PDA

View Full Version : Patriots/Chargers AFC Championship

Jeff N.
01-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, most of you East Coast folk knew this was coming. I did. All along. So here we come, New England. The Chargers. Da Bolts. And HELL'S COMIN' WITH US! Jeff N.

csm
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM
bring it on. just remember to pack your warm undies.

saab2000
01-13-2008, 09:12 PM
The only team the Packers fear went down today.

America's team has next year........

csm
01-13-2008, 09:13 PM
I can't imagine the patriots losing.

MarleyMon
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Chargers beat Colts. ouch. Congrats to the Bolts.
Chargers get their rematch.
They may be too beat up to challenge the Pats.
Pats - Packers = great climax to a fun season.

saab2000
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
I can't imagine the patriots losing.

Yeah, they're good.

But the real champs play one game at a time. The Pats are good. No doubt about it. Maybe the best ever. Super human.

Brett Favre is human. Tom Brady?

I dunno.

Still, the Pats have to beat the Chargers and the Packers have to beat the New York football Giants.

No gimmes at this level. They're all good.

But anyone who has ever seen the Packers at home has seen the 11 NFL championship (now 12) years up at Lambeau.

Like it or not, they ARE the NFL.

Louis
01-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Brett Favre is human. Tom Brady? I dunno.

This is probably looking ahead a bit, but assuming that's the XLII matchup can you imagine what the Brady vs Favre hype is going to be like?

I'm guessing that it will seem as if they will be the only two players on the field.

pdxmech13
01-13-2008, 09:55 PM
pats loose

favre retires before wearing the ring :beer:

saab2000
01-13-2008, 09:56 PM
pats loose

favre retires before wearing the ring :beer:

He already has one.

Had one when Brady was in high school.

pdxmech13
01-13-2008, 09:58 PM
im talking about the new one

Michael Maddox
01-13-2008, 10:18 PM
You know, it's funny, but I have recently returned to school. To FSU in Mathematics. Needless to say, I get hassled about football an awful lot. It's great to be able to say, in all honesty,

"Sorry. I don't follow football. Pro cycling's all I really follow."

rwsaunders
01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Buy those Billy Volek jerseys now before Jessica Simpson gets to him.

soulspinner
01-14-2008, 04:27 AM
That Packer-Seahawk game in the snow was what football is in January. I only hope Farve has two great games in him. Win and retire on top like Elway. :beer:

stevep
01-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Well, most of you East Coast folk knew this was coming. I did. All along. So here we come, New England. The Chargers. Da Bolts. And HELL'S COMIN' WITH US! Jeff N.

entertaining games all this weekend.

remember last year jeff and dont split the winnings before the game.
i predict a quiet plane ride back to san diego...but they made it further this year than last.

if they beat the patriots in new england more power to them.

early weather prediction- temp in teens...probably like san diego in winter.

Climb01742
01-14-2008, 06:54 AM
i was worried about a colts/pats rematch. the chargers do look banged up. no offense to bolts fans, but phillip rivers seems a weak link. but then so did eli manning and look which manning is still playing.

a pats/packers super bowl would be cool. hope the pack/giants game next weekend is another "frozen tundra" game--that was so old school and great.

Redturbo
01-14-2008, 07:10 AM
I like the Chargers uni best. :cool:

Jeff N.
01-14-2008, 08:01 AM
The early Vegas line has the Pats favored by 14 1/2!!! Hmmm...might just take some of that action. Jeff N.

stevep
01-14-2008, 08:21 AM
The early Vegas line has the Pats favored by 14 1/2!!! Hmmm...might just take some of that action. Jeff N.

that is probably good action,...esp if it is played at 10 degrees like they predict

William
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Tom Brady asked me to pass on this message to the bolts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox6JMo0ounI

He means it in a warm fuzzy way..... ;)

William

39cross
01-14-2008, 10:35 AM
The early Vegas line has the Pats favored by 14 1/2!!! Hmmm...might just take some of that action. Jeff N.Jeff, you were a good sport about it when your beloved team lost last year. Good thing you have some practice with that.

But at that spread I'd take the Chargers.

Volek was impressive. I'd start him over Rivers.

davids
01-14-2008, 10:44 AM
i was worried about a colts/pats rematch. the chargers do look banged up. no offense to bolts fans, but phillip rivers seems a weak link.All the Foxboro denizens will have to do is a bit of heckling. Rivers and Tomlinson will be driven to distraction.

"Phil, LT: Neener-neener-neerer!"

http://www.patriotsny.com/Pages%20in%20use%2006/Rachel.jpg

It will work like a charm.

Jeff N.
01-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Tom Brady asked me to pass on this message to the bolts....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox6JMo0ounI

He means it in a warm fuzzy way..... ;)

WilliamHey! Don't rip off my schtick! And besides, Kurt Russell is a Charger fan, no doubt. ;) Jeff N.

stevep
01-14-2008, 10:54 AM
All the Foxboro denizens will have to do is a bit of heckling. Rivers and Tomlinson will be driven to distraction.

"Phil, LT: Neener-neener-neerer!"

http://www.patriotsny.com/Pages%20in%20use%2006/Rachel.jpg

It will work like a charm.

all they need to do is play the pregame tapes from last year..

rdparadise
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Well, let's hear it for the underdogs on Sunday. Chargers are surely looking for revenge however, they may have to wait for another year. I don't think the Pats are going to lose until the Fall of 2008 and that's questionable too! :butt:

Regarding the Giants-Packers game, this should be interesting. The Giants D has really played above itself and they honestly look great. The Packers haven't been this far in a while, however, I do believe they are the stronger of the two teams and based on home field, I have to go with the Packers. That crowd was awesome on Saturday in Lambeau and I don't think it will any different this coming Sunday.

Regarding Pack/Pats bowl, go PATS!

Bob
Former New Englander
Now So. Jersey

stevep
01-14-2008, 12:10 PM
hey saab,
i wanna get tickets to lambeau for this game.
can you help me out?
s
might be close.

72gmc
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
I didn't watch Pats/Seahawks, but the highlights made me wonder why the NFL allows any teams to play indoors. The weather should be a part of every game.

I'm hoping for Pats/Pack for a competitive matchup. The Pats would have the smallest QB advantage of their playoff run, and the Pack would have the better RB.

William
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey! Don't rip off my schtick! And besides, Kurt Russell is a Charger fan, no doubt. ;) Jeff N.

Well, actually......

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=36856

Are you still my friend? You know Jeff N. If I thought you weren't my friend, why, I just don't think I could bare it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnwvZcb9EEM

William ;)

Dan Le foot
01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Climb01742] no offense to bolts fans, but phillip rivers seems a weak link. QUOTE]

No offense taken, Climb. Philip is a little goofy. Did you see him jawing at the fan during the game? Not quite as professional as your Brady. But Rivers had a very large game against the Colts. Could do it in Foxboro.
I think Rodney and Junior will be up for the game. Bolts didn't think these two were good enough a few years ago when they became washed up.
I don't see how we can contain Brady. But the receivers going over the middle are going to feel it.
Dan

paczki
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm hoping for Pats/Pack for a competitive matchup. The Pats would have the smallest QB advantage of their playoff run, and the Pack would have the better RB.

The Pats do have these two receivers who I hear are pretty good...

saab2000
01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
hey saab,
i wanna get tickets to lambeau for this game.
can you help me out?
s
might be close.

Can't help. My Dad has two season tickets and they are spoken for. Gotta call a broker. My Dad usually sells one of his through a broker if a family member won't use them.

He pays for his own season of tickets by selling some of them through brokers.

Back when they won the Super Bowl in the 90s he had tickets and didn't go 'cuz it was a long ways away. Sold them for a couple grand..... Not bad.

Jeff N.
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Well, actually......

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=36856

Are you still my friend? You know Jeff N. If I thought you weren't my friend, why, I just don't think I could bare it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnwvZcb9EEM

William ;)William, you poor soul. You're just too high strung.... :p Jeff N.

HSG Racer
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
If you do not support the Patriots then you are unpatriotic. Any real American has a duty to support the New England Patriots. I'm sure that our fearless president would agree.

:fight:

Ray
01-15-2008, 02:48 AM
If you do not support the Patriots then you are unpatriotic. Any real American has a duty to support the New England Patriots. I'm sure that our fearless president would agree.

:fight:
I'll be happy enough to see the Pats win, but I'll be rooting for the underdog and that won't be them. Dissent is the height of patriotism - haven't you heard?

-Ray

stevep
01-15-2008, 04:47 AM
I'll be happy enough to see the Pats win, but I'll be rooting for the underdog and that won't be them. Dissent is the height of patriotism - haven't you heard?

-Ray

ray hates america
is unpatriotic

Jeff N.
01-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I will admit right now that T. Brady and the Patriots this year are the finest NFL team I've ever seen, and if the Bolts were to upset them, it would rank up there with the biggest upsets in NFL history. Maybe the single biggest. Are we all in agreement on that? Jeff N.

rdparadise
01-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Jeff:

I agree with you, if the bolts beat the Patriots it would be a HUGE upset. Of course, it ain't happening.

Have you ever seen a Norv Turner team do anything extraordinary? I know beating the Colts was big, but Norv does not impress me as a head coach.

I agree that the Patriots deserve the perfect record and do look like the finest team ever assembled to play in the NFL, or AFL for that matter.

Go PATS.

Bob
Former New Englander

Jeff N.
01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Brady= Eric Clapton
Rivers= Angus Young

rwsaunders
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Tom Brady = Giselle

Philip Rivers = ?

maunahaole
01-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Tom Brady = Giselle

Philip Rivers = ?

Philip Rivers = Janice ****inson

stevep
01-15-2008, 05:11 PM
weather.
high temp sunday 10 degrees zero in am.
20-30 mph wind

like san diego during the last ice age...

Jeff N.
01-15-2008, 05:45 PM
weather.
20-30 mph wind

like san diego during the last ice age...I don't think even my deep freezer out in the garage can get down that cold! That ball is gonna feel like a rock! Maybe Brady will complete 28 of thirty passes...to Antonio Cromartie! Jeff N.

davids
01-15-2008, 07:05 PM
weather.
20-30 mph wind

like san diego during the last ice age...No, steve. It's going to get up to around 20 around kick-off. This should help the Chargers, don't you think?

csm
01-15-2008, 08:36 PM
isn't it gonna snow too?

stevep
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
some local color

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGbua9TV18c&eurl=http://www.bostonsportz.com/blog/2008/1/8/pats-16-0-song.html

dig the accent. sounds like me

stevep
01-20-2008, 11:09 AM
not that cold here jeff.

its mid 20s now... supposed to get colder and windier but its not what was predicted.

Ti Designs
01-20-2008, 12:31 PM
like san diego during the last ice age...

Most of us can't remember that far back.

stevep
01-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Most of us can't remember that far back.

i will say the mastadons did way more damage in the garden than the deer do now.

and the sabre tooth tigers... oye..

Viper
01-20-2008, 03:13 PM
One quarter over, down 7-6, the Chargers are playing well. Still, the Pats are like LA against Pantani; the Patriots always have more in the tank and will beat you in the second half (except no gifts atmo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMAw246Vkv8&feature=related

csm
01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
bolts look better than I thought they would but unless they get force a few breaks they will not go to the big big show.

paczki
01-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Where is this HELL you speak of? :beer:

barry1021
01-20-2008, 05:10 PM
30 minutes from my house!! I am wondering between the PGA golf and the Super Bowl, is it going to be safe to ride??

Bruce K
01-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Pats are headed to Arizona.

Give credit to the walking wounded of the Chargers, they gave it their best.

I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks. :crap: :crap:

BK

Viper
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
This Packers/Giants game might actually be more exciting that the Super Bowl...the weather, Lambeau Field, two closely matched teams, Favre's fate and faith. Everyone expects the Pats to win the Super Bowl...let's see who will get there (and fyi Patriots, the Giants played you super tough a few weeks ago and Favre is, well Favre).

Should be a great game on now.

stevep
01-20-2008, 05:48 PM
it was a battle for sure.
one to go.

somehow it keeps getting done.
maroney and faulk today.

we'll see in a couple of weeks.

those guys will go home with a ton of "what ifs"
hope they can carry it over until next season.

97CSI
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Could not have been more predictable if they had a script. Which, am sure, NE does. GO GIANTS!!

Jeff N.
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm proud of the fight my Chargers displayed in today's game. Rivers has balls down to his knees, IMO. No LT? Virtually no Gates? No Jamal Williams? And my wife ( in Vegas) wins hundreds because the Pats couldn't make the spread? That'll have to do. Tough suns-a-biches, them Pats. Best of luck in Glendale! Jeff N.

Jeff N.
01-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Pats gonna tear the Giants a new azzhole in the SB, IMO. Jeff N.

RIHans
01-21-2008, 01:58 AM
Pats....28

Giants...13

Knocking on Mercury's door. Maybe kicking it in.

39cross
01-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Poor Norv must have felt like the Tidy Bowl Man watching 9:44 swirl away down the drain after punting on 4th and 10 from the Pat's 35. Man, what an incredible drive to lock up the game.

Jeff, you are a true gentleman, sorry you have to experience what it used to be like being a Red Sox fan.

Jeff N.
01-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Poor Norv must have felt like the Tidy Bowl Man watching 9:44 swirl away down the drain after punting on 4th and 10 from the Pat's 35. Man, what an incredible drive to lock up the game.

Jeff, you are a true gentleman, sorry you have to experience what it used to be like being a Red Sox fan.Yes, I was in disbelief when the Chargers punted at that time. I didn't think they had any chioce but to go for it, but I guess Norv thought otherwise. I mean, Brady got past the 35 on the very first play! So what was gained by punting? :crap: Oh, well...I can now put all my Chargers gear away. More time to ride now. HA! Jeff N.