PDA

View Full Version : anybody know where you can purchase anodized steerer spacers

Smiley
01-01-2004, 08:37 PM
I am fed up with those carbon looking types. Silver and black also don't float the Captain's boat. Many thanks for the link.

M_A_Martin
01-01-2004, 09:02 PM
No, I've never dealt with these people, no I don't know them...

But you can even get your very own name engraved on the spacer...

http://www.seastrom-mfg.com/purelycustom/bicycles-SpacersPersonalized.aspx

Gee Smiley, I can see you offering this as an extra service to your customers, not only do they get a custom bike, they get their NAME ENGRAVED on the headset spacer! Wow...

Magenta, I can see you now, get the front of the Hors painted Magenta and you'll be all set with those personalized magenta spacers!

SBash
01-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Smiley

I know Chris King makes some nice ones in many different colors. A little on the expensive side but worth it just like his headsets.

SB

dnovo
01-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Just went to the King site, but couldn't find any. (I was also interested in locating a source.) Am I looking in the wrong place? Do you know where they are on the site, or are they special order? Dave N.

Kevin
01-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Mary Ann,

I want to thank you for the Seastrom site. I have never seen anything like it. I am going to have a lot of fun with personalized spacers and headset covers. Thanks again.

Kevin

IFRider
01-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by dnovo
Just went to the King site, but couldn't find any. (I was also interested in locating a source.) Am I looking in the wrong place? Do you know where they are on the site, or are they special order? Dave N.

If you call King directly, they have a bunch of stuff that is not on the web site. Including spacers in multiple sizes in any color they make. The king spacers are nicer finish than the Wheels Manufacturing spacers most shops sell. Plus for the colored ones, the match is dead on. Also, my local shop beat the piss out of the top nut on my King Two Nut headset and king sold me replacement parts.

woolly
01-02-2004, 11:28 AM
King - good suggestion, but right now may not be the best time to get special requests processed from them. See here: http://www.chrisking.com/company/comp_relocation.html.