PDA

View Full Version : My Expensive New Wheels

ace007
08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
I can't believe I just spend almost $700 on a set of Campy Eurus Wheels. I could by a new intake and exhaust system for my 04 Cummins Turbo Diesel for that kind of money. I'm so used to my Mavic CPX-12's with 36 steel spokes that the new thin black spokes on the Campys look like they might just splinter if I ran over a small pebble. They sure look cool though. I hope they perform up to their price tag. From what I've read and heard, they certainly will.

I remember when I first started this process I said, "I'll never spend $2000 on a bicycle. Like many others who have travelled this path, I surpassed $2000 within the first week. It has been great fun picking out stuff for the bike. Now if it would just come in so I could ride it. Thanks for all of the help I received on this forum. Especially va rider. This is my first go around with a custom bike and I wanted to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Just make sure you buy some of my stuff I'm auctioning off on ebay. That will help me pay for this thing. :banana:

dave thompson
08-12-2004, 08:06 PM
I can't believe I just spend almost $700 on a set of Campy Eurus Wheels. ...... Just make sure you buy some of my stuff I'm auctioning off on ebay. That will help me pay for this thing. :banana:
Give us a link so we can see what you have!

SPOKE
08-12-2004, 09:14 PM
NEVER!!!! say never!

Climb01742
08-13-2004, 07:30 AM
ace--trust me, this is only the beginning. whatever limits you give yourself -- only $$$ this much for a bike, or only this many bikes -- you'll exceed it. :p

va rider
08-13-2004, 07:46 AM
Climb nailed it. It seems I always spend more than I plan, too. Then, when I go with something cheaper, like my performance carbon water cages, they don't work and I end up laying out more $$$ later.

The Eurus are sweet wheels, wait till you ride 'em on the new CIII......

caffeine power
08-14-2004, 10:29 AM
$700 for a pair of wheels? That's a bargain. Wait till you're caughing up $700 for a pair of rims like Zipp 303's...which may be me this winter.