PDA

View Full Version : do you like spending OP money?

Ken Robb
12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
I get a cheap thrill from talking my pals into buying things that are just their size so I can keep my $$$ in my wallet. Take that lovely 60cm Luigino that would have fit me like a glove. Happily one of us bought it without any influence from me so that temptation is gone. A Peg is probably too racy for me anyway but I'd like to try one sometime. Lately there have been several nice bikes that are just my size come up for sale but I have been able to resist since I can't see where they would fill any ride niche in my stable.

It must be the life-long salesman in my psyche but "helping" friends buy cool things by egging them on is FUN! Of course I wouldn't OUT any of these suggestible folks. The really good times are when I can influence pals into buying bikes that are just my size and thereby ensure there will be cool stuff to tempt me at the inevitable future resale. :banana:

dave thompson
12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Bastid! :p

Don't ask about the backstory to Ken's post. :butt:

A.L.Breguet
12-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Once, I talked Manet into buying a donut. Then he ate it.

Ken Robb
12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
I guess you won't be in line for a resale of that?

shoe
12-21-2007, 09:23 PM
my friend is a little tight when it comes to shelling out cash... and i always try to convince him to buy a new surfboard so i can try it....i also try to set my friends up with girls i have crushes on so if i can't date them i want someone that i like too...

manet
12-21-2007, 09:38 PM

... circular hammer bar

PBWrench
12-21-2007, 09:52 PM
hmmmm.... That sounds like my last visit to SD and your bike collection . .

justinf
12-21-2007, 10:25 PM
i also try to set my friends up with girls i have crushes on so if i can't date them i want someone that i like too...

aw man that is self deprivation at its finest

Ken Robb
12-21-2007, 11:48 PM
hmmmm.... That sounds like my last visit to SD and your bike collection . .
Nah, I didn't let any of mine go but there was a screaming good deal made on something I might like to own in the future.

dave thompson
12-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Nah, I didn't let any of mine go but there was a screaming good deal made on something I might like to own in the future.
9 hundred bucks and I'll hand carry it to you personally Ken. 'Course you'll have to put me up for two weeks because I'll be tired from the trip, I'm old.

Ken Robb
12-22-2007, 03:51 PM
I guess Dave is taking to heart the old advice: "Buy Cheap and sell steep"!
I appreciate the offer (threat?) but I think our air mattress is fully booked. Since Pete McK is coming to town he might have an extra bed for you in his hotel room but your new bike is not "just his size"> :)

BumbleBeeDave
12-22-2007, 04:12 PM
. . . I'd be a politician.

BBD

Ken Robb
12-22-2007, 06:10 PM
It just occured to me that I may have learned to enjoy helping people spend their $$$ by being a real estate broker for 35 years. NOW we are talking some real $$$$$. Anyway this time with Dave it was a lot of fun and he "done good" :beer: as we used to say in Alabama.