PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pete, BBD, et al - Boston area events

Bruce K
01-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey gang;

I just posted some tentative dates for rides on the north shore of Boston.

These events include the Essex County Heritage RIde, Blazing Saddles Century, Seacoast Century, and Climb to the Clouds.

Maybe we can make one or more of these a "Serotta Weekend".

BK

BumbleBeeDave
01-02-2004, 09:03 AM
I will take a look at them!:beer:

BBDave

Larry D
01-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Bruce,

Great idea. I will help in any way I can.

By the way, where did you find the dates for the Essex County Ride?

Bruce K
01-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Larry;

I got most of those dates from the January newsletter of the North Shore Cyclists.

As I said, most of the dates seem to be tentative at this point and it is WAY too early for registrations to open.

At least we'll all start thinking about some of these. With a little luck maybe Smiley, Flydhest, the Doctor, Pete McKeon and some of the others might be able to get up this way (along with the locals - hint, hint Climb).

Bruce

Johnnyg
01-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Bruce
Don't over look the Great River Ride the first weekend in October. The forcast calls for PAINE, truly an epic ride! Take care

Serotta PETE
01-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Bruce, I will definitely make at least one of them..... THanks Pete

Tom
01-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Last August Harpoon Brewery did a 250 mile event from Burlington to the brewery in Windsor, fundraiser for the Vermont Food Bank. Damn, how did I miss that one? It implies that it's a multi day event... I am going to have to keep my eyes open to see if it appears again. I remember a ride from Boston to Windsor a couple of years ago, that's what made me go looking.

pete
01-03-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey Bruce
Thanks for the post. I am really interested in the seacoast century. Many of my PMC training rides are from Andover to RYE NH. I think the rides up the Massachusetts and New Hampshire seacoast are notheing short of spectacular! I can't wait to form the warmer weather!
Pete

Climb01742
01-04-2004, 08:55 AM
bruce,
tempting, very tempting. i'll work on my social skills between now and then. thanks.
climb.