PDA

View Full Version : Dean Guitar

J.Greene
12-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Since we're talking guitars

I recently picked up a Dean Cadillac that needs some refinish work. I've got it stripped and will be working on it this weekend. I think a molteni paint scheme would be fun. Are these guitars any good?

JG

ti_boi
12-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Dean was a stylish maker known for some interesting metal and rock guitars especially in the 80's....they recently have been revived by some Clearwater FL boys...(one of my old hometowns)....if it sounds good in your hands it is good! But yes, Deans have a loyal following of players. Wow...winter is here...lots of guitar threads...players wood shedding so to speak! This little lady is what I remember of DEAN....kept me up nights as a teen!

J.Greene
12-21-2007, 07:14 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMce4HRFP3U) is my buddy Bill Peck who is sponsored by Dean. The kid can noodle. He is pretty good but I don't call his thing music.

JG

Fixed
12-21-2007, 07:23 PM
mr greene is really super man the cat can build a bike out of two pipes now he makin axes out sticks . do it in eddy's old colors cool bro
cheers

DarrenCT
12-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Dean was a stylish maker known for some interesting metal and rock guitars especially in the 80's....they recently have been revived by some Clearwater FL boys...(one of my old hometowns)....if it sounds good in your hands it is good! But yes, Deans have a loyal following of players. Wow...winter is here...lots of guitar threads...players wood shedding so to speak! This little lady is what I remember of DEAN....kept me up nights as a teen!

if she is included, count me in atmo

Fixed
12-21-2007, 07:31 PM
bro she 45 now with 5 kids
cheers

Ray
12-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Man, as soon as I saw the thread title, the ads came to mind. It took a little longer to remember the guitars. They were a little flashy for my taste, but well built I guess. Fairly distinctive update of the Flying V.

-Ray

DarrenCT
12-21-2007, 07:35 PM
bro she 45 now with 5 kids
cheers

good experience atmo

J.Greene
12-21-2007, 07:41 PM
This little lady is what I remember of DEAN....kept me up nights as a teen!

I swear I see moose knuckle in that pic.

JG

J.Greene
12-21-2007, 07:42 PM
mr greene is really super man the cat can build a bike out of two pipes now he makin axes out sticks . do it in eddy's old colors cool bro
cheers

I can do paint, hopefully I can wire it all back together. I am the BIGGEST hack on guitar.

JG

ti_boi
12-21-2007, 07:49 PM
I swear I see moose knuckle in that pic.

JG

One can only hope.....................................and this picture was taken well before the current (an in my opinion entirely overrated) craze of 'waxing'.....OOPS did I cross a line????? :beer:

dcwood
12-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Dean's are awesome guitars. I think they will only increase in value. Visit the web site.