PDA

View Full Version : Wheelbuild question

Jeff Weir
08-11-2004, 12:12 PM
I am having Frank Corda buildup a set of wheels: Chorus/Mavic Open Pro black/ 32 hole/3x. Here is the question: the spokes will be black...should the nipples be black or silver? On one hand I think the silver nipples might add nice contrast, but, the black nipples would blend seamlessly.
I know, I know..get a life Jeff.

bcm119
08-11-2004, 12:17 PM
One vote for silver nips. BTW, what kind of spokes?

dgauthier
08-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Silver (or brass) will look good next to the silvery stainless steel eyelets on the black rim.

Kevan
08-11-2004, 03:53 PM
rasta-man! :D

I have no talent for such questions.

and I can't seem to stay quiet either. :D

dave thompson
08-11-2004, 04:20 PM
I am having Frank Corda buildup a set of wheels: Chorus/Mavic Open Pro black/ 32 hole/3x. Here is the question: the spokes will be black...should the nipples be black or silver? On one hand I think the silver nipples might add nice contrast, but, the black nipples would blend seamlessly.
I know, I know..get a life Jeff.
Silver!

I had Frank build me a set of wheels 3 years ago. Still, to this day, they are straight and true. He is a great wheelbuilder!

hooverone
08-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Does Frank Corda have a site to see his work? Or to order his wheels?

Jim

Jeff Weir
08-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Hooverone,
Frank does not have a website. You can contact him: wheels513@yahoo.com
He does great work.

Silver nipples it is!

dave thompson
08-11-2004, 06:44 PM
Does Frank Corda have a site to see his work? Or to order his wheels?

Jim
Ask Frank to send you pics of his 'modified' Phil Wood spoke machine. The guy has some serious equipment. The last time I talked to him several years ago, he was a aircraft mechanic for FedEx, and built wheels in his off time. But he builds serious wheels, and very well. Like I said earlier, the wheels he built for me are 3 years old, many many 1000's of miles and zero maintenance. First class all the way.