PDA

View Full Version : Edge Composite Forks

John H.
12-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Are these available yet?
Anyone riding one?
How do you compare to Reynolds Ouzo Pro or New Ouzo Lite?

Ligero
12-21-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't have one yet but I will quote Nick Crumpton and he said "There the Sh**!". When it comes to carbon things I trust what Nick says so I will be getting some soon.

swoop
12-21-2007, 11:25 AM
i keep hearing the guys that really are the masters of carbon making prrring noises at all things coming from edge composites.
looks like it might be a reynolds buster.

shinomaster
12-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Are they a new company?

SWorks4me
12-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Are they a new company?

Edge is the new black. atmo

Jack Brunk
12-21-2007, 11:49 AM
I have one on my Crumpton and it's rocks. Does everything that a great carbon fork should do and with Nick doing his magic in combination with a great carbon frame, makes almost the perfect package. It has a very sublime ride feel.

tmanley
12-21-2007, 01:27 PM
The only problem is the steerer length is only 300mm, and I need 330mm! I've been emailing back and forth with Edge on this topic and there might be a solution in the works come mid-2008. From what I know the forks that Parlee is now sourcing with their frames for 2008 are from Edge, and once they get the longer steerer done I'll be swapping out my Alpha Q Z Pro (i.e. Pro HOG!) and putting in the Edge. There's lots of chatter about Edge over on WW and Fairwheelbikes forums.

Z3c
12-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Give Edge a little time; they will be very well known in a relatively short period of time. Their products, their people and their service are all great.

Look at a Zipp wheel; I have never seen one that does not have at least a few spokes that are at angular odds with the nipple as the nipple does not have the leeway to align with the spoke. Edge uses a different method as well as molding the spoke holes in during fabrication. Zipp drills them in post fab.

The fork is extremely nice, has nice lines(IMHO) and rides very nicely.

While I have always been a fan of Zipp in terms of bang/$, I think they are going to have to raise their game due to Edge. Everyone wins!

Scott