PDA

View Full Version : OT value of old japanese robot toys?

jimcav
01-06-2008, 11:53 AM
when i was a kid inthe early 70s, my dad did business trips with the army and always brought me back some cool toys. I have these old toys still with packaging: ark mech gorilla, arkron red king, arkron black king, and gomolo. i was not actually allowed to play much with them because they are heavy diecast metal, they all shoot things, and my mom was afraid my little brother would get hurt or choke on the missiles.
I also have a mechanical godzilla, but that was my favorite so am keeping it.
not one of these things is on ebay so i wondered if anyone here knows old toy values?
thanks
jim

pbel
01-06-2008, 12:40 PM
If you have the boxes, these could be a small fortune. A few years ago i dug up a Mattel shogun warrior that I had as a kid just like the one in the pictures. The toy was used and the box was a bit beat up, and I put it on ebay hoping to get $20. Within a few days it was up to $60, and it eventually sold for about $80.

I'm sure there is an "official" site somewhere which lists prices, but there is a big market for vintage die-cast toys.

http://www.geocities.com/tfrework/shogun/mazinga.jpg

avalonracing
01-06-2008, 01:59 PM
It all depends. Some old tin toys can be worth thousands.

shinomaster
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Post some pix. I have a friend who collects them. $$$

jimcav
01-06-2008, 06:09 PM
i had those shogun guys too! i think i kept my favorite one too. i was very nice on toys--my brother ont he other hand tended to smash his up. the other thing we ahd were dozens of diecast corgi toys from the early 70's. we gave them to my nephew in the mid- 80's and he destroyed them. now that i have kids i wish i'd kept them. they were so detailed.
jim

jimcav
01-06-2008, 06:44 PM
here are quick pics as i had some on a shelf and the rest in the store room, so easy to snap a quick pic.
the gorilla is missing a foot/shin, but i still have the missiles and plane he shoots. in addition, i do have 3-4 corgis--some with the boxes, i also have a never used disney tin wind up toy of the nautilus and seawolf submarines--i remember we got them as kids and when we opened them decided they were too big and hard for the bathtub (well, my mom decided).
the mr xerox is a battery operated toy, that is in great shape, although it has been at least 3 years since i put batteries in him to see if he walked and lit up.

thanks for any advice on value
jim