PDA

View Full Version : How did bike jerseys get to be so dorky?

eddief
08-06-2004, 08:21 PM
Just an opinion. But I just watched Andre Agassi win a tennis match. He was wearing this very subtle black shirt with one square of white on one sleeve. I know black is not necessarily a good summer biking color but I'm talking about subtle design. Where in the heck did the style of totally garish come from for biking clothes? Plain stuff is available, but emphasis seems to be on loud and boisterous.

e-RICHIE
08-06-2004, 08:52 PM
it was that mondrian dude.
he ruined everything.
e-RICHIE

ps

:banana: :banana: :banana:

arrange disorder

BumbleBeeDave
08-06-2004, 09:10 PM
. . . kit is made to be seen and sponsors logos visible, so anything goes as long as it gets attention. Much other cycle clothing is made to be just plain visible to traffic such as Prozacced soccer moms gabbling on their cell phones.

But some kit is indeed subtle and stylish . . . That Richard Sachs cycling team, for instance . . . (Do I get my discount now, e-richie? ;) )

BBDave

e-RICHIE
08-06-2004, 09:15 PM
BBD-issimo...
ah, where does the time go???

http://tinyurl.com/6xjd2

e-RICHIE

ps

:confused: :confused: :confused:
:cool: :cool: :cool:
:p :p :p

arrange disorder

Bill Bove
08-06-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey e-RICHIE! What have you heard of Bill Guazzo? I've lost contact with him since emigrating to Florida.

e-RICHIE
08-06-2004, 09:25 PM
he's in chester, massachsetts.
still riding. dabbles in vintage stuff.
i might see him sunday at larz anderson*
e-RICHIE

*played flute w tull

ps

:D :D :D

arrange disorder

eddief
08-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Some of those examples are nice. I like the baseball one and the one with the big stripes on one side. Still a bit too much advertising, but quite tasteful as bike wear goes.

Bill Bove
08-06-2004, 09:35 PM
I got a private tour of the Larz from a women I was "friendly" with a long time ago, it's a cool place. At the time the bikes were not on public display, they were kept in an attic store room that was "private" :D

I rented a room from Bill when he lived in Framingham, MA, it was a bad time for me and he had some good words. Does he still own Precious? If you see him tell him I said hey, I own a bike shop in Florida that may someday rival Middle Earth Sports.

froze
08-07-2004, 01:27 AM
Your not kidding a lot of cycling jerseys are garish. I hate wearing, thus I don't, someones advertising UNLESS they want to PAY ME to wear their ugly jersey's, after all, am I not advertising for them?

Needs Help
08-07-2004, 01:54 AM

William
08-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Your not kidding a lot of cycling jerseys are garish.

True, but they do make you a lot more visible to motoists. I would never wear the Tour replicas or anything like that, but when I'm on the road, I like a LOUD jersey to better my chances of being noticed. It's the only time in my life that I don't mind dressing up like a clown....well, maybe not quite that far... :no: :no: :no:

William (The golfing wanna-be)