PDA

View Full Version : OT - Great quote on French smoking ban

1centaur
12-28-2007, 06:53 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=axw.78.HGL5U&refer=home

``Maybe we're a bit stupid with our traditions, but we have the right to be as such and I cannot stand the idea of a hygienic, clean, and sorry to say `American style' society,'' said David Droulez, head of the Friends of Pleasure and Taste Association in Paris, which wants to defend France's ``epicurean conviviality.''

stevep
12-28-2007, 07:06 AM
we should sue that guy for libel.

that'll teach him.

DarrenCT
12-28-2007, 07:23 AM
whaddda idiot

in 1 week i might see 5 people smoking around here. i guess its different in some hick town tho...

Ahneida Ride
12-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Big Brother always know best ....

Next in line .... all you fat people out there .... Oops that means me ....

Did they not have to do mandatory exercises in Orwell's "1984"?

You laugh .... :eek:

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
. . . in the link, folks. The law will ban smoking in cafes, hotels and clubs. The same thing was done here in Old Dorp several years ago and all the same restauranteurs and bar owners whined about it, claiming it would run them out of business. Well, it didn't. In fact, business in some restaurants went UP because customers who had previously fled because of the smoke returned. I know I started going back to a few places myself that I had stopped patronizing because of the smoke and the smell.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for the whiny Frenchmen who are complaining about no longer being able to selfishly blow clouds of smelly, unhealthy smoke in other people's faces in public places.

Read the WHOLE story in the link.

BBD

roman meal
12-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Did they not have to do mandatory exercises in Orwell's "1984"?

You laugh .... :eek:

The 15 minutes of hate was exercise enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h3G-lMZxjo

1centaur
12-28-2007, 11:23 AM
I know I started going back to a few places myself that I had stopped patronizing because of the smoke and the smell.BBD

Apparently you do not fully grasp that epicurean conviviality requires lack of hygiene, you overly sanitized Yankee!

BumbleBeeDave
12-28-2007, 11:28 AM
. . . and D@MN proud of it! ;) :D

Now excuse me, I have to go trim my toenails . . .

BBD