PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried?

TMB
01-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Expense Report time.

I have a receipt in my wallet for the "Two Step Saloon"

I don't remember any "Two Step Saloon"

??????????????????????????????

BTW - no new tattoos

Acotts
01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Must be Identity theft. I mean, why would you ever be in a place called Two Step Saloon? I just doesn't add up.

:beer:

aLexis
01-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Do any of these images look familiar?

If not, you're safe - you've never been to a real two-step saloon.

regularguy412
01-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Expense Report time.

BTW - no new tattoos

You didn't suddenly find a band of gold on yer left ring finger, did ya?
:D
:beer:
Mike in AR

TMB
01-15-2008, 10:36 AM
OK, I am worried then.

I have clearly never been to a "real" two step saloon, As far as I remember.

I am pretty sure that band of gold was there before

but I've got this receipt ....

How do I get the boffins in accounting to accept it as legitimate business expense if'n I can't even tell them where it is????

swoop
01-15-2008, 10:43 AM
OK, I am worried then.

I have clearly never been to a "real" two step saloon, As far as I remember.

I am pretty sure that band of gold was there before

but I've got this receipt ....

How do I get the boffins in accounting to accept it as legitimate business expense if'n I can't even tell them where it is????

the simple answer is to blame the meth you were on. just say.. i was so tweaked i just don't remember exactly that day.. and then ask to borrow forty bucks and tell them about how you've gotten into a new hobby. you like to follow the accounting department employees home to see where they live... just because you like to imagine what the inside of their houses look like.

TMB
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
the simple answer is to blame the meth you were on. just say.. i was so tweaked i just don't remember exactly that day.. and then ask to borrow forty bucks and tell them about how you've gotten into a new hobby. you like to follow the accounting department employees home to see where they live... just because you like to imagine what the inside of their houses look like.

Ding, ding, ding ...................

We have a winner! :banana: :beer:

handsomerob
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Expense Report time.

BTW - no new tattoos

A lot bars that were purchased from original owners somewhat seemlessly retain the same old credit card machine and accounts (easier and cheaper than setting up new accounts). You might have been to a place that used to be the Two Step Saloon, but is now Bud's Suds.

rdparadise
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
This is what I found:

www.twostepsaloon.com

Hopefully you were by there recently. Sounds like a dinner receipt to me? :no:

TMB
01-15-2008, 11:13 AM
This is what I found:

www.twostepsaloon.com

Hopefully you were by there recently. Sounds like a dinner receipt to me? :no:

That's funny.

That is exactly where I was - didn't even know that was the name of the place.

I guess I should look at the name over the door before I go in! Thank you ( i guess this is not a "valid" claim)

PaulE
01-15-2008, 12:09 PM
have been relaxed from anything over $25 to anything over $75. This happened a few years back. Some companies have an expense reimbursement policy of requiring a receipt for anything the IRS requires a receipt for. Some companies make their own rules which can be stricter than the IRS' rules for receipts. Some accounting departments don't look at all the receipts provided the expense reimbursement form is approved by the right person.

Don't follow the accountants around to their houses. You will want to know how they can afford all those nice bikes and cars, and live in those expensive houses.

barry1021
01-15-2008, 07:47 PM
That's funny.

That is exactly where I was - didn't even know that was the name of the place.

I guess I should look at the name over the door before I go in! Thank you ( i guess this is not a "valid" claim)

are starting to worry me.

TMB
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM
are starting to worry me.

Funny thing is, I really never even noticed if there was a sign up with the name on it, I remember the place now.

It was mid afternoon and lunch time, I went in asked if kids were allowed - of course they were.

The place was clean, they had colouring stuff for the kids, etc. No smoking.

About 3 dozen different kinds of beer on tap, and ( you will be surprised by this) the food was really good.

Classic, no frills club sandwich. Really good.

I just looked at that receipt, and thought " ???? "

KeithS
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
When I was first out of college my boss asked one of the old guys to mentor me on such complex tasks as expense reports. Our admin showed me the form and what codes went where, how things were described, acceptable practices, timing etc...

One of the aforementioned "old guys" Bill said "It's easy kid, just start down here with your house payment and work backwards." I learned a lot from him..