http://www.floridacycling.com/Calendars/Racing.asp
starts now
cheers

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM
http://www.floridacycling.com/Calendars/Racing.asp
starts now
cheers

We have a very full winter/spring. I'm feeling a bit overwelmed about all the races I want to do.

JG

Fixed
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
bro if you hang close to orlando there is still a lot imho
cheers

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 10:39 AM
bro if you hang close to orlando there is still a lot imho
cheers

That is the plan. If I can get just a bit faster there will be tons of points to upgrade. I think the only overnight I'll do is Gainesville and Tallahassee.

I'm working on my team doing a cross race in the fall if the series comes together again.

JG

Bill Bove
01-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I will probably have to limit myself to laps around the exercise yard this year, I don't think the judge will buy my justifiable homicide defense.

To anybody thinking of opening your own bikeshop: you are nuts. The customers are going put me in an asylum today.

Fixed
01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
bro go for a lunch ride it makes things better most of the time imho
cheers

Bill Bove
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
No can do Fixeroo, today is my partners day off so I'm alone here. Had a guy this morning bring in a 20 year old, 8sp Dura ace bike for a "tune up" he wants me to open his hubs, headset and BB and repack them, wrap the bars, new 8sp cassette and chain, cables all around, tires and tubes AND, AND install the Mavic computer he bought on ebay. and he wants it back by closing so he can ride in the morning. And of course a buck and a half is an awful lot of money for this. I told him I'd wrap the bars and put the computer on for him by 6 but he'd have to leave it for a day or two for the OVERHAUL. He wants me to try real hard to do it all for him today. I guess all the work on the schedule isn't important. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

You are my only hope for sanity.

ericspin
01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Bill this has to be a labor of love for you. I once saw a guy bring a wheelbarrow tire into a pretty reputable shop in my area for a flat repair. Thanks for keeping the light on for the rest of us guys that really appreciate the service you guys provide.

Geoff
01-09-2008, 12:22 PM
the webster race was a lot of fun last year will prob do that again and Tally teh rest will be by family athorization only but I hope to get in a few more around Otown.

Keith A
01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
So who's coming to our TT? Here's the link (http://www.floridacycling.com/Calendars/EventDetails.asp?EventID=1239) to the race.

Grant McLean
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
No can do Fixeroo, today is my partners day off so I'm alone here. Had a guy this morning bring in a 20 year old, 8sp Dura ace bike for a "tune up" he wants me to open his hubs, headset and BB and repack them, wrap the bars, new 8sp cassette and chain, cables all around, tires and tubes AND, AND install the Mavic computer he bought on ebay. and he wants it back by closing so he can ride in the morning. And of course a buck and a half is an awful lot of money for this. I told him I'd wrap the bars and put the computer on for him by 6 but he'd have to leave it for a day or two for the OVERHAUL. He wants me to try real hard to do it all for him today. I guess all the work on the schedule isn't important. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

No wonder i haven't seen that guy in a while,
he's moved to Florida !

:banana:

-g

Bill Bove
01-09-2008, 12:48 PM
No wonder i haven't seen that guy in a while,
he's moved to Florida !

:banana:

-g
Oh great, he's going to try to pay in looneys :crap:

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM
So who's coming to our TT? Here's the link (http://www.floridacycling.com/Calendars/EventDetails.asp?EventID=1239) to the race.

I'll be there.

btw...why are you guys having the race in our back yard?

JG

Fixed
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM
bill tell that cat to come back next friday afternoon he's gettin a deal at a buck fifty for all that imho
cheers

Keith A
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
btw...why are you guys having the race in our back yard?
So you won't have to drive that far :D I'm not sure if I will be doing the race or not, but will certainly be there "working". Hopefully we can connect that day so I can put another Serotta name and face together.

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
So you won't have to drive that far :D I'm not sure if I will be doing the race or not, but will certainly be there "working". Hopefully we can connect that day so I can put another Serotta name and face together.

We'll do that. I'm sure there will be more than a few of us from Colavita FL there.

You should come do our Tuesday night TT series this year. It's the most fun you can have for $10 atmo.

JG

Ligero
01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Do they not do the Dade City crit anymore? That was one of my favorite races.

Bill Bove
01-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Nice wheels.

I'm too fat for most of them though.

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 05:32 PM

They do. I like that race too. It feels like pinball.

JG

Fixed
01-09-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.floridacycling.com/Calendars/EventDetails.asp?EventID=1238

they use to have a 1 2 3 twilight in z hills on sat night before dade city
http://www.floridacycling.com/Calendars/EventDetails.asp?EventID=1238
cheers i crashed out there on the back side and broke a brand new cadd 5 one year

Redturbo
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Is the Jacksonville NRC race on this year? Couldn't find it on the NRC calendar.

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Is the Jacksonville NRC race on this year? Couldn't find it on the NRC calendar.

I don't think so. The builder who sponsored last year has backed out and the NRC calender has been trimmed as well.

JG

t. swartz
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
deer park tt's looking real good right about now.

J.Greene
01-09-2008, 06:12 PM
deer park tt's looking real good right about now.

you guys on the coast should really do our tuesday night tt series this year.

JG

Keith A
01-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Nice article in our local paper about our Team's upcoming race. Here's the link (http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080127/SPORTS05/801270324/1022). BTW, I will not be racing this weekend and most likely won't even be able to attend this event due to the fact that I'll be going under the knife this Thursday :(

J.Greene
01-28-2008, 08:39 AM
BTW, I will not be racing this weekend and most likely won't even be able to attend this event due to the fact that I'll be going under the knife this Thursday :(

I hope it's all OK.

Too bad you won't make it. There will be some fast guys there. Dave Viney, who is as old as moses goes about 29mph. Hard to believe something so fossilized can go that fast.

JG

Keith A
01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
I hope it's all OK.Thanks. It's not too bad. I've been dealing with some chronic sinusitis and finally decided to have it taken care (hopefully).

t. swartz
01-28-2008, 10:03 AM
good article keith-fla today's always been generous to us with lots of ink and column inches...since my last post been eating levaquin 750's and lortabs like m&m's for my sinusitis/pinched nerve. saturday's definitely looking like a "fill the cooler with fine belgian beer and make some friends" kinda day...see you'all there :beer:

J.Greene
01-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Don't forget tomorrow is round one of the Olando TT series. You space coast guys can easily get over as the TT is literally yards from the 528.

JG

RABikes2
01-28-2008, 10:31 AM

You are my only hope for sanity.
Keep him down there, Bill! :crap:

Please note on the race calendar the Tallahassee race dates were changed from the original dates first posted. The calendar has them correct now. Race weekend is April 5/6. The Atomic Race Team is going to have a great weekend for you. Be sure to get your reservations soon as the Red Hills Triathlon is held here also April 5.

The weekend promises to be a fun time for the entire family. The races will be part of a new downtown bike festival which will include a century ride Saturday and a century on Sunday, fun things for the kids, and with all types of great activities planned for every type of bicyclist. Some of the crits will be under the night lights of downtown where you can have a beer and food at an outside restaurant and watch the racers fly by! A link to the bike festival will be posted as soon as it is available.

Let me know if you're coming to town. Maybe we can have a mini-Florida Serotta gathering during your stay. Be sure to stop by Sunshine Cycles to say "hey"! Look forward to meeting some of you!

RA
http://bikesunshine.net

J.Greene
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Let me know if you're coming to town. Maybe we can have a mini-Florida Serotta gathering during your stay. Be sure to stop by Sunshine Cycles to say "hey"! Look forward to meeting some of you!

RA
http://bikesunshine.net

I'll be there. One of the weekend I'm really targeting this year. Where will the TT and RR be this year?

JG

RABikes2
01-28-2008, 11:02 AM
I'll be there. One of the weekend I'm really targeting this year. Where will the TT and RR be this year?

JG
Here's the Overview from the race calendar:

This year’s Atomic Race Weekend will feature a criteriums in downtown Tallahassee. The Men’s 1-2 and the Women’s 1-3 races will be evening events. Sunday’s road race will return to Gadsden County, but will feature a new, longer, 21-mile course and a start/finish in historic Quincy. The Atomic Race Weekend is part of the 1^st Annual Big Bend Cycling Festival, which also includes new TOSRV routes and a multitude of cycling related activities and entertainment.

I'm sure (forum member) ss-jimbo (Jim Smart - contact information available on the race calendar) would be happy to answer any specific race questions you might have regarding the course or races themselves.

I live in Havana, which is the next town over from Quincy. Havana is a great place for spouses or SO to spend a few hours (while you're racing Sunday) browsing if they're into antiques, art, or small outdoor cafe's.

See you in April!
RA