PDA

View Full Version : Renting a bike in Key West

roadie7
01-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Does anyone know a bike shop in Key West or Miami on the way to Key West who rents road bikes? We are visiting in April and I want to ride around.

Thanks.

J.Greene
01-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know a bike shop in Key West or Miami on the way to Key West who rents road bikes? We are visiting in April and I want to ride around.

Thanks.

There are several bike shops on the island. Key west is small enough and traffic bad enough that any bike will do.

JG

ericspin
01-20-2008, 07:54 AM
I always take mine we we go down there. Especially if your staying IN Key West, it's probably the best way to get around. My experience looking around says there is nothing but beach bikes for rent which would probably be fine for riding around the island. I have done several organized rides to the Keys and quite honestly other than KW and areas where you can hook up with the Greenways trail it can be a pretty miserable place to ride. Have fun.

Best advice....make sure to eat at Blue Heaven in the bahamian village area of KW. Best ambience for the Keys......chickens and all. The food is to die for. Oh, and don't forget to get a t-shirt with a bike and a chicken on it.

Eric

DarrenCT
01-20-2008, 08:49 AM
are there a lot of hot lesbians in key west or is this just a myth?

J.Greene
01-20-2008, 08:52 AM
are there a lot of hot lesbians in key west or is this just a myth?

hmmmm

I have never seen any. The guys in drag are quite noticable though. Key West has gotten so mainstream that it's like everywhere else except provincetown.

JG

ericspin
01-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Lesbians...not so much. Gay guys.....so much. Provo south.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

xjoex
01-20-2008, 09:07 AM
I am in key largo often, never brought a road bike though, is there any riding around there? I thought maybe card sound road, but then the lack of shoulders looked a little sketchy.

thanks,

-Joe

sn69
01-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Work conference. No, really, I SWEAR! :D ;)

We rented beach cruisers, which are available all over the place. I recall seeing one or two LBSs that carried a full spectrum of bikes, but it's predominantly MTBs and cruisers down there. The island is small--look around or ask at your hotel.

FWIW, I thought a fixte/SS would have been great fun.