PDA

View Full Version : OT PETA and the other Cannibal

rwsaunders
01-11-2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,322190,00.html

A.L.Breguet
01-12-2008, 05:17 AM
Mmmm, tastes like chicken?
Kidding aside, lets not forget the victim.

BumbleBeeDave
01-12-2008, 07:09 AM
I'm with the sheriff . . .

""This is a jailhouse, not a hotel that takes requests for meals," he said, characterizing the PETA letter as a ploy to get publicity — and a successful one at that."

I think the PETA folks have a reasonable message, but they consistently dilute the importance of that message with publicity ploys like this one that go so far beyond just "tacky" that they totally negate whatever vegetarian message they are trying to get across. Anybody that would cynically take advantage of this situation--and the victim--to gain publicity has problems far, far more serious than their diet.

BBD

rwsaunders
01-12-2008, 07:11 AM

""This is a jailhouse, not a hotel that takes requests for meals," he said, characterizing the PETA letter as a ploy to get publicity — and a successful one at that."

I think the PETA folks have a reasonable message, but they consistently dilute the importance of that message with publicity ploys like this one that go so far beyond just "tacky" that they totally negate whatever vegetarian message they are trying to get across. Anybody that would cynically take advantage of this situation--and the victim--to gain publicity has problems far, far more serious than their diet.

BBD

The exact purpose of the post. How would you even link the killing of a victim like that to vegetarianism?

Ginger
01-12-2008, 08:35 AM

BBD

You know...not all vegetarians pay attention to their nutrition properly.

DarrenCT
01-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Mmmm, tastes like chicken?
Kidding aside, lets not forget the victim.

exactly. the poor victim is who we should be thinking about

btw, that freakin guy looks scary.