop. One of the other Nitto bullhorn bar drops as it turns out....pursuit style I believe. Anyway, if you are using them AND you are running a brake what kind of lever are you using? I am trying to us this RB_018 bar with a TEKTRO TT style lever at the end of the bar. Some sites I have seen say not to try this but no one should ever say that to me. How boring to do every thing your told.

Please excuse me as I am sure this will be the first of many fixed questions as I finally made the leap to building my Concours into a fixed. I have watched the forum as several guys have gone through this process with lots of questions and now I know why. Whole different set of components and styles to figger out. Thanks for any help.

Eric

old_school
01-20-2008, 10:34 AM
I have also seen that note re the nitto bars and tt levers. Note the short curl at the end of the bars: it is possible is that the expanding wedge of the tt levers bottoms out at the bend before the levers are fully inserted. As another possible option, I have used a Syntace Stratos bar with Cane Creek TT levers without issue.

bruce-e-boy
01-20-2008, 02:06 PM
I have the nitto RB 021 and the tektro lever. The RB 021 is the bullhorn with the hump - ugly but really comfortable. No issues with the brake lever.