PDA

View Full Version : Pegoretti Luigiano.

pale scotsman
08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Any opinions on the Luigino? I seem to remember dnovo and dbrk have one. Heck dave may have 2 if my noggin serves me well. So.... how does this frameset compare to the offerings from Mr. Kirk, e-richie and others? Is the paint and workmanship as good? BTW that double plate fork crown has a serious slobber factor for the pale one.

Thanks!

Smiley
08-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Pale Man , Dave N and dbrk are like Noah , they got two of everything. My humble opinion is stick with american as Pegoretti maybe too high brow for the great crimson state. By the way how's Bama going to fair this year in football , been too long since the Bear roamed them woods .

amg
08-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Pale,

Have you seen these photos of the Luigino? Go to page three...

http://www.cyclesdeoro.com/Interbike/2003/Interbike-03_main.htm

Smiley, Pegoretti too high-brow for Alabama? C'mon, it's just a bike! :)

Antonio :beer:

pale scotsman
08-03-2004, 07:14 PM
By the way how's Bama going to fair this year in football , been too long since the Bear roamed them woods .

Looks like it's going to be another building block year with Coach Shula. I'm not expecting much but then again I'm not from here. The state school rivalries are intense and fun as I bet bulliedawg can concur. You've gotta see it to believe it.

As for the Pegoretti being too highbrow I think a little injected culture ain't gonna hurt down here. I've converted 2 neighbors to road cycling and they love it. If you could only see the miles and miles of decent roads, year round cycling weather, and friendly people.

Amg, thanks for the pic links! Didn't realize those were out there.

:beer: :) :beer:

amg
08-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Pale,

I got just about every Pegoretti link covered! Now all I need is an actual Pegoretti! :)

Here's another one with some shots of the 2001 Luigino at the Milano bicycle show. Take a look...

http://community.webshots.com/album/23030428SpZxESfcEV

Antonio :beer:

Johny
08-03-2004, 09:38 PM
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=ZOOM_VIEW&DOCUMENT.ID=444

I believe this one is dnovo's.

Roy E. Munson
08-04-2004, 06:46 AM
There is one hanging from the rafters at International Bikes in Boston. I'm not a fan of steel, but this thing is a real piece of work!

dbrk
08-04-2004, 07:31 AM
I had an "original" Luigino, one of the blue ones. But I bought mine too small!! 57 instead of a 60. I have another on order and word has it that it has been built or mostly built. It should have a few requested details but there has been no word from Italy or palBrendan (a fine fellow from whom to buy a Gita-distributed bike), or from Gita. As far as handling goes, the bike was solid but quick (not sketchy but not as slow as some) up front and it descended like a champ. Those are the two things that measure a ride best for me: how much attention does the bike demand up front and how well does it descend? In my little world, I could care less about a bike's sprinting acceleration or fast turning (like crit racing). What I want to know is if I can easily sit up, take my hands off the bars, pedal on or even up with my hands on my hips. VERY Best bikes for that: Rivendell, Mariposa, Ron Cooper, Hampsten...all of which have longer chainstays and a lower bb than most others. Second, I want to relax on the long, steep descents we have in the Lakes here. You can go downwards in a nearly straight line here for as long as six miles (of course there is a consequence to this...like going up!) and I like a bike that is never, ever nervous. Worst recent bike for this feature I have ridden: Colnago Dream. Dario's bikes are steady up front but ask for a tad more attention, not bad, very, very much like my CSi and Sachs, and that is a good thing.

Luigino is a really really nice lugged steel bike and bless Dario for being one of the few Italian builders to keep the torch and do them one at a time by himself (and maybe somebody or another's too!)

dbrk