PDA

View Full Version : OT - working Christmas

Dekonick
12-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Just thought I would share - working Christmas eve, and day. Sucks when you have a 2 year old at home.

Oh well, someone has to do it. :crap:

To everyone in Serottaland - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc!

Be safe out there! There is some lunatic running around in a red suit breaking into houses via the chimney! I suggest you send my your 56cm bikes for safe keeping until he is caught! :p

Ahneida Ride
12-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Just thought I would share - working Christmas eve, and day. Oh well, someone has to do it. :crap:

To everyone in Serottaland - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc!

I am too. That makes two of us.

Merry Christmas to all. ;)

avalonracing
12-25-2007, 10:54 AM
For some of us seeing the extended family on Christmas is a hell of a lot of work. (Without compensation!)

Avispa
12-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh well, someone has to do it....

Well Dek,

I Thank you that you are one of those making the holidays better/safer for the rest of us!

Yesterday, I went for a ride, and noticed that even on the 24th of December, there are some jerks on the road. This woman, decides to wait for the light OVER the shoulder! I ask her to be more careful and considerate next time... All I get is honking of horns and insults... :no:

I just contained myself and rode off, what a b!tch.

..A..

CaptStash
12-25-2007, 04:28 PM
It's an every other year deal for us ship types. Working this year, I'll be home next year.

David Kirk
12-25-2007, 05:22 PM
In past years, before I started my biz, I worked as a supervisor full time at the ski area and I always worked on Christmas day. We started 1 hour late but we were there. For me it was a good thing. All the folks out skiing were having a great time and in a good mood and the employees seemed to know it was a special day that we were sharing. There are always kids out on their new skis or wearing their new mittens and they are so excited to be in Montana, on vacation, for Christmas.

In a way I miss that. I don't know if the folks making fries in the kitchen felt the same way but out on the snow it was fun.

We stayed close to home today but tomorrow Karin will be working at the hill and I'll be playing.

To those who work on days like this and keep the whole deal running I take my hat off......... thanks.

Dave

rounder
12-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Sorry you had to work today...but someone was probably happy that you were there. Best holiday wishes...merry christmas.

DarrenCT
12-25-2007, 08:06 PM
i had a lot of work to do cleaning my place and fighting the ants.

no new ants as of yet. those pricks better be gone!

Dekonick
12-25-2007, 10:24 PM
My hats off to all of our armed forces - they sacrifice more than any of us ever will.

:)

steelrider
12-26-2007, 02:43 AM
Went to a call at the zoo right shortly after 5 tonight. Turns out a tiger had got out of the pen and killed a dude. The cops dumped the tiger. Merry Christmas. My feelings about zoos require another thread.