PDA

View Full Version : Marion Jones sentenced

jeffg
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Wow (http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandfield/news/story?id=3191954)

e-RICHIE
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
she didn't believe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0) atmo.

Viper
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Blue Jays
01-11-2008, 01:39 PM
She likely would have not received a prison sentence for the past drug usage if it weren't for the criminal checking scam to which she was affiliated. Very unfortunate situation.

Erik.Lazdins
01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I agree the sentence is on the checking scam.

Barry Bonds is headed there too I would expect - It won't be for the steroids but rather the lying while under oath.

Avispa
01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey, back to our own sport... I say, expect some fireworks out of Italy this year:

From Cycling News:

Contador and Valverde called to testify

Alberto Contador and Alejandro Valverde are among the 50 riders who will be called to testify before the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) about their possible involvement with Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport. The CONI prosecutor's office has already received the dossier on Operación Puerto from the Spanish Guardia Civil, and has announced it will call about 50 cyclists to testify, as well as the five principal actors: Fuentes, his sister Yolanda, Manolo Saiz, Merino Batres and Alberto Leon. The questioning is expected to take place in early February.

The new Italian anti-doping law allows actions against non-citizens, but the sanctions could only affect their actions in Italy. For example, riders could be prohibited from entering such races as the Giro d'Italia or Milano-Sanremo, or the 2008 World Championships in Varese. It could even affect the Tour de France, which this year has a stage finish in Patonevoso, Italy.

..A..

rwsaunders
01-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Lying to the Feds put Martha Stewart away too. Not too many financial issues with her and prison as she was and is a billionaire. I don't think that Marion can even coach High School track now, and she's probably broke.

Karin Kirk
01-11-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't think that Marion can even coach High School track now, and she's probably broke.

Don't worry - she'll get picked up by Rock Racing soon.

jmewkill
01-11-2008, 03:13 PM
She lives near me for the most part.

I've never met her but some of friends have - one is a contractor who is still waiting on payment for work done in 2000. The others were at the track doing their thing, MJ shows up and uses her bodyguard to try and intimidate everyone out of there. Didn't work. She's not my hero.

Blue Jays
01-11-2008, 03:35 PM
She has a bodyguard? Who would even recognize her running around a track, except that she would be the fastest human there?

Bud_E
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Long ago ( pre-tendonitis days ) I used to go jogging on the UCLA track and I would see Evelyn Ashford doing intervals around the same track. Honestly when she went by me it was like watching a gazelle - just awesome. For the record she didn't have any bodyguards and seemed like a truly nice person . ( Sorry for the thread drift ).

cadence90
01-11-2008, 08:57 PM
.... ..

ti_boi
01-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Cutest jailbird/track star ever?

DarrenCT
01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
she is going to pose nude for playboy....

e-RICHIE
01-11-2008, 09:34 PM
that would send me to the stonewall atmo.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/68/Gay_flag.svg/777px-Gay_flag.svg.png

ti_boi
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM

Gawd bless Hugh Hefner and his helpful checkbook.................... :beer:

DarrenCT
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
all this talk is making me want to visit scores in nyc

http://www.scoresny.com/

ti_boi
01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
all this talk is making me want to visit scores in nyc

http://www.scoresny.com/

That actually sounds therapeutic..................

DarrenCT
01-11-2008, 09:40 PM
That actually sounds therapeutic..................

just dont bring the credit card :crap:

ti_boi
01-11-2008, 09:41 PM
OK..............but.......................this whole thread has me thinking 'Prison Films........and yes, I own this DVD.

BumbleBeeDave
01-11-2008, 09:43 PM
. . . how good she would have been if she had simply substituted a little more dedication for the juicing and did it without the drugs. She was undeniably a very talented athlete even without the juice.

And BTW, I hope if she's going to pose for Playboy she gets some rest first. In the pictures on the AP wire today from her sentencing, she looked like she hadn't slept in a week.

I don't feel sorry for her. I do feel sorry for her kids. They will be without her now and some day they will have to learn all about this whole sorry affair and listen to her try to explain why . . . :(

BBD

RIHans
01-12-2008, 12:43 AM
She was (is) a gifted sprinter. She was a knock-me-out 100 meter dash champ, super fast, go call ya' mamma. Gifted.

Six months...Easy time maybe. Time off for being good.

Was great before PE drugs. So sad.