PDA

View Full Version : Mavic Elite Question?

97CSI
01-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Friend has a set of Mavic Cosmic Elite wheels that I would like to have. I have a set of Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels he wants. Problem is that he rides Shimano and I ride Campy. Can we simply swap out the cassette hubs on these two wheels? Are all Mavic Elite hub internals the same? Thanks.

Adam
01-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes. You can swap the freehub bodies between the wheels...A quick check of mavic.com should answer the question of the hub internals.

Adam

97CSI
01-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Tried Mavic.com and they have zero info on the website that is useful. Their directions are 'contact your local dealer'. Not really what I wanted.

Has anyone actually pulled a Mavic hub apart and can give some pointers on doing so? I'll be getting into it shortly, but any directions would be helpful. I even have the brochures that came with the new wheelset. But, no info of use in them.

Thanks.

AgilisMerlin
01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
here we go again

enjoy..........first two vids

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mavic+freehub&search=Search

97CSI
01-23-2008, 06:03 PM
That was excellent information. Thanks for the link.

Not exactly the same on the Elite hubs, but close enough to make it work. In less than 30 minutes I was able to pull apart, clean, lub and put back together. Talk about simple and straight-forward. Those Fench engineers. Great, simple, bullet-proof design. I use Mobil 1 for the lube, though.

Thanks to all.