PDA

View Full Version : Serotta clothing

dsimon
01-07-2008, 05:39 AM
hello was wondering if anyone had bought the New Acesa Merino Wool Full Zip Sweater by Ibex and if they like it;also if you have one can you were it off the bike as well? if so would you mind taking a couple of snap shots with it thanks :beer:

Velociotis
01-07-2008, 05:47 AM
I don't but friends own 'em. They are good for casual apres bike wear. It seems to be a contoured fit, not baggy. I do own Ibex stuff and its all great. Hope this is helpful.

dsimon
01-07-2008, 06:40 AM
yea it helps but really want to know if i can use it on and off the bike because i cant tell my wife im spending 150 dollars on a jacket im only going to wear on a bike :crap:

stevep
01-07-2008, 07:12 AM
yea it helps but really want to know if i can use it on and off the bike because i cant tell my wife im spending 150 dollars on a jacket im only going to wear on a bike :crap:

csi,
you need to develop the vague answer to questions like this,,,
" of course i can wear it all the time, even while not biking... i would never spend that much cash on dedicated cycling clothing..."

then wear it out a time or 2 and you are home free.
i recommend that you go for it.

Karin Kirk
01-07-2008, 09:08 AM
csi,
you need to develop the vague answer to questions like this,,,
" of course i can wear it all the time, even while not biking... i would never spend that much cash on dedicated cycling clothing..."

then wear it out a time or 2 and you are home free.
i recommend that you go for it.

stevep: the world's most well-rounded cycling coach.
nice advice!

Pete Serotta
01-07-2008, 01:45 PM

I wear mine on and off the bike BUT then I have never been known as a "fashion Statement".

PETE

stevep
01-07-2008, 02:04 PM
stevep: the world's most well-rounded cycling coach.
nice advice!

i have 2 daughters and a wife.
my life is spent in small victories like this.
i lose* more than i win.

* this would not be apparent when visiting my basement.

dsimon
01-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks Steve Im leaning more and more toward getting it and thanks serotta_pete i also don't have any fashion since just as dave thompson :bike:

Johny
01-07-2008, 02:13 PM
hello was wondering if anyone had bought the New Acesa Merino Wool Full Zip Sweater by Ibex and if they like it;also if you have one can you were it off the bike as well? if so would you mind taking a couple of snap shots with it thanks :beer:

I have all sorts of Ibex clothing. This one is probably identical to Shak Full Zip (I've owned one for few years...very nice)
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/ProductDetail.php?GID=804&VID=8989&Product=Shak-Full-Zip

Ibex never says you can wear it on the bike but they suggest you to wear it everyday. :D

dave thompson
01-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks Steve Im leaning more and more toward getting it and thanks serotta_pete i also don't have any fashion since just as dave thompson :bike:
Dimitri you old rapscallion! How're you doing in exile...err...I mean Georgia?

1centaur
01-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I wear mine off the bike only. Love it.

It is slimming, in that Diana Rigg kind of way (ancient reference; let's see how many get it).

Smiley
01-07-2008, 06:32 PM
+1
Never thought of wearing such a nice jacket on the bike.

KeithS
01-07-2008, 09:35 PM
I think I am having impure thoughts.

BillyBear
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I think I am having impure thoughts.

...How "Avengerous" of you!!

3chordwonder
01-08-2008, 03:53 AM
No love for Purdey? Or am I showing myself as a young 'un with that reference... -OK, I can live with that.

93legendti
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
There are several items in this class:

Ibex Shak Full Zip
Smartwool Synergy Full Zip
Smartwool Routt Full Zip
Icebreaker Raven Full Zip

The choice may come down to whether you like a chest pocket or 2 hand warmer pockets.

FMS_rider
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Since the new Serotta clothing is being discussed I would like to comment on the merino wool socks by Castelli --they are wonderfully comfortable and gorgeous.

Lew

smudgecycles
01-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I second (or third) the guess that it's a Shak full zip. I'm wearing my Shak now as I do most every day. Ibex is the bees knees and IMO far superior to smartwool.