PDA

View Full Version : OK, so who was your favorite Idol last night

ericspin
01-16-2008, 05:31 AM
For me it was the young lady from Oregon that trains horses and is training for cagefighting. She was hawt. But then Carrie Underwood is my all time favorite so it stands to reason that I would like this girl.

You ever get the feeling that Simon automatically gives all the good looking ones a pass?

And oh by the way....poor Temptress. Damn, her Mom needs to get a bike and start riding 70 minutes a day, huh?

zank
01-16-2008, 05:34 AM
That guy who sang about sex. :rolleyes:

Dave B
01-16-2008, 06:12 AM
I loved UKA.

From his hair to his nipple!

steve575
01-16-2008, 06:20 AM
I really liked the tour guide from Boston with the low singing voice. "Let my people go"

J.Greene
01-16-2008, 06:42 AM
I watched AI for the first time last night. I was disapointed. I kept thinking that if you close your eyes all the people selected were the same. But I don't actually subsribe to pop culture, except for my use of the acronym atmo atmo.

I think project runway is much more interesting.

JG

manet
01-16-2008, 06:54 AM
what was weir wearin ?

Kevan
01-16-2008, 06:56 AM
and missed everything.

Well rested.

gone
01-16-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm proud to say I don't own a TV.

bigbill
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
I have always been partial to Ganesh, the elephant headed god although I do have several buddha statues. It's hard to pick a favorite.

Volant
01-16-2008, 08:30 AM

+1. What's Idol?

MarleyMon
01-16-2008, 10:08 AM
That guy who sang about sex. :rolleyes:
The "no sex" guy or the "sex w/ Paula" guy?

are you quoting Harry Shearer in "For Your Consideration"? (its a movie :rolleyes: )

pjm
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Paula's looking good this season.

gone
01-16-2008, 03:25 PM
are you quoting Harry Shearer in "For Your Consideration"? (its a movie :rolleyes: )

I'm proud to say I haven't seen it :D

BumpyintheBurgh
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM

I'm proud to say I own six TVs and have never seen Idol.
You other guys who are proud to have not seen it are probably too busy watching the 'Presidential Candidates Debates' or if you don't have a TV, at least listening to them on the radio. Gotta get your priorities in order for what's most important in this country. As for me it's 'Law & Order' every hour, every day, all the time on cable, with an occasional rerun of 'Coach'. That L&O guy, **** Wolf must be worth $$billions from the reruns. If the writers strike continues, you'll be able to overdose on reality TV. Never understood the appeal of watching people go on TV and make idiots of themselves, even if you win a little cash but I think that reality TV will be with us for awhile. So gear up for more Survivor, Great Race, American Idol, Bachelor, Biggest Loser, Kid Nation, Dancing with the Stars, American Gladiator etc, etc, and my all-time favorite, America's Next Top Model with Tyra Banks. Yes, the end of Western Civilization is near if we think this is entertainment. Man, I gotta ride my bike more, better yet read a book.

MilanoTom
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
The Paula stalker ruled the roost. The only problem was that my girlfriend sat there utterly mortified, while I was doubled over in laughter. She just didn't get it.

Might be time to find a more demented girlfriend (and no, not the Star Wars chick).

Tom

davids
01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I was reading the Book of Judges, and then skimmed some of the early prophets, all for a class I'm taking. Wow, there's some wacked out stories in those books. Plenty of idolatry, too. Even some songs.

No TV, though. AI doesn't do it for me.

Louis
01-16-2008, 04:55 PM

Amen to that.

I don't think I've ever seen even a millisecond of that show. I don't know if that's something to be proud of, but it's true.

I waste enough time on this forum, don't have any left over for the boob-tube.

1centaur
01-16-2008, 05:37 PM
For me it was the young lady from Oregon that trains horses and is training for cagefighting. She was hawt. But then Carrie Underwood is my all time favorite so it stands to reason that I would like this girl.

You ever get the feeling that Simon automatically gives all the good looking ones a pass?

And oh by the way....poor Temptress. Damn, her Mom needs to get a bike and start riding 70 minutes a day, huh?

+1 across the board.

BTW, how lousy must it be to be a screener for that show and plow through 200,000 people to find 15 wackos and 10 good singers?

Finally, after all Simon's comments about fat contestants, he's going to get comments this year because he is porking up.

SoCalSteve
01-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm proud to say I own six TVs and have never seen Idol.
You other guys who are proud to have not seen it are probably too busy watching the 'Presidential Candidates Debates' or if you don't have a TV, at least listening to them on the radio. Gotta get your priorities in order for what's most important in this country. As for me it's 'Law & Order' every hour, every day, all the time on cable, with an occasional rerun of 'Coach'. That L&O guy, **** Wolf must be worth $$billions from the reruns. If the writers strike continues, you'll be able to overdose on reality TV. Never understood the appeal of watching people go on TV and make idiots of themselves, even if you win a little cash but I think that reality TV will be with us for awhile. So gear up for more Survivor, Great Race, American Idol, Bachelor, Biggest Loser, Kid Nation, Dancing with the Stars, American Gladiator etc, etc, and my all-time favorite, America's Next Top Model with Tyra Banks. Yes, the end of Western Civilization is near if we think this is entertainment. Man, I gotta ride my bike more, better yet read a book.

So sad on so many levels...and so true!

Maybe I'll get a job as a wrench in a bike store if this continues....So sad, so sad!

Steve

PS: **** Wolf ( of L & O fame is a real genius and deserves everything thats coming to him)!!!

Pete Serotta
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
e-richie, the jerk, swoop, spokes ;) ;)