PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Wheel Building Facility

theprep
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Check out cyclingnews.com for photos and article of the Shimano Wheel Building Facility in Malaysia.

There is a "special" Dura Ace door that brings you the area where only the best builders get to go.

Side note - I received the new CC catalog yesterday and the new Dura Ace 24 mm Carbon Clinchers are $2600 clams. Whoo nelly!

Fixed
01-08-2008, 10:49 AM
Malaysiaian gold
imho one pot hole
and it's up in smoke
cheers

J.Greene
01-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Malaysiaian gold
imho one pot hole
and it's up in smoke
cheers

We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

JG

CNY rider
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Check out cyclingnews.com for photos and article of the Shimano Wheel Building Facility in Malaysia.

There is a "special" Dura Ace door that brings you the area where only the best builders get to go.

Side note - I received the new CC catalog yesterday and the new Dura Ace 24 mm Carbon Clinchers are $2600 clams. Whoo nelly!

Yep, I got the new CC yesterday too and the thing that caught my eye was the incredible price increase on Shimano wheels.

Are these things really going to sell?

sg8357
01-08-2008, 12:18 PM
My wheel building facility is much better, I have C-span2 and Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda.
I even have a ShelBroCo wheel stress reliever, bet Shimano doesn't have one of those.

Scott G.
Where winter is wheel building season.

Fixed
01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
We're on the train to Bangkok
Aboard the Thailand Express
We'll hit the stops along the way
We only stop for the best

JG
Wreathed in smoke in Lebanon
We burn the midnight oil
The fragrance of Afghanistan
Rewards a long day's toil Pulling into Katmandu
Smoke rings fill the air
Perfumed by a Nepal night
The Express gets you there
ah rush bro
cheers

LegendRider
01-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think I would have guessed that my old DA wheels might have been built by a Muslim woman...

Dave B
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
never mind.

Dave B
01-09-2008, 01:37 PM

They priced them wrong.

I called yesterday and CC says that the $1299 is for the set not the single per/wheel price.

fyi

wasfast
01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Side topic, anyone know where to buy one of those cast truing stands?

theprep
01-09-2008, 01:38 PM
They priced them wrong.

I called yesterday and CC says that the $1299 is for the set not the single per/wheel price.

fyi

That makes more sense.

Dave B
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
That makes more sense.

They had advertised a full Red build kit with those wheels, stem, saddle, tires you knwo how they do.

for $2602.

So I called and well they made a boo boo