PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss it...

Bruce K
08-09-2004, 06:41 AM
I've been away for the few days participating in the Pan-Mass Challenge riding with 4000 others to raise money for cancer research through the Jimmy Fund and Dana Farber Cancer Institute here in Boston.

I met many Serotta owners, some old, some new, and was surprised at how many were unaware of the Forum and other activities like the Open House. Suffice it to say that I am hopeful we will see many new "monikers" here on the board and new faces at the next Open House.

If I missed a discussion on this next topic I apologize in advance.

I see on Velo News that George Hincapie has resigned for 3 years with Discovery. I was surprised that it didn't seem to get mentioned here. I think this is a rather strong statement by one who should know as to the strength and direction of USPS/Discovery for the forseeable future.

Has anyone seen/heard what is happening with Floyd Landis?

BK

bostondrunk
08-09-2004, 06:59 AM
I'm not suprised about Hincapie. He'll probably get a little more support for the races this year given the emphasis/requirements on the pro tour. I'm sure he's paid well, and he's good buddies with Lance. I'm guessing riders on USPS get treated pretty damn good in general.