PDA

View Full Version : Flux is the new Fstrthnu. Discuss.

flux
01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Friends,

Just so you all know Fstrthnu is out and Flux is in. Flux is the same Pro Cyclist who enjoys riding, racing on and reviewing (and selling) top-notch cycling equipment. Flux also enjoys giving friendly advice to those who ask and will candidly give the odd race report when he is not too tired.

So Justin ( ;) ) case you cared or were confused. I am me.

Flux

rwsaunders
01-02-2008, 08:05 PM
You need a symbol like Prince. :cool:

merckx
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Cool. Ride on, bro.

manet
01-02-2008, 08:07 PM
i am not 'your friend'.

wheres juan

chrisroph
01-02-2008, 08:08 PM
that atom heart mother stuff is da bomb

e-RICHIE
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
caption:

i miss my uncle justin atmo -

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2082/2160665912_568eec5c81_b.jpg

justinf
01-02-2008, 08:18 PM
People asked me if I were you in recent days. . . I'm afraid I may have disparaged your reputation prior to setting the record straight. Fstrthnu, I'm not.

stevep
01-02-2008, 08:19 PM
flux was afraid to come on the 1/1 ride,
fstrnu would have made it.
an old man hadda sit on the front and control the show...
needed a youthful blockhead.

flux is a baby.
fluxs new team bike has not arrived methinks.

e-RICHIE
01-02-2008, 08:21 PM

flux is a baby.
caption:

hey pooch don't be dissing my hero atmo -

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2309/1863926175_b4c74da450_b.jpg

SPOKE
01-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Friends,

Just so you all know Fstrthnu is out and Flux is in. Flux is the same Pro Cyclist who enjoys riding, racing on and reviewing (and selling) top-notch cycling equipment. Flux also enjoys giving friendly advice to those who ask and will candidly give the odd race report when he is not too tired.

So Justin ( ;) ) case you cared or were confused. I am me.

Flux

is this anything like "Back To The Future"?????

Karin Kirk
01-02-2008, 08:25 PM

e-RICHIE
01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
no wait for you atmo.

DarrenCT
01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
no wait for you atmo.

fyi, if u order anything from richie, he includes twizzlers

i ate up mine in record time

note: goes good with beer

stevep
01-02-2008, 08:30 PM
caption:

hey pooch don't be dissing my hero atmo -

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2309/1863926175_b4c74da450_b.jpg

this is love for me.
ask my wife.

my legs are killing me.
hadda work the whole ride.
justins fault.
usually we pop some underfed pro at the front and sing danny boy the whole ride...

" hey justin the guy who got a flat caught back on 1/2 hour ago, can you pick it up some.."

lights 'em up..worth the pain inflicted next.

flux
01-02-2008, 08:31 PM

flux is a baby.

Flux was up at 7am so he could get 4 hours in before the blizzard hit.

Geez Steve... next year don't let it snow on New Year's, that was uncalled for.

Grant McLean
01-02-2008, 08:37 PM
beer straw

Viper
01-02-2008, 08:38 PM

Flux on flux, atmo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0w2xTexfAg

Karin Kirk
01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
no wait for you atmo.
sweet dreams...

e-RICHIE
01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
sweet dreams...
it's already done and on the way to jb's atmo...

Viper
01-02-2008, 08:51 PM
sweet dreams...

One of the best voices atmo, I sang some Orbison aloud in TN, ask Handsomerob :cool: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YoBKW3uhL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrb9CdQzboE

ergott
01-02-2008, 08:53 PM

That's soft. If I'm riding in the morning, It's a 5am wake up call for me and I know of earlier, but I'm not that nuts. It's dark and cold enough as it is at that hour.

flux
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
That's soft. If I'm riding in the morning, It's a 5am wake up call for me and I know of earlier, but I'm not that nuts. It's dark and cold enough as it is at that hour.

7am on New Years Day is not soft.

:beer:

shinomaster
01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Flux=Personal Jesus?

ergott
01-02-2008, 09:01 PM

I'm too old for New Years to be a big deal. Next day is bigger for me.

roman meal
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM

Word. The sun doesn't rise here in NH until 10, and it sets at 2. The only thing Roman was doing at 5-7 AM New Years was coughing up a phlegm ball the size of Spencer.

Karin Kirk
01-02-2008, 09:05 PM
it's already done and on the way to jb's atmo...
Does that mean I have to take up 'cross now?

Viper
01-02-2008, 09:05 PM

Temple Mountain in NH FTW, great coffee and soda in Peterborough too.

Does Flux ride Temple?

stevep
01-02-2008, 09:06 PM
j,
what wheels will kelly use this season?
curious.
clincher? tubular?
tires?

gimme some info.
who are team sponsors? parts?

flux
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Temple Mountain in NH FTW, great coffee and soda in Peterborough too.

Does Flux ride Temple?

Flux OWNS Temple.

Viper
01-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Flux OWNS Temple.

I will see Flux this Spring. Viper digs Amherst, Temple and etc often atmo. Viper hates the Red Sox, but Viper digs the Celtics.

J.Greene
01-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Does that mean I have to take up 'cross now?

Black would look good on you.

JG

flux
01-02-2008, 09:14 PM
j,
what wheels will kelly use this season?
curious.
clincher? tubular?
tires?

gimme some info.
who are team sponsors? parts?

We will be running the Aeolus 5.5 and 6.5's again but this year we will be on Kenda Tubular's not Michelin Clinchers. This may not be as awful as it sounds as I hear the tires we will be running will be of a very high quality Tubular made at some factory in Italy. I am sure they will be great.

Lemond Bikes. Bontrager wheels and components. Speedplay Pedals (no more Time). SRAM Force. TTX Time Trial Bikes with Hed Tri-Spoke and Disc's. Spiuk Shoes, Helmets Glasses, Clothing by Borah, Defeet.

And a ton of other little knick knacks like Cytomax, That fancy long underwear body suit stuff, Timberland Casual Clothing.... SO MUCH STUFF.

But.

The coolest thing for me:

I get a Lemond "Tete de Course" with SRAM Red and most likely fitted with a pair of XXX Lights. Bajidali, Bowman and Myself get these special rigs for the mountain stages in the important races, i.e. Tour of California, Georgia...

flux
01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I will see Flux this Spring. Viper digs Amherst, Temple and etc often atmo. Viper hates the Red Sox, but Viper digs the Celtics.

Viper and Flux can be friends. Flux likes Viper. Viper is OK.

DarrenCT
01-02-2008, 09:18 PM
We will be running the Aeolus 5.5 and 6.5's again but this year we will be on Kenda Tubular's not Michelin Clinchers. This may not be as awful as it sounds as I hear the tires we will be running will be of a very high quality Tubular made at some factory in Italy. I am sure they will be great.

Lemond Bikes. Bontrager wheels and components. Speedplay Pedals (no more Time). SRAM Force. TTX Time Trial Bikes with Hed Tri-Spoke and Disc's. Spiuk Shoes, Helmets Glasses, Clothing by Borah, Defeet.

And a ton of other little knick knacks like Cytomax, That fancy long underwear body suit stuff, Timberland Casual Clothing.... SO MUCH STUFF.

But.

The coolest thing for me:

I get a Lemond "Tete de Course" with SRAM Red and most likely fitted with a pair of XXX Lights. Bajidali, Bowman and Myself get these special rigs for the mountain stages in the important races, i.e. Tour of California, Georgia...

nice bro

i heard good things about that tete de course

Louis
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Black would look good on you.

This is a hanging curve that I might as will knock out of the park. (I just hope it doesn't get me into trouble with DK.)

Based on what I've seen anything would look good on her...

e-RICHIE
01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
This is a hanging curve that I might as will knock out of the park. (I just hope it doesn't get me into trouble with DK.)

mebbe we don't live in two different worlds after all atmo.

Viper
01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Viper and Flux can be friends. Flux likes Viper. Viper is OK.

Viper nearly died on Temple. If not for the gel pack gifts of a local, he would have died. It was bad, but good and fun. I never carried gel packs, now I don't leave home without AMEX and gel packs. I repaid the favor to the local, soda at the Peterborough Diner (where I had a photo-op for my future 2020 Presidential run). New Hampshire is cool. You can wait at the top of the mountains and we can race down them (I will break 50mph all day long, without bricks in my saddle bag atmo). :D

At the foot of Temple, there is a coffee joint, next to a Kawasaki dealer and a local bottled water place as well. Meet you at that coffee spot, forget the name though.

Edit: Monadnock water and it's in Wilton atmo?

flux
01-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Edit: Monadnock water and it's in Wilton atmo?

You got it. 25 cents will get you a gallon's worth of water out of the self service machines. Best deal in town.

jerk
01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
You got it. 25 cents will get you a gallon's worth of water out of the self service machines. Best deal in town.

stevep told me a better deal was living in a state with potable water that comes right out of the faucet. you coming down tomorrow or what? come see the new house and the new mutt.

jerk

PBWrench
01-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Very svelte.

swoop
01-02-2008, 10:36 PM
hey, i know this is unrelated... but have you guys shopped at sveltecycles?
i love that place.. i don't know why i just thought of it.
http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/sveltecycles/StoreFront

if i ever get brunk-level brakes i'm getting them there.

jeffg
01-02-2008, 10:45 PM

Her? What about flux? I like that dude ...

Louis
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
:no:

Jeff, I think that is going a bit too far.

Climb01742
01-03-2008, 04:57 AM

justin, what did you wear on your feet to keep them toasty enough to do 4 hours on tuesday??? i did 75 minutes or so, and my tootsies were numb. inquiring extremities want to know. gracie.

jerk
01-03-2008, 06:28 AM
justin, what did you wear on your feet to keep them toasty enough to do 4 hours on tuesday??? i did 75 minutes or so, and my tootsies were numb. inquiring extremities want to know. gracie.

climb- not to answer for flux, but probably wool socks, plastic bags, shoes, overshoes and another pair of booties.

everyone who uses them raves about the sidi toasters; heated insoles with a wireless little remote..might want to give'em a shot.

flux
01-03-2008, 06:28 AM

Thick wool socks, Neoprene booties. Toe warmers placed between the outside of the shoes toe box and the neoprene bootie. Was never cold.

sspielman
01-03-2008, 06:38 AM
They aren't listed on the website....but does this Justin hepcat carry those slutty dolls like in the other thread?...I'm thinking of ordering a complete set to see if I am a prude.....

flux
01-03-2008, 06:57 AM
They aren't listed on the website....but does this Justin hepcat carry those slutty dolls like in the other thread?...I'm thinking of ordering a complete set to see if I am a prude.....

Justin stocks them. Justin says to go to the Lightweight Obermayer listing under the "Road" section on the www.sveltecycles.com website. Justin says to click "add to cart". Justin says to then submit all required info on "Checkout" and click "Submit Order". Justin says he will put a doll in the box for you free of charge. Justin is very generous.

Bruce K
01-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Justin is a good guy to deal with.

Quick and reliable service.

I even got e-mails from his PDA when he was training in the jungles of some foreign country confirming my order and the ship date. :D

But that would make me wonder what kind of doll you would get. Would the pins be included?

BK

oldguy00
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM
climb- not to answer for flux, but probably wool socks, plastic bags, shoes, overshoes and another pair of booties.

everyone who uses them raves about the sidi toasters; heated insoles with a wireless little remote..might want to give'em a shot.

Will the sidi toasters work/fit inside any typical road shoe, like a shimano r215?
How do they compare to hotronics?

TimD
01-03-2008, 08:32 AM

J.: Talk to Dave U. about them, I think he was less than impressed, including with Sidi customer support.

jerk
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
J.: Talk to Dave U. about them, I think he was less than impressed, including with Sidi customer support.

has uchenik ever been impressed by anything? I mean, there was the Russian prostitute we met at noir, but other than that?