PDA

View Full Version : Trek Madone 5.9?

Gerard_CSI
08-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Just wondering if any Serotta owners out there have had the opportunity to test ride the Madone, and what were your thoughts?? I'm not looking for opinions about the trek name (cookie cutter, etc.), just looking for some real ride comparisons, etc.
Thanks!! :)

Todd Owen
08-09-2004, 02:23 PM
I have not ridden one myself but one of the dudes who is a serotta fitter and owns several steel serottas had one comment .....it is a stiff ride. I understand that trek is also coming out with a couple of other versions of the madone which may be less stiff. I think they look very cool and very light but again have heard good things ...but stiff....

OldDog
08-09-2004, 03:15 PM
For what it's worth, my buddy has one and I had a chance to take a spin for about 20 miles. (the local dealer can't get enough of them, they fly out the door like Krispy Kreams when the lights on.) I ride a 53, this was a 55 (?). I lowered the seat and reached for the bars. It's light and yes, stiff. My racing has been limited to doing the bike portion of some triathlon teams (and "citizen" races back in the young'n days). I once had a Trek 2300 with aluminum fork/stays/carbon triangle. That bike was fast but your butt was 'burger in no time. The 5900 was only slightly smoother, but way lighter. It's a racing bike meant to go uphill fast.