PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout dem Packers?

saab2000
01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
My 78-year old dad is at the game. Cool.

Season tickets are cool.

Viper
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Brett Favre would kick the **** out of Chuck Norris. There, I said it.

TimD
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Brett Favre would kick the **** out of Chuck Norris. There, I said it.

Maybe. But can Favre divide by zero? Chuck Norris can, I read it on the Internet!

MarleyMon
01-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Great game!
Ryan Grant bounced back pretty solid from those 2 fumbles.
How does Brett do it? Wow! He wasn't even looking.
Season tix - thats a legacy - makes a Sachs or Vanilla wait list look like the blink of an eye.

frackin' Pats just scored again durnit!

fmbp
01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
My mother in law and brother in law were at the game as well. Yep, season tickets . . . via my wife's great aunt and uncle. My wife's great Aunt and Uncle attended the Ice Bowl. Dems some dyed in the wool Packer's fans der.

soulspinner
01-13-2008, 05:42 AM
My 78-year old dad is at the game. Cool.

Season tickets are cool.

At 38 he had some juice on the ball when he needed it. Green Bays offense looks as good as anybodys and if you take away 14 pts cause by turnovers they really did a great job against a good opponent.

Erik.Lazdins
01-13-2008, 08:14 AM
At 38 he had some juice on the ball when he needed it. Green Bays offense looks as good as anybodys and if you take away 14 pts cause by turnovers they really did a great job against a good opponent.

Let's root for the Giants today if for no other reason that we can see Green Bay host again next week.

There is something special about Lambeau Field. Yes the turf is heated but its natural, the stadium is outside and this combination hearkens back to the days I'd test the limits of our mud room in Jersey. I'd come home covered in mud from playing football with my friends in all weather.

I don't like astroturf and despise domed stadiums.

I'd prefer that the powers that be at the superbowl pick a real stadium for the Superbowl. Outside, real turf, real winter conditions. The fans should have to bundle up to go to the game. This will help get real fans to the game, not just the ones with the deep pockets.

Everybody recalls the Icebowl - the extreme weather should be a part of football.

And with regard to Brett's arm, he's been among the strongest in the league for all of his 250+ consecutive starts.
:beer: Green Bay!

hansolo758
01-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Yup, it was a good game. I'm rooting for the Giants as well today, because I'm not sure the Pack can turn Dallas aside. Perhaps the Pack can come to some arrangement with Jessica Simpson?

Ozz
01-13-2008, 09:44 AM
The Packers put forth a great effort....I wish I could say the same for my 'hawks. :crap:

Now, go kick the cr@p out of Dallas or NY! Go Packers!

stevep
01-13-2008, 11:14 AM
cool game with the snow.
what a phenomenal atmosphere for a football game.

marley man...
what about today?
who's going into the meat chopper next week...
indy or sd?

come on..pick.

i pick indy 35-24

MarleyMon
01-13-2008, 11:22 AM

indy or sd?

come on..pick.

Home field has held so far, and I crave another shot at the Pats.
If Manning can keep it out of the hands of the Chargers, Colts will win.

C'mon Colts! 28-24.

A.L.Breguet
01-13-2008, 11:25 AM
!

Dave B
01-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Home field has held so far, and I crave another shot at the Pats.
If Manning can keep it out of the hands of the Chargers, Colts will win.

C'mon Colts! 28-24.

I hope Bob Sanders kicks Brady in the nutz! Just full on speed sort of drop kick right in there!

I bet enough people in Indiana would pay his fine for him!

MarleyMon
01-13-2008, 11:32 AM
I hope Bob Sanders kicks Brady in the nutz! Just full on speed sort of drop kick right in there!

I'm a home team guy as much as anybody, but the Chargers are first.
And TB is awesome - what a show last night.
Gotta beat the best to be the best.

stevep
01-13-2008, 12:00 PM

how can you hate brady?
the guy who talks with his arm not his mouth.

26-28 w/ 1 dropped ball. i forget what happened on the other errant pass.

man. you should send him money to watch him dissect these guys.

72gmc
01-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I watched a few minutes of that game yesterday and what struck me was the line play, both good and bad. John Clayton reported earlier this season that officials are flagging OL holding a lot less than in previous seasons. Brady's long pass to Stallworth wouldn't happen except for a defensive end being ridden like a pony at the country fair, right in front of the ref. Same too for several Garrard completions I can recall. QB performance is up, no doubt what the NFL wanted, but ye gods I don't expect to see this much mugging when I'm not watching Big Ten football.

paczki
01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
how can you hate brady?
the guy who talks with his arm not his mouth.

26-28 w/ 1 dropped ball. i forget what happened on the other errant pass.

man. you should send him money to watch him dissect these guys.

+1

I mean c'mon. It's not like he's mugging anyone. Is that how little you think of the Colts, that they need to foul Brady to win? Now kicking Rodney Harrison -- that's different.

stevep
01-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I hope Bob Sanders kicks Brady in the nutz! !

hes a punk.
they will kick his arse.
and he will deserve it.

ultimate no class move with the kicker.
beneath no class.

97CSI
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Go Cowboys!! All the way! Farb is a washed-up old has-been. They just got lucky and Seattle had an off day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

And speaking of bad calls. Wonder who is paying off the guy making the pass interference/holding calls against SD, today? And I couldn't care less who wins.

Did I say "Go Cowboys!!", yet?

Len J
01-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Go Cowboys!! All the way! Farb is a washed-up old has-been. They just got lucky and Seattle had an off day. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.....

And speaking of bad calls. Wonder who is paying off the guy making the pass interference/holding calls against SD, today? And I couldn't care less who wins.

Packers will win or lose in the playoffs........

based on how close to the letter of the rule they call pass interference. Their secondary is the dirtiest in football. The Refs yesterday let them mug the Seattle receivers.

Len

Bruce K
01-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Bye-bye Colts.

Pats vs Chargers next week.

Should be an awesome game.

BK

rphetteplace
01-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Packers will win or lose in the playoffs........

based on how close to the letter of the rule they call pass interference. Their secondary is the dirtiest in football. The Refs yesterday let them mug the Seattle receivers.

Len

If by dirtiest you mean kick arse! I'll agree with you. Yesterday was a special day here in Wisconsin

Len J
01-13-2008, 06:56 PM
If by dirtiest you mean kick arse! I'll agree with you. Yesterday was a special day here in Wisconsin

No, by dirtiest, I mean clutch & grab.

Len

Not a team left I like....come on College BBall. :crap:

Ray
01-14-2008, 06:00 AM
Yes, I believe you did. Nothing personal, but there's been little in life that gives me more sports fan pleasure than seeing the Cowboys lose. All the better when they do it at home. Couldn't stand 'em since the Staubach days. Or the Meredith days. At which point, I liked Dandy Don, but hated the team. Like now - I like Romo well enough, but I'll never like the Cowboys. The evil empire of sports.

As much as I loathed the Cowboys, I grew up in Baltimore and we had season tix in the Johnny U / Raymond Berry / Lenny Moore / John Mackey days and I hate to see the Colts lose. Although it doesn't bother me nearly as much since they left town. But with all of the calls going against San Diego yesterday, I actually found myself rooting for the Chargers and poor old Norv. Glad he got a win. Irony to see them lose after being so good last year and then win after being so bad early this year. I doubt they can beat the Pats, but I hope they give 'em a hell of a fight.

The Pats are without a doubt an amazing team and I don't even dislike them. Just too great not to enjoy watching. And I'm genetically programmed to hate the Packers since I was 3 years old. But how can you hate THESE Packers? I'd love nothing more than to see another snowy hellish game in GB next week with the Pack getting into the Super Bowl. And as much as I respect the Pats, I'd love to see Favre play a great Supe and beat the Pats in with a miracle late drive. He can retire in glory and the Pats can go on to win the next five in a row, but that would be too cool.

Not gonna happen, but we can dream, eh?

-Ray

stevep
01-14-2008, 06:21 AM
Bolts! 28-24.

marley man picks it'
nice job.

97CSI
01-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Oh, well. Nothing to cry about.

Go Chargers, NE & Giants. Anyone but the pakers. As a long-time Cowboys fan, I have two teams that I can't abide. The pakers and the stealers. Both have beaten the Cowboys at the end of the season too often in the past 40+ years. But, it is only football. Most of all, Go Spring (and good riding weather).

saab2000
01-14-2008, 06:24 AM
Long-term forecast for Green Bay is for quite cold (single digits) weather, but not for snow. My brother and my Dad will be at the game. I hope its a real epic.

That said, I don't see anyone beating the Pats. They simply don't seem to make any mistakes. All routes are run perfectly. Brady's throws are always spot on and he's never under pressure.

I want GB to win their next two games. But it's going to take a great game to beat the Giants and a miracle to beat New England.

stevep
01-14-2008, 06:51 AM
That said, I don't see anyone beating the Pats. They simply don't seem to make any mistakes. All routes are run perfectly. Brady's throws are always spot on and he's never under pressure.

not never saab.
he was only 26-28 sat with one drop.

irony welker dropped one in the stomach. i dont think he dropped anything the whole year. hes been the pickup of the century in my mind... and moss has done ok too considering they lost a 4th round draft choice for him.