PDA

View Full Version : OT: sickness

1happygirl
12-22-2007, 05:42 AM
This bulletin board is a great diversion/comfort when you are sick. My question is other than reading/posting, "What do you like to do when you are sick?"

I can't go back until Dec. 27 (boo, I won't get to work Christmas :D ), so I'm interested in what everyone does when they are sick. There's only so much Norman Cousins I can do.

Please save me from myself. All the ads for the shark steam mop are starting to look attractive and I have a feeling I'm gonna start ordering things.

TAMIFLU RULES!

cs124
12-22-2007, 06:23 AM
...read. Not this 'net drivel, but, you know, like, literature and *****.

...and listen to your local public access radio station.

...and sit on the back porch in the sun eating lunch.

ti_boi
12-22-2007, 06:45 AM
This bulletin board is a great diversion/comfort when you are sick. My question is other than reading/posting, "What do you like to do when you are sick?"

I can't go back until Dec. 27 (boo, I won't get to work Christmas :D ), so I'm interested in what everyone does when they are sick. There's only so much Norman Cousins I can do.

Please save me from myself. All the ads for the shark steam mop are starting to look attractive and I have a feeling I'm gonna start ordering things.

TAMIFLU RULES!

I tend to practice the art of bedroom flatulence when I am sick....I also rent movies....and complain. A lot. Mom says I'm a catch.

Dr. Doofus
12-22-2007, 06:49 AM
sleep

dvds

sleep

don'TreadOnMe
12-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Build a wheel while "Sunday in Hell" plays on repeat.
Looking at an old Hadley rear hub right now...dang chest cold.

capybaras
12-22-2007, 07:44 AM
now is the perfect time for the cabbage soup diet

Ginger
12-22-2007, 08:37 AM
When I was laid up with one of my knee surgeries I had someone bring my old Schwinn bike and hung 700 Christmas tree lights on it for my yard ornament.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=20405&stc=1

Another knee surgery saw me caning the seat of a rocking chair.

and my hip surgery saw me building the work bench for my bike room...which was a no no...

Other than that I lay around and sleep.

DarrenCT
12-22-2007, 08:38 AM
now is the perfect time for the cabbage soup diet

should i know about this? i like cabbage.

please explain

Bruce K
12-22-2007, 08:44 AM
1hg:

For me it's usually:

sleep

read

sleep

dvd while lunching on soup and some crusty bread

sleep

Oh, and did I mention sleep?

Get well soon,

BK

DarrenCT
12-22-2007, 08:46 AM
sleep

water

sleep

vitamin rescue water

sleep

1 beer

sleep

Fixed
12-22-2007, 09:04 AM
irish coffee ..it works ... really
cheers :beer:

capybaras
12-22-2007, 09:05 AM
should i know about this? i like cabbage.

please explain

it is like Pellegrino and Altoids but with cabbage

Ray
12-22-2007, 09:37 AM
This won't work for you, being a girl and all, but for us guys, there's nothing like a man cold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXLHWmjA5IE

I just do like in the video and play it for all its worth. My wife loves it.

-Ray

rwsaunders
12-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Good one Ray.

ti_boi
12-22-2007, 01:26 PM
Ray....my god....that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DarrenCT
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
this thread totally jinxed me

i think im getting a cold :confused:

1happygirl
12-22-2007, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all the helpful replys.
Mom says I'm a catch. Not exactly.
now is the perfect time for the cabbage soup diet.Not my style again.
Ray, most of this stuff won't work 'cuz I'm a girl, but this is what I aspire my sickness to be:

Another knee surgery saw me caning the seat of a rocking chair.

and my hip surgery saw me building the work bench for my bike room...which was a no no...

Ginger has a lot of energy.

I feel so bad right now that I really am not up to that much, but would like to be, since I can't be around people and make them sick. I just hope I'm well by Christmas.

I am really enjoying reading all the suggestions. This forum makes me :D

Ginger
12-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks for all the helpful replys.
Not exactly.
Not my style again.
Ray, most of this stuff won't work 'cuz I'm a girl, but this is what I aspire my sickness to be:

Ginger has a lot of energy.

I feel so bad right now that I really am not up to that much, but would like to be, since I can't be around people and make them sick. I just hope I'm well by Christmas.

I am really enjoying reading all the suggestions. This forum makes me :D

When I'm sick like you are, I curl up in bed and sleep. Keep the lights out. Drink lots of water. Take lots of vitamin C. Sleep. Sleep Sleep.

I hope you're feeling better by Christmas!

1happygirl
12-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for all the cool replys. The video was hilarious!!!!!!!!!
After a while, sleeping gets old and medicine makes you sick(er). I know this is not the worst thing I can think of to happen. Just kinda sucks 'cuz I'm usually never still and it's the holidays. I enjoyed reading all the cool ideas. Maybe I'll crawl out later for some OJ.

manet
12-22-2007, 07:20 PM

Viper
12-22-2007, 07:47 PM
PM your address, I'll send 'Miami Vice Season One' on DVD. By the end of Season 1, you'll be fine and dying for Season II. :)

When I'm sick I can't eat. Drink tea, sleep, stretch, read, shower and more sleep. Feel better!