PDA

View Full Version : LBS for Road Bike Rental in Carlsbad, CA??

mgm777
01-11-2008, 08:04 AM
I am travelling to SD next week for business and will be staying in Carlsbad. I will have some free time and want to experience riding w/o layers. Do any of you San Diego or North County riders have any LBS suggestions for Road bike rentals in the Carlsbad area?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Dan Le foot
01-11-2008, 09:15 AM
I am travelling to SD next week for business and will be staying in Carlsbad. I will have some free time and want to experience riding w/o layers. Do any of you San Diego or North County riders have any LBS suggestions for Road bike rentals in the Carlsbad area?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Nitro in Encinitas rents roadbikes, Michael.
Also the Ken Robb bike rentals in LaJolla. But he only has larger bikes. (60cm or so) Rates are cheap I think.
Dan

Lanternrouge
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Nytro in Encinitas (next town south of Carlsbad) rents Cervelo Soloists in addition to some tri bikes and maybe some other road bikes. I'm pretty sure they will swap out stems on the rentals to get you the right length. They have daily and weekly rates. If you have a thing for wheels, you may want to bring your own drool bib when going into the shop since most of the inventory of the high end wheels they carry is hanging from the ceiling.

sspielman
01-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I rented one of the Cervelos for a week this past September. I brought my pedals and saddle and they swapped a stem while we got the thing setup.....It worked out rather well.....

Ken Robb
01-11-2008, 10:59 AM
California Bicycles is a dandy shop in La Jolla and I hear that they are now renting nice road bikes so that might be worth a call too. What size do you ride?

mgm777
01-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Thank you Dan, LaternRouge, and Ken. I'll give Nitro a call and see what they have available. Ken, unfortunately, I ride a 55. Thanks again for the good input.

Michael

Dan Le foot
01-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Your welcome, Michael.
Its going to be in the low to mid 70s all week. But if you ride in the morning it will be 50 or so.
I would bring an undershirt, vest and arm warmers.
Have fun.
Dan