PDA

View Full Version : cipo

swoop
01-19-2008, 01:01 PM
1. hasn't signed a contract.
2. goes back to italy monday
3. has one more meeting with ball..
4. thinks of himself as a straight shooter and ball not so much.
5. was planning to race the early part of the season and then do management.
6. says no one in italy has heard of the brand or wears it.
and
7. put out 2100 watts for 25 seconds when he won worlds.

oh.. the bike has a level top tube and cipo logos all over it.

that's what time it is.

e-RICHIE
01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Swoopedia 1.0

shinomaster
01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
What is a Cipo logo and where can I get one?

swoop
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
What is a Cipo logo and where can I get one?

i think if you do number 7 it somehow shows up for you.

pdxmech13
01-19-2008, 01:07 PM
4. thinks of himself as a straight shooter and ball not so much.

you mean legit

Bill Bove
01-19-2008, 02:15 PM
I never heard of the brand either, nor would I wear it.

But then I am Italian.

AgilisMerlin
01-19-2008, 02:29 PM
ya wanna see mens shoes, check out the choices

http://www.rockandrepublic.com/splash.html

swoop
01-19-2008, 02:31 PM
ya wanna see mens shoes, check out the choices

[

i'd pay money to stop promoting this idiot's brand. web traffic to the site is not they way i'm rolling on this one.

A.L.Breguet
01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Is the demographic for his products not turned off by his d**k pound head attitude, or just unaware.

SWorks4me
01-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Cipo is a lot of things...but stupid is not one of them. atmo

bostondrunk
01-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Why all the negative feelings towards Ball??
He's putting money into the sport. So he's ruffling a few feathers along the way, so what? It's called publicity. Think of how many people had not heard of his brand before now (me included).

Swoop - Did Cipo say anything about racing in the TDC?

swoop
01-19-2008, 04:23 PM
what i think...

if he doesn't sign a contract tonight and his headed back to italy monday and says out loud the same thing every single person that deals with ball ends up saying (about nothing being direct or straight)...

i'd say.. chances are extremely slim that he'll be racing toc. but i know guys on the team that did last minute signings .. so i think that's just how he does things. again, nice boys on that team...

i hear and see that ball is just a guy that always loved biking and happened to hit it big. it doesn't mean has has special insight, good intentions, a clue, or knows what he's doing. it doesn't mean he's nice, or interesting, or otherwise noteworthy as a person. it does mean he sells grips of jeans in japan and makes insane amounts of money and does operate from what looks to me like chaos and pressure.

this also doesn't mean he's not a nice guy if he likes you. he doesn't like me so much. something about me suggesting that he wear a bra got back to him. woops.

i still think he's just spending petty cash on stuff that makes him feel good... he's loved bikes for a long time, and this is a small pond for a multi hundreds of millions of dollars big fish.
as i was reminded by belgium kneewarmers this morning as i was throwing up at the top of the climb...... wordin wasn't winning any popularity contests when he was doing mercury.

i do hope more abercombrie and fitch types get into to domestic bikin' as a result. that would be cool.

in a way.. i think the circus act is good for the attention.. and hopefully some more folks get interested. how about team scientology or something?

Bill Bove
01-19-2008, 04:40 PM
From www.thecurchofthebigring.com

swoop
01-19-2008, 04:56 PM
and now its in cycling news. see.. i got you guys the scoop early cuz i luv u.

Bill Bove
01-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I remember walking away from a conversation with Jim Ochowitz once thinking "boy, what a d!ck"
People can be many things to many people, looks like Ball is one of those people.

stevep
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I never heard of the brand either, nor would I wear it.

billy.
i am told they cost more than 19.95 pr.
we are in the bike business billy.
forget it.

coylifut
01-19-2008, 09:22 PM
R&R is currently trying to hire mechanics for the 2008 season. Funny thing is guys are staying with their current crappy gig because the present turmoil. Frankie leaves, Hed bails and Cipo's going home. The guy brings nothing but turmoil. Not exactly what the sport needs right now. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole team climbed off their bikes during TOC.

flux
01-19-2008, 09:48 PM
R&R is currently trying to hire mechanics for the 2008 season. Funny thing is guys are staying with their current crappy gig because the present turmoil. Frankie leaves, Hed bails and Cipo's going home. The guy brings nothing but turmoil. Not exactly what the sport needs right now. Wouldn't surprise me if the whole team climbed off their bikes during TOC.

Correction. Their original mechanic quit and now works for us (KBS/Medifast).

coylifut
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Correction. Their original mechanic quit and now works for us (KBS/Medifast).

good decision on his part.

flux
01-19-2008, 10:30 PM
good decision on his part.

I dunno... He's going to have to deal with me all year.

:beer: :rolleyes: :crap: :p :argue: :no: :cool:

SoCalSteve
01-19-2008, 11:17 PM

The service manager from a local bike shop went to work for them (as a mechanic), said it was his dream job and was really excited about it...He said he didnt care about all the controversy, about Ball, about any of it. He signed a work contract for the 2008 season...

Good for him! Following his dream-passion and not getting involved (hopefully not) with Mr Ball or any of the pr-mess.

coylifut
01-20-2008, 12:21 AM

heck, you're easy. a plumber with a couple of pipe clamps is all you need.

stevep
01-20-2008, 05:36 AM

i heard spinelli asked for a compact crank and a 13-29 cassette.
flux, you know about that?

BumbleBeeDave
01-20-2008, 08:00 AM

Richie tells us you're just a big teddy bear!

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Richie tells us you're just a big teddy bear!

BBD
don't agitate him - he's my fav to ride shotgun atmo.

ps
arrange disorder
:cool: :cool: :cool:
:p :cool: :cool:
:cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

swoop
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
i guess it went we$$ last night. hello cipo... welcome to c8ck racing.

Grant McLean
01-20-2008, 05:12 PM
i guess it went we$$ last night. hello cipo... welcome to c8ck racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYiLoSPTknw&feature=related

-g

myette10
01-21-2008, 11:34 AM
A friend of mine was contacted for this... His response: "No thanks"

saab2000
01-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I remember walking away from a conversation with Jim Ochowitz once thinking "boy, what a d!ck"
People can be many things to many people, looks like Ball is one of those people.

His dad Irv was the same thing. Same with Otto Wenz.

Superweek Dons. The Two Capi of Wisconsin cycling. But 7-Eleven wouldn't have existed without them probably.

swoop
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM
i was told by someone that read it on molly cameron's blog.... it fell apart last and is a no go... but haven't had it confirmed.

hmmmmmmmm.

wasfast
01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Swoop, there were words to that effect from Doug Ollerenshaw on Molly Cameron's blog. I'm surprised more wasn't said if that was the case.

swoop
01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Swoop, there were words to that effect from Doug Ollerenshaw on Molly Cameron's blog. I'm surprised more wasn't said if that was the case.

i texted a guy on team.. we'll see if i get a call back. i don't know doug or molly... but that's where i think it came from. blame the rain.. i'm playing on the computer when i should be writing.