PDA

View Full Version : guess where?

stevep
01-08-2008, 12:20 PM
beautiful day.
turnout should be spectacular.

still wonder if this is the way to pick a president...but i guess it is.

roman meal was asleep at the border when i rode my bike up to exeter.

on the way back he saw me and threw a non deposit can at me.
( its the nh way )

shinomaster
01-08-2008, 12:21 PM
New England?

William
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM
beautiful day.
turnout should be spectacular.

still wonder if this is the way to pick a president...but i guess it is.

roman meal was asleep at the border when i rode my bike up to exeter.

on the way back he saw me and threw a non deposit can at me.
( its the nh way )

And you just pass the love on to me huh? From NH to William's mailbox...with love! XOXOX :bike:

William ;)

davids
01-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Shouldn't those Phillips Exeter guys be supporting Mitt?

...which reminds me of an acquaintance of mine, a fellow parent at my daughter's old school. He's treasurer for McCain's campaign in MA. And probably happier than he's been in a while.

I gotta admit, this stuff is fun to watch.

bostondrunk
01-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Aw shucks....after looking at those photos, all I can really think about those people is:
"Get a life"

Alexi
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
uhhh I miss my summers in Exeter...

Fixed
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
bro i don't have anything against this cat but is mit .r .a little light in the loafers ?
cheers :beer:

stevep
01-08-2008, 01:23 PM
bro i don't have anything against this cat but is mit .r .a little light in the loafers ?

maybe yes, maybe no.
depends on who he's talking to.

davids
01-08-2008, 01:39 PM
cheers :beer:I'll just say he's not my favorite politician, and leave it at that.

roman meal
01-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Ron Paul's people paid me in beer to watch the border with MA today. I was supposed to keep folks like you out of here.

Let's ride after the election. It's winter break.

I already voted for you, and for the rest of the nation, while I was at it. No need to worry.

SpeedyChix
01-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Most excellent mtb riding real close to there (Fort Rock). Road riding fine too. Good eats to be had nearby. Missed not taking a vaca back that way this year. Exeter, NH. Sure a mess with all those election signs cluttering up the view ;)

rwsaunders
01-08-2008, 09:42 PM

I thought that he was Mormon?

BumbleBeeDave
01-08-2008, 09:54 PM
. . . is because of increased demand from all that Vaseline he puts on his hair!

BBD

jerk
01-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I thought that he was Mormon?
there was probably a time when a morman with only one wife and only twelve kids was probably gay.

nice ronald reagan hair-cut too.

jerk

ti_boi
01-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Shouldn't those Phillips Exeter guys be supporting Mitt?

...which reminds me of an acquaintance of mine, a fellow parent at my daughter's old school. He's treasurer for McCain's campaign in MA. And probably happier than he's been in a while.

I gotta admit, this stuff is fun to watch.

Agreed! It's a race now.....gets interesting to see the emotion and the back and forth.... :argue:

Ray
01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Agreed! It's a race now.....gets interesting to see the emotion and the back and forth.... :argue:
No *****. How wrong can how many polls be? I have to admit, I bought a lot of the hype over the past few days. REWIND. Its a race now. Probably a long slog on both sides. Which is ultimately a good thing, but can cause heartburn if you have a horse in the race.

-Ray

thwart
01-09-2008, 05:51 AM
I like BO (somehow I think we need to throw a middle initial in there... :rolleyes: ) but this "setback" may be just as well. "Inevitability" this early into things may bite you in the butt later...

Hillary won big among registered Dems, Obama came out ahead among independents.

And... she played the sex card.

She had to, or it was over.

Ray
01-09-2008, 06:44 AM
I like BO (somehow I think we need to throw a middle initial in there... :rolleyes: ) but this "setback" may be just as well. "Inevitability" this early into things may bite you in the butt later...

Hillary won big among registered Dems, Obama came out ahead among independents.

And... she played the sex card.

She had to, or it was over.
I actually like Hilary and wouldn't have a problem voting for her BUT...

I know a surprising number of people who like Obama but would NEVER vote for Hilary so I worry about HER electability. And she's so polarizing I just don't see her being able to build a coalition to govern effectively if she does get elected. On top of which, as much as I liked Billy Boy as president, I'm not sure I'm up for another four or eight years of the guy in the news all the time. The dude's a walking talking psychodrama and sort of exhausting to have around.

So I prefer Obama, but I guess we're gonna have to wait and see. I just hope it doesn't get as nasty as I think it might.

-Ray

Fixed
01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
b.c. may have something wrong with him he didn't look healthy to me
i got home last night my wife says clinton attacked obama for gettin an easy ride .. i said b.c. was sticking up for his wife thats all ...lets see obama easy ride ... i don't think he has ever had it easy imho cheers

Ray
01-09-2008, 07:14 AM
b.c. may have something wrong with him he didn't look healthy to me
i got home last night my wife says clinton attacked obama for gettin an easy ride .. i said b.c. was sticking up for his wife thats all ...lets see obama easy ride ... i don't think he has ever had it easy imho cheers
I think he took the Iowa loss and the anticipated crushing defeat in New Hampshire a lot tougher than his wife. He REALLY wants back in. He was pretty unhinged in some of his speeches over the last couple of days. Nasty as hell. Just a reminder of how much I DON'T want him back in that prominent a spot on the national stage.

And no, NOBODY gets an easy ride to where these people are hanging out. The mere physical, mental, and emotional stamina requirements would kill most of us. I couldn't even imagine. Let alone the damage that must be behind the level of DRIVE needed to get there. Anyone who actually wants it should probably be disqualified.

-Ray

roman meal
01-09-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm not originally from NH, but I call it home now. I think that a state that has 1/5 of the population of Maryland is certainly not wholly representative, but from my seat up here the voters, for the most part, seem to take this very seriously, and they are very independent minded. Many arguments can be made for/ against this primary schedule, but one of the most interesting things about politics is that you really can't predict outcomes, especially in NH. Neat thing to see that the state, in part, has provided an actual race for everyone else to decide this time.

Fixed
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
look like the obama wave went flat a little ... someone asked me about him i said he seems like jfk and mlk jr rolled into one ... then i thought jfk war hero ..mlk jr. war hero ... maybe he has a little catching up to do to wear those shoes ..but i like seeimg the kids into picking our president
new blood new life ...maybe
imho cheers

MarleyMon
01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Fixed - G H W Bush, real war hero, lost to RR, movie war hero & BC.
Kerry, Gore served overseas, W - not.
Military (war) service is no predictor of electoral victory
The higher the turnout the better I feel about the results.

Fixed
01-09-2008, 01:07 PM
The higher the turnout the better I feel about the results.

me too... cheers

sg8357
01-09-2008, 01:15 PM
On top of which, as much as I liked Billy Boy as president, I'm not sure I'm up for another four or eight years of the guy in the news all the time. The dude's a walking talking psychodrama and sort of exhausting to have around..

-Ray

Hillary should dump Bill and marry Sarkozy, Bill can have Bruni.
I bet Bill would go for it. The United States of France has a nice ring to it.

Scott G.
Hey, it worked for the Hapsburgs.

Ray
01-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Hillary should dump Bill and marry Sarkozy, Bill can have Bruni.
I bet Bill would go for it. The United States of France has a nice ring to it.

Scott G.
Hey, it worked for the Hapsburgs.
Better yet, send Bill to France and bring Bruni over here. Four or eight years of her as first lady to Hilary would be a lot more appetizing than all of that time with Bill on the tube. As long as we're breaking barriers in this election, lets go all out!

-Ray