PDA

View Full Version : Team 7-11 bike article

rwsaunders
01-18-2008, 07:50 PM
There's an interesting article about the various bikes, including interviews with the riders and the builders (including our host) in the March/April 2008 issue of Road Bike Action Magazine.

Pete Serotta
01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes and see the great comments that Davis offers on the new OTTROTT>>> :D

Yes, I could not resist :beer:

Chris
01-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I never knew about the problems that Serotta and the team encountered because of the True Temper tubing. I thought that was interesting. It would have been interesting to see the team stick with Serotta and then move into the Motorola years if it would have been possible financially for Serotta to do so.

14max
01-19-2008, 12:51 PM

Michael Maddox
01-19-2008, 02:52 PM
That's a really good article. Reading it took me back to 19 years old and racing every weekend, wrenching all week. Man! Good times.

I, too, was interested in the True Temper problems. What I don't understand is True Temper's apparent reticence to increase the tubing thickness. If there's a problem with the tubing, you'd think SOMEONE would consider addressing it. Although I loved the Merckx bikes, having an American team riding American bikes was, to me, of great importance.

It was nice to see Davis go back to Serotta with the move to Coors Light/ADR. He even fell asleep against me at a Serotta event in Atlanta in 91 or so. He's the guy that kicked off my own Serotta-lust.

TMB
01-19-2008, 04:17 PM
There's an interesting article about the various bikes, including interviews with the riders and the builders (including our host) in the March/April 2008 issue of Road Bike Action Magazine.

Thank you for posting this.

I picked up a copy of this magazine today and am enjoying it.

I've never read it before, is it generally a good mag? what's the view.

I'm quite interested in this article since I have 1) a "thing" for Merckx bikes, and 2) I sometimes ride with one of the members of Slurpees from back then.

wasfast
01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Considering a 6 issue (1 year) subscription is a whole $9.99, I signed up instantly. One issue of one of the UK publications at Borders is that much. It's a steal IMO.

rwsaunders
01-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Considering a 6 issue (1 year) subscription is a whole $9.99, I signed up instantly. One issue of one of the UK publications at Borders is that much. It's a steal IMO.

Twisted minds think alike.