PDA

View Full Version : bumblebee dave appreciation thread!

jerk
01-03-2008, 04:10 PM
bbd and i are not pals but him and I have been part of this same dysfunctional, amusing and educating lunch table-esque community and this place would suck if he wasnt here. personally he knows just how to get my goat and inspire me to come out fightin'....beyond that he is:

the only other dude on this forum who can pull off white bibshorts.

a freaking awesome photographer. I truly wish I was half as good at my vocation as he is at his.

probably the most loyal friend our host, and the producers of the best race bikes in this country, serotta has anywhere....on line or in real life.

re: the forum he treats it with a respect i cant, and i love that about him. his is a real compassion towards each and every on-line persona here. while some of us myself imcluded and most egregiously exhibit a certain "fake" or exagerated front here; he doesnt. he's the same guy in real life too as evidenced by his participation and organization of so many "real life" forum events.

dave and I almost never see eye to eye on anything, but if he wasnt here there'd be little to keep this place from becoming just another boring forum full of like minded anonymous douchebags. he's part of an "us" I'm psyched to be part of too.

jerk

William
01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
:beer:

I've met and hung with BBD a few times. He....is.

William

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 04:17 PM
he's part of an "us" I'm psyched to be part of too.
us is all of us atmo even the farthest rider from provo and the lunchtable.

davids
01-03-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm feeling a bit like I've gone through the looking glass, but I'm more than willing to get behind this obtuse sentiment - Long live BBD!

...and my wife keeps telling me how good I'd look in white bibshorts.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31W05V955VL._AA280_.jpg

So, mmmmaybe.

thwart
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
From a newcomer's perspective, and never having met either of you, that is a classy thing to do.

Now tell me how to get my kids to do the same thing.

Please.

Len J
01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
OK...what have you done with jerk? :rolleyes:

Nice post..........and I agree.

len

sspielman
01-03-2008, 04:35 PM
One of he greatest things about BBD is that he HAS to be the best sport on he forum....I admire his ability to hold a different opinion than someone and be able to seperate he difference from the person......Nominate him for the good dude award.....

hansolo758
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
From a newcomer's perspective, and never having met either of you, that is a classy thing to do.

Now tell me how to get my kids to do the same thing.

Please.

How do I do the same thing?

Nice move. I think honor has been satisfied.

julia
01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
cheers, jerk, for this thoughtful post

and cheers to bbd

hope to see you again at the next ramble

David Kirk
Nicely done sir.

Dave

Ahneida Ride
It's B squared D :p :) :rolleyes: :beer: ;) :D :banana:

Too Tall
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I'll never forget the look of horror on your face after the second flat tyre..."HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME"?????

I'll fix your flat tyre Earl, don't get your cotton pickin' fingers all covered in 'Earl. hehe. Anytime Dave, anytime.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Johny
01-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Maybe someone should start a thread, titled "Duo of the Year: Jerk and BBD". Sounds very sexy, doesn't it?

Cheers!

Erik.Lazdins
01-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey Dave!

Thanks!

Stop by next time in Tulsa :beer: :beer:

Wayne77
01-03-2008, 05:18 PM
us is all of us atmo even the farthest rider from provo and the lunchtable.

Didn't know the two were related. That throws a whole new light on the lunchtable. Since I'm geographically closer to bizarro-world than anyone else here means I get a free ticket to the top of the list right??? Suuweeet!!

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Didn't know the two were related. That throws a whole new light on the lunchtable. Since I'm geographically closer to bizarro-world than anyone else here means I get a free ticket to the top of the list right??? Suuweeet!!

lugs or lugless atmo?

93legendti
01-03-2008, 05:24 PM
You guys both rock.

Every picture of BBD I have seen has him sporting an ear to ear smile. That says a lot.

Wayne77
01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
lugs or lugless atmo?

lugs of course!

1centaur
Opened this thread and thought I was at the Iowa caucuses. It's real cold here in Mass today, but I didn't know Satan was looking for Sidi Toasters.

Pete Serotta
Dave is a Man of all seasons....>BB DAVE!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

He has a heart of gold (or is that honey)

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
who's in atmo?
http://davesclub.blogspot.com/

FMS_rider
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
...his is a real compassion towards each and every on-line persona here. Bravo! Dave has gone out of his way to make me feel welcome here despite my new membership and mastery of the stupid post.
Lew

roman meal
01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
The lion of flanders lays with the lamb

rwsaunders
01-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Bumble Bee Dave and Clark Kent, both cub reporters for large major metropolitan newspapers. Have you also noticed that Bumble Bee Dave and Mario Cipollini have never been seen together? Hmmmmmmm. :cool:

shinomaster
01-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Jerk does this mean you feel the same way about me too?

jerk
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Jerk does this mean you feel the same way about me too?

only if you'll buy me copious amounts of alchohol if and when i make it to the nambla bike show.

jerk

jmewkill
01-03-2008, 06:46 PM
only if you'll buy me copious amounts of alchohol if and when i make it to the nambla bike show.

jerk

ya big mooch

shinomaster
01-03-2008, 06:48 PM

jerk

Don't confuse NAHMBS with MANBLA!!!!! Yikes...Only then will I buy you a beer..

Kevan
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
that I warn you folk. He's a houseplant killer.

There...I said it.

BBD, you're welcome back anytime. We've gone plastic and silk.

csm
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I think it is actually nambla...

jerk
01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Don't confuse NAHMBS with NAMBLA!!!!! ..

i thought don ferris was a little old to be buying me and jmewkiller drinks....i must have been at the wrong show.

jerk

shinomaster
01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
It's both, and both are MP!

PBWrench
01-03-2008, 06:58 PM

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 07:46 PM
bbd and i are not pals but him and I have been part of this same dysfunctional, amusing and educating lunch table-esque community and this place would suck if he wasnt here. personally he knows just how to get my goat and inspire me to come out fightin'....beyond that he is:

the only other dude on this forum who can pull off white bibshorts.

a freaking awesome photographer. I truly wish I was half as good at my vocation as he is at his.

probably the most loyal friend our host, and the producers of the best race bikes in this country, serotta has anywhere....on line or in real life.

re: the forum he treats it with a respect i cant, and i love that about him. his is a real compassion towards each and every on-line persona here. while some of us myself imcluded and most egregiously exhibit a certain "fake" or exagerated front here; he doesnt. he's the same guy in real life too as evidenced by his participation and organization of so many "real life" forum events.

dave and I almost never see eye to eye on anything, but if he wasnt here there'd be little to keep this place from becoming just another boring forum full of like minded anonymous douchebags. he's part of an "us" I'm psyched to be part of too.

jerk

Marry me. Now. You can wear the metal pants . . . . . . on alternate days.

BBD

e-RICHIE
01-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Marry me. Now. You can wear the metal pants . . . . . . on alternate days.

BBD
dave -
if the house caught fire, would you save obtuse
or the i phone? i justs gots to know atmo...

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 07:53 PM
dave -
if the house caught fire, would you save obtuse
or the i phone? i justs gots to know atmo...

Save Jerk. Then I can force him to work at Dunkin' Donuts to pay for another iPhone.

BBD

dbrk
01-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Dave...come Ramble this summer...but bring spares for Avispa! ;-)
Youda'man.

dbrk

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Youda'man.

dbrk

. . . I'm not sure I have enough spare room in my car to fit that many spares.

BBD

pjm
01-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Man crush :banana:

Fixed
01-03-2008, 08:07 PM
jerk= bro
b.b.d. = bro
imho cheers

Jeff Weir
01-03-2008, 08:20 PM
I think I'm going to cry.

Hugs to everyone, except Kevan.

shinomaster
01-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Youda'man.

dbrk

When is the ramble?

Bruce K
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
When commenting on our pal BBDave, it's MISTER 7K if you please.

What I love most about Dave is that what you see is what you get.

But I also keep hearing that old Todd Rundgren song.... ;) :D

BK

manet
01-03-2008, 08:41 PM
man'ginas

Moosedryvr
01-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow! This forum has come a long way baby...

I'm with the Jerk on this one, plus anyone who can consistently, not just once, pull off the full Cippo zebra thing is OK in my book.

BBD, you are one of the personalities that makes this place great (along with Jerk, fixed, atmo, dbrk and the Doof amongst others). Thanks to all of you for a making this a forum such a great place to waste significant amounts of time at!

Shawn G

PS - I think the only downer about moving to Belgium this summer is the fact that it will make my attendance at this year's Ramble very doubtful. I'll get over it (with the blessed assistance of the Peres Trappistes), but I will be very bummed to miss out again...

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 08:46 PM
. .. I think I'll buy you all presents.

BBD

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 08:56 PM
. . . Zebra Devil Duckies for EVERYONE!

BBD

Louis
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I sure hope all this feel-good stuff doesn't last too long, because if it does this is going to be a pretty boring place. ;)

Louis

BumbleBeeDave
01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
. . . my fifteen minutes of fame isn't quite over yet!

BBD

Ginger
01-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Laaa Laaaaa LAAAA

That was the fat lady singing Dave. You are above all, a good sport.

:)

slowgoing
01-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Note to BBD: don't wear metallic pants until the jerk's hormone levels stabilize.

Blue Jays
01-04-2008, 12:52 AM
BumbleBeeDave seems like a very nice person!

onekgguy
01-04-2008, 01:01 AM
BBD rocks and rolls!

hip hip hurray...
hip hip hurray...
hip hip hurray!

Kevin g

Avispa
01-04-2008, 01:15 AM
I've met and hung with BBD a few times...
Oh no! Not with that guy.... What could possibly bee so nice about him? :D

Just kidding... That insect and I are now almost cousins!!!

A big CHEERS for the BBD! :beer:

..A.. (avispa = wasp in Spanish).

PS
And yeah, please read my signature...

Avispa
01-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Youda'man.

Hey, Hey!

Let's not get personal now... Or I will show up to the Ramble with no pants and a high wheeler! :D :D

..A..

PS
BBDave, no spares for me and I ain't going to the Ramble! So start shipping them to DBRK's

PPS
But remember, I still think Ginger had something to do with my flats... Ginger... yeah!

William
01-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Bumble Bee Dave and Clark Kent, both cub reporters for large major metropolitan newspapers. Have you also noticed that Bumble Bee Dave and Mario Cipollini have never been seen together? Hmmmmmmm. :cool:

Man, it goes much deeper then that. Believe me, I have....had...must...had to get rid of the proof. Sorry, I....can't say any....more. SPOCK!!! AaaahhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry, I digress. He's a wild man!

http://blog.veyronsupercharge.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/spock-bad-biker-dude.jpg

William ;)

Sandy
01-04-2008, 05:21 AM
We all know that his bike, name, and cycling attire are unique. That in itself makes Dave somewhat unique and special, but that is the superficial aspect of who Dave is. Dave is special because he has a special courage in which he always remains steadfast in his convictions no matter the situation or what people may think or say. It is not an arrogance given in a condescending manner but a genuiness always based on strong core beliefs and personal experiences. The beliefs are always given in a direct, no nonsense,often emotional, take it or leave it, this is how I feel manner. Clarity and preciseness in his articulation of those beliefs dear to him. The direct communication sometimes makes him vulnerable to what others say here, but that never changes what he truly believes in. Dave is willing to change his position by a well thought out and articulated response to a position he takes. But it better make sense to him.

So how are Dave's strong perceptions and beliefs given- with friendship, helpfulness, humility, and amazing sincerity. Add to that his genuine love and concern for his daughter, and you have someone that I personally admire and appreciate as much as anyone who frequents this place. Truly so.

Courage with your convictions, direct open and precise communication, friendly and helpful manner, and humility all in one wonderful package with a uniquely fresh personality. That is why I appreciate the bee hive dweller. There isn't another BBDave in the world, I am sure.....

Foerever Friend Sandy

RABikes2
01-04-2008, 06:52 AM
There isn't another BBDave in the world, I am sure.....
+1
There is only one Dave ... and he's our Dave! :D
RA

Sandy
01-04-2008, 06:55 AM
+1
There is only one Dave ... and he's our Dave! :D
RA

I'm getting scared now thinking about the possibiity of two of BBDaves. :) :)

Identical Twin Sandy

Kevan
01-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I think I'm going to cry.

Hugs to everyone, except Kevan.

I didn't have any money in my pockets.

Sandy
01-04-2008, 07:11 AM
I didn't have any money in my pockets.

So just where do you keep my photos- just in your heart?? :)

Sandy

manet
01-04-2008, 07:32 AM
ron pauls ghey text message to me last nite declared he would not allow any taxes to care for the bumblejerk love child.

Sandy
01-04-2008, 07:35 AM
ron pauls ghey text message to me last nite declared he would not allow any taxes to care for the bumblejerk love child.

children- spread all around the world :)

Tom
01-04-2008, 07:41 AM
Apparently you took a sharp blow to the old noggin, eh?

I have to tell you, riding with BBD is excellent training: you always stay in front just so you aren't forced to look at his rear in stripey pants.

The horror, the horror.

But seriously, respect all around. Cool thread to open this morning.

Hardlyrob
01-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Here's to BBDave AND the Jerk!

It's the interesting characters like you that keep this place real. Your opinions and positions may differ from mine, but they domake me think.

Cheers! :beer:

Rob

MarleyMon
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
BBD - sure , I read your posts, and love your photos, but I'm still waiting for your limerick (http://serotta.com/forum/showpost.php?p=413295&postcount=45).