PDA

View Full Version : Campy Carbon Crank Question?

97CSI
01-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Received the Centaur carbon double crankset this afternoon and was surprised to see that Campy put a tag on the end of the crankarms that states that it is important to have a minimum 20mm diameter flange on the pedal where it tightens flush to the crankarm when fully screwed in. The Keo Classic pedals have a 17.78mm diameter flange. This brings up the second issue. The minimum depth Campy lists that the pedal needs to screw into the pedal is listed as 13mm. The Keo Class only screws in to a depth of 11.63mm.

What do you think? Any problem here? Could I put a thin washer in ther to make it 20mm? Thanks.

Dave
01-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I think this is another CYA statement. Wouldn't worry about it unless you're 200+.

Grant McLean
01-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Like Viper will chime in any minute now...

Scotty always gave Captain Kirk a buffer, you know,
so he'd look good when he would exceed the recommended safety limits,
and they'll still get everyone on the ship out alive.

I believe you're within the Scotty margin of error...

-g

97CSI
01-19-2008, 07:12 PM
I think this is another CYA statement. Wouldn't worry about it unless you're 200+.That's me. 200 +/-5.

Just heard from the folks at Branford Bike (thank you). They tell me that Campy has changed their recommendation to match the Keo pedals flange and depth. How convenient.

97CSI
01-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Just full of questions this eveing.

Can the cassette carrier on a pair of Ksyrium Elites be swapped between a Shimano and Campy wheel? Everything else the same? Same pawl arrangment, etc.?

How about a set of Cosmic Elites and Ksyrium Elites? Same question.

Thanks.

Viper
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Like Viper will chime in any minute now...

Scotty always gave Captain Kirk a buffer, you know,
so he'd look good when he would exceed the recommended safety limits,
and they'll still get everyone on the ship out alive.

I believe you're within the Scotty margin of error...

-g

GPDavis the 2nd,

All I can offer is this, agreeing with Ensign McLean, I suggest you run this data through the ship's computer, hold hands with Counselor Troi and rap with Data. Personally, I'd rather run it through 7 of 9, but that just memo. GP, all I ask is that you NEVER wear a red jersey. Only Sachs' jerseys can be worn without doom.

Best regards,

Captain Viper
USS Carl Strong
AL-2008-D