PDA

View Full Version : Time pedal questions

Alan
01-06-2008, 05:17 PM
I am a Time user. Recently I bought a new set of RXS plastic pedals and part of the front snapped off the first time I rode them as I put some pressure in the wrong spot. I figured that I would put some old steel Impacts on as they won't break. I have new style cleats and my understanding is that the new cleats w the old pedals. Well mine didn't. The left was fine but the right cleat pulled out of the pedal quite easily. I guess this means that the pedals are somehow worn out or the old pedals work best w old cleats.

Onto the next step. Has anyone had problems with the RXS plastic pedals breaking? I need to buy a new set and I have had good luck with the RXS carbon pedals but all of the web sites say the plastic pedals are just as good.

Any other experiences good or bad?

Thanks,

Alan

chrisroph
01-06-2008, 05:36 PM
steve p can help. i use impacts with impact cleats and don't like the new stuff.

Karin Kirk
01-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Yep, mine broke in the same place. I sent it back for warranty and got a new one. No problems since, I think they are a fine pedal.

swoop
01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
i've never had a problem... and i abuse em.

Big Dan
01-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I still use Equipes......

:p

stevep
01-06-2008, 06:43 PM
time pedals. ( i sell time stuff )
the new cleats should work fine w/ the impacts.

i have seen a few of the rxs pedals break as described... a few.
the rxs carbons have more carbon in the composite and i have seen almost none break except in crashes.
i would get the carbons.

why the new cleat releases from the old pedal i cant say.
crank up the tension.
but certainly its a bad idea to use something like this that isnt right.

you know when it will release... at the worst possible time.

ps. the cleats are asymetrical so be sure to look at the icon on the bottom and put the one with the q-factor that you may desire. also note the rectangular washer on the cleat front is scribed to line up w/ angle markings on the cleat...allows very easy adjustment and simple adjustment.