PDA

View Full Version : Axel Merckx

TMB
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Axel Merckx will be running a bicycle tour company, at least in the early stages he plans, accoroding to him, to concentrate on the Belgian and Northern Classics routes.

Something in the order of 10 people per tour group.

Factory Tours included.

He is setting up a web page that will have the details and expects that it will be "live" just around January 1.

www.axelmerckx.com

bostondrunk
12-20-2007, 11:22 AM
I thought he was signing on to be a team director for a US team?? Did that fall through?

TMB
12-20-2007, 11:23 AM
I thought he was signing on to be a team director for a US team?? Did that fall through?

I think a change of mind.

200 days a year away from home - with small kids at home.

KJMUNC
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
But they Axel lives in Canada no? I guess at least this way he's still close to family.

I was in Meise a couple weekends ago and stopped by the factory but it was locked up tight. I did run into Mrs. Merckx as she was leaving but Eddy wasn't home :(

Seems like a good guy to do a tour with and at least you'd have entree to the factory, etc.

barry1021
12-20-2007, 09:26 PM
But they Axel lives in Canada no? I guess at least this way he's still close to family.

I was in Meise a couple weekends ago and stopped by the factory but it was locked up tight. I did run into Mrs. Merckx as she was leaving but Eddy wasn't home :(

Seems like a good guy to do a tour with and at least you'd have entree to the factory, etc.

to Toomany, and in a surprising lack of sound judgement, seems to enjoy spending time with him. :rolleyes:

b21

TMB
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
to Toomany, and in a surprising lack of sound judgement, seems to enjoy spending time with him. :rolleyes:

b21

How come there's no smilie for

Phhhfffttttt!

julia
12-21-2007, 02:34 AM
axel's tours will rock, he's been chatting with uncle andy