PDA

View Full Version : Andreu

flux
01-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Interesting article. (http://velonews.com/news/fea/13864.0.html) yet painfully vague.

Wonder why?

:argue:

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
. . . is it vague? Speaking as a manager myself, I can sympathize with what he says. If I had an opening on my staff and my boss hired somebody behind my back without even mentioning it to me, I'd be very concerned (translation: p*ssed beyond belief). Not just because he might have hired somebody who I have to supervise and work with. But also because it makes a very public, very direct, and very unavoidable statement about his lack of faith in my judgment. It's a pretty direct insult. Sounds like Frankie took it the same way and voted with his feet. If I'd had done to me what Frankie seems to have had done to him by Ball, then I'm not at all sure I could speak about it publicly in as restrained a way as Frankie seems to be doing.

BBD

swoop
01-03-2008, 09:14 PM
that team is a mess right now!

flux
01-03-2008, 09:16 PM
speak about it publicly in as restrained a way as Frankie seems to be doing.

BBD

Yes that's my point. He seems very restrained.

KJMUNC
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
"Rock Racing does a lot of things that are different from anyone else. They have their own agenda and they have their own goals and they have their own way of setting out to achieve those goals. I'm not entirely comfortable with the way they are hoping to do that."

Sounds like he's inferring that Ball is willing to win at any cost, including hiring very high profile convicted and rumored dopers.

Frankie's gotta be diplomatic....he still wants another DS role and investors/owners don't want a hot-head tattletale for a DS. Good for him from walking away from a train wreck waiting to happen.

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
He does seem to be coming across as that. I'm sure he has a few more choice words he could say about Mr. B if he weren't on the record.

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm sure he has a few more choice words he could say about Mr. B if he weren't on the record.

BBD
he'd go totally jane a on his ball's atmo -
For what do we live, but to make sport for our
neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn?

swoop
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
there's some soap opera stuff... that usa cycling should be looking into. that's all i can say.

flux
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
there's some soap opera stuff... that usa cycling should be looking into. that's all i can say.

WWLanceD?

Catch my drift?

USA Cycling wont' do anything.

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 09:29 PM
hey pal the soap opera can take an about face
to the various overlapping fields debacle that
occurred at the 'cross natzmo atmo. as soon as
usa cycling is ready, we matter more imho.

swoop
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
WWLanceD?

Catch my drift?

USA Cycling wont' do anything.
you're right... they already dropped the ball on the rider/dealer because it would cost too much to pursue.

right?

i respect frankie. i hope someone hires him that can use him and let him stay in the us...

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
you're right... they already dropped the ball on the dealer because it would cost too much to pursue.

right?
train right atmo.

flux
01-03-2008, 09:31 PM
train right atmo.

live strong imho.

swoop
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
training in weather wins tours because no one else rides if there's weather.

cleavel
01-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Hi,

My sister knows of Michael Ball from the fashion industry and let's just say she doesn't have a lot to say about him from that perspective either.

flux
01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
training in weather wins tours because no one else rides if there's weather.

72 and sunny here in Nashua, NH. :cool:

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 09:40 PM
does andreu know anything about 'cross atmo?
hmmm

swoop
01-03-2008, 09:44 PM
hold it.. james leaves the forum (i'm sad).... maybe he's going to rock... and frankie's coming here?

swoop
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
hey unrelated... i guess epo can cause cancer tumors...
sad.

soulspinner
01-04-2008, 04:47 AM
New stage to the race-through death valley....

BumbleBeeDave
01-04-2008, 06:40 AM
"Rock Racing does a lot of things that are different from anyone else. They have their own agenda and they have their own goals and they have their own way of setting out to achieve those goals. I'm not entirely comfortable with the way they are hoping to do that."

Sounds like he's inferring that Ball is willing to win at any cost, including hiring very high profile convicted and rumored dopers.

Frankie's gotta be diplomatic....he still wants another DS role and investors/owners don't want a hot-head tattletale for a DS. Good for him from walking away from a train wreck waiting to happen.

Granted, I don't know the guy--never even saw him in person. But from all I've read and seen third hand, he seems to be a class guy in a sport that has a real class gap right now. I also hope for the best for him.

BBD

johnnymossville
01-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Seems like a really classy move to me. Some of the things said by "Mr" Ball in public just shouldn't have been said. I think Frankie's reputation just went up a bit, and he'll land on his feet somewhere much better soon.

e-RICHIE
01-04-2008, 08:34 AM
are you the guy over at the watch forum atmo?

johnnymossville
01-04-2008, 08:37 AM
All that time I had no idea you were "THE" Richie. LOL

Steelhead
01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Michael Ball seems to be the Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys owner) of Pro Cycling.

SWorks4me
01-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Maybe Ball made a move on Frankie's wife- atmo

although i agree with Frankie's fundamental decision to walk...he needs to mind his p's and q's. He already has a bit of a "tail" with Toyota and the whole Lance deal... just sayin.

Steelhead
01-04-2008, 08:49 AM
I wonder if Frankie and J. Vaughters get along... Slipstream might have a spot for him. He mentions starting his own team -- I wonder where he would find the pockets deep enough to back him on that?

J.Greene
01-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I wonder if Frankie and J. Vaughters get along... Slipstream might have a spot for him. He mentions starting his own team -- I wonder where he would find the pockets deep enough to back him on that?

If Frankie would have just played the role he was asked he would be raking in the bucks as a "bond trader" for Weisel.

JG

LegendRider
01-04-2008, 08:57 AM

Of course they do - they send IMs to each other!

dbrk
01-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Andreu's polite disdain and absence of acrimony provide all the contrast we need to appreciate the juxtaposition he means to make between himself and Mr Ball. My good friend Dr Cotcamp used to mention that Frankie would show up at local races in Michigan, ride with the group, win when he wanted to, and comport himself like a gentleman. Sounds like he was the perfect non-fit for Rock Racing's self-image.

dbrk

SWorks4me
01-04-2008, 09:02 AM
, ride with the group, win when he wanted to, and comport himself like a gentleman. Sounds like he was the perfect non-fit for Rock Racing's self-image.

dbrk

Sounds like the perfect EPO usage cover up -atmo

Chris
01-04-2008, 09:03 AM
Frankie is a class guy. Douglas hit the nail on the head. All he has to do to shine the light on the whole situation is behave in a civil manner. If you have ever read any of Ball's statements (i.e. those made about Horner) after something hasn't worked out in his favor, then you get a clear enough picture of the guy and the way he operates. I've been around Frankie a few times, both competitively and socially. I don't claim to know him, but when I have interacted with him, he has been nothing but class. I've been around some of his former teammates who were nothing but ***...

paczki
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Michael Ball seems to be the Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys owner) of Pro Cycling.

He'll have to win to be the Jerry Jones. So far the Mark Cuban, at best.

sspielman
01-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Andreu's polite disdain and absence of acrimony provide all the contrast we need to appreciate the juxtaposition he means to make between himself and Mr Ball. My good friend Dr Cotcamp used to mention that Frankie would show up at local races in Michigan, ride with the group, win when he wanted to, and comport himself like a gentleman. Sounds like he was the perfect non-fit for Rock Racing's self-image.

dbrk

It always amazes me-when disputes arise- how often one party or the other is given a chance at occupying the high road.......and how infrequently the party takes the opportunity......Frankie seems to have taken the opportunity.

SWorks4me
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Class guy - atmo (http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/10851.0.html)

swoop
01-04-2008, 09:11 AM

sean tucker is mike ball lite.

owners that think they're former pros and are delusional enough to want to hire a ds and then try and out ds them makes being a ds in america a really horrible gig.

Big Dan
01-04-2008, 09:22 AM

Met the guy . I take him over Lance.

:)

Chris
01-04-2008, 09:25 AM

Nothing in that article changes my opinion of Frankie. So he got caught up in the dark side of sports. Then he had the balls (or the need, I don't know) to come clean. We all make mistakes. We don't all own up to them.

e-RICHIE
01-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Nothing in that article changes my opinion of Frankie. So he got caught up in the dark side of sports. Then he had the balls (or the need, I don't know) to come clean. We all make mistakes. We don't all own up to them.
believe, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0) huh atmo -

SWorks4me
01-04-2008, 09:58 AM
believe, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DxtxQQLkJ0) huh atmo -

I believe in the RGM mafia- atmo!

97CSI
01-05-2008, 04:10 PM
He'll have to win to be the Jerry Jones. So far the Mark Cuban, at best.Last I heard, both pro teams (hockey isn't really 'pro') from Dallas are doing well. Cuban's team for longer than Jones'.

As stated previously, as bad as Ball appears to be, at least he is supporting a team, and, Frankie has a 'history'. Maybe FA has learned something over the past 2-3 years.

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2008, 05:06 PM
. . . Frankie has a 'history'. Maybe FA has learned something over the past 2-3 years.

The insurance lawsuit hoo-ha with Lance? FA's admission that he doped? His parting of the ways with Toyota-United? Or all of those? :confused:

BBD

Big Dan
01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah he should have stayed quiet.
Keep the dream alive........

:eek:

stevep
01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
hes got 2 kids ( i thk), all he knows is cycling.
hes trying to do what he knows how to do and make a living.

let the guy alone. he took this gig cause it was offered, he found out it was not what he agreed to or expected and he bailed. he hasnt blabbed a millio stories to the press... he just moved on.
something like that happens to many people every day. its just not in the news.

he has to overcome some backroom stuff from a former team leader who is surely not there to help him out.
he's on his own.
wish him the best.

flux
01-05-2008, 05:48 PM
wish him the best.

I think he will find another position as a DS during this upcoming season. Just a guess.

e-RICHIE
01-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I think he will find another position as a DS during this upcoming season. Just a guess.how does he look in blackmo atmo?

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2008, 06:02 PM
hes got 2 kids ( i thk), all he knows is cycling.
hes trying to do what he knows how to do and make a living.

let the guy alone. he took this gig cause it was offered, he found out it was not what he agreed to or expected and he bailed. he hasnt blabbed a millio stories to the press... he just moved on.
something like that happens to many people every day. its just not in the news.

he has to overcome some backroom stuff from a former team leader who is surely not there to help him out.
he's on his own.
wish him the best.

He deserves the best, from what I've seen and read.

BBD

swoop
01-05-2008, 06:26 PM
he just walked away from 100k salary. you don't know the whole story... more will come out over time.

you can't race d-1 in europe in that era and on that team and not have either doped, experimented, come to jesus, or spent hundreds of thousands on a program. you don't send people to hell and critique them for smelling like a bbq when they get home... especially if the connect the dots on their own in front of you.

i hear that frankie's wife would leave him if he were around dope again. there's theoretically some news rumoured to be coming from rock.. which is a predominantly clean team. it just takes on bad egg deal... (yes i am speaking in code)...

ball is a sensitive guy... and i don't mean that he quotes rilke-sensitive... i mean that you look at him the wrong way and it affects him and its personal and he has resources and passions. i know this because i looked at him the wrong way...
he's nice enough, passionate enough... but the fashion industry requires some g gordon liddy like balls and makes the bike industry look like fluffy time.

i know plenty of folks that have worked in close proximity to frankie and they all hold him in the highest regard. even the sougniers (sic) on toyota united loved him... and when someone like sue sonje likes you.. it means you gotta be a saintly dude.

97CSI
01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
... but the fashion industry requires some g gordon liddy like balls and makes the bike industry look like fluffy time.Yes, indeed. Do that again and I'll scratch your eyes out (cat-fight). Bunch of really tough "guys" (Versace, Lauren, Hilfiger, etc.). :D

swoop
01-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Yes, indeed. Do that again and I'll scratch your eyes out (cat-fight). Bunch of really tough "guys" (Versace, Lauren, Hilfiger, etc.). :D

from what i've seen.. its one of the toughest industries to be in. psycho gone wild stuff.

manet
01-05-2008, 06:43 PM
underwire bras leave marks

J.Greene
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
underwire bras leave marks

I thought that was her nails atmo.

JG

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
. . . but the fashion industry requires some g gordon liddy like balls and makes the bike industry look like fluffy time.

. . . hanging off this costume?

BBD

stevep
01-05-2008, 08:51 PM
. . . hanging off this costume?

BBD

dave,
isn't that yr outfit?

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2008, 09:06 PM
dave,
isn't that yr outfit?

I did design the helmet. But I would never wear any entire ensemble that outrageous in public! Not ONE zebra stripe on the whole d@mn thing! :rolleyes:

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-05-2008, 09:10 PM
I did design the helmet.

BBD
what is your favorite helmet shape atmo?

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm almost certain that these three are going to be the hot new trends in helmet shape over the coming year. I'd suggest you get your order in early!

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm almost certain that these three are going to be the hot new trends in helmet shape over the coming year. I'd suggest you get your order in early!

BBD
here's my new fav atmo.
maybe tt will have it at the ramble -

http://www.bicycle-coach.com/images/cycling_coach_josh.gif

BumbleBeeDave
01-05-2008, 09:53 PM
here's my new fav atmo.
maybe tt will have it at the ramble -

http://www.bicycle-coach.com/images/cycling_coach_josh.gif

Way too ugly!

But the jersey gets my, uh, "stamp" of approval!

BBD

Too Tall
01-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Way too ugly!

But the jersey gets my, uh, "stamp" of approval!

BBD

You calling my hat foppish or what?
Anywho, that's actually a left handed Tefillin case.
What's that you ask? HoldyourGoggle pal.
http://www.jjudaica.com/left-hand-tefillin-case-p-521.html

BumbleBeeDave
01-06-2008, 08:25 AM
. . . those cases to a helmet?

Anyway, I thought we were talking about Andreau . . . sorry about the thread drift!

BBD