PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Is ATMO watching Celtics/Pistons?

Viper
12-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Vote and discuss.

J.Greene
12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Vote and discuss.

He is still crushed by the loss of Len Bias

JG

paczki
12-19-2007, 08:18 PM
He is still crushed by the loss of Len Bias

JG

That still hurts, and Reggie Lewis. Oh and losing out on Tim Duncan.

Viper
12-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Wasn't Rick Pitino icing on the cake?

paczki
12-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Wasn't Rick Pitino icing on the cake?

Trading away Chauncey Billups and so many others -- basically a starting All Star team. Such pain. What a joy to see the Three in Celtics Green. Bill Russell must be proud.

e-RICHIE
12-19-2007, 08:31 PM
eric fernsten atmo.

Viper
12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
85-82 under a minute...

Viper
12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
85 ALL, we got a game.

maunahaole
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
rick robey atmo

Viper
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Sandy likes dogs.

Brilliant D by Celtics. :banana:

Sandy
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Not directly related to the thread:

Viper,

I would really like you to meet the pit bull that I care so much about. Maybe you would temper your thoughts about the breed a little...I do understand and respect your thoughts on the breed.

Sandy

Sandy
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Not related to the initial post:

Spencer is a 75 pound pit bull in disguise!

Sandy

Viper
12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I would enjoy a visit with the Pit Bull, I'd pet him and wish him well. I won't ever change my feelings on the breed though; 'tamed' tiger sharks with fur imho. I'd go trick-or-treating with Jason before I'd own one or take some Ambien tm from Freddy Cougar.

Aside: I think ATMO owns Steve Nash Under-Roos. NTTAWWT.

BumbleBeeDave
12-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I was watching it in a bar earlier tonight and it did not look good for the Detroit boys. 34-27 last I saw. The pistons were consistently showing up with a man open on the Detroit end and were getting easy shots. Somebody on the Pistons was pretty well faked out pretty consistently. But what do I know . . . ask Swoop.

And who was the Detroit guy with the funky clear acrylic face mask? Never seen one like that before . . .

BBD

shinomaster
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
eric fernsten atmo.

That's two.

RIHans
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm a Knicks Fan.

Send Thomas back to the Pistons.

dookie
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
please. NBA is dead.

check out ACC bball. if you need a new england angle, there's BC. not chester, but nowhere else is.

e-RICHIE
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
please. NBA is dead.

check out ACC bball. if you need a new england angle, there's BC. not chester, but nowhere else is.
Dookiepedia 1.0 atmo -

Viper
12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm a Knicks Fan.

Send Thomas back to the Pistons.

Bernard King FTW. I think Isiah should hand out blow before the game and halftime, it worked for King.

The New York Knicks are a disgrace and the fingers should point at ownership and the manager; James Dolan is a complete cluster-you-know-what, Isiah should have been fired the second the sexual lawsuit was settled.

e-RICHIE
12-19-2007, 09:59 PM
atmo -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySy5PK2CWKk

Blue Jays
12-19-2007, 10:11 PM
"...I'd go trick-or-treating with Jason before I'd own one or take some Ambien tm from Freddy Cougar..."Freddy Cougar Mellencamp? :D

ashwa64
12-19-2007, 11:10 PM
e. who gives a sh*t (i mean yeah, i want a frame too, but you guys are f-ing psychos)

Viper
12-19-2007, 11:43 PM
e. who gives a sh*t (i mean yeah, i want a frame too, but you guys are f-ing psychos)

Just Wit It, Nike. :rolleyes: Who needs a frame when one has wit? LOL. Apparently you missed Suns/Mavericks, another game worth watching.

Your job now is to buy an NBA ball and count how many raised dots are on it, report back. Also, my car's handbrake doesn't have a barrel adjuster, what should I do?

stevep
12-20-2007, 05:31 AM
quiz
who was the celtics back up center around 1980?
never played but in practice?
not fernstrom... i forget

in the day he lived in lynnfield and came into my (then) shop to buy a bike for his kid...
me.." how old is yr kid?"
him... "he's 12"
me " he probably wants a bike like his buddies...like a bmx bike"
him..."he's 6'4""

me..."oh, oh"

Dr. Doofus
12-20-2007, 05:59 AM
greg kite?

stevep
12-20-2007, 06:30 AM
greg kite?

doofus wins a sachs frame...
contact e-richie to collect.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 06:44 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kitegr01.html

Greg Kite was drafted in 1983 and played 241 games with Boston between 1983 and 1987 when he was traded.

http://www.databasebasketball.com/players/playerpage.htm?ilkid=FERNSER01
Eric Fernsten played 144 games with Boston between 1979 and 1982.

Bruce K
12-20-2007, 07:06 AM
OMG are we dragging up names from the past.

It makes you wonder who in the NBA had the lowest minutes/games ratio for a career?

Kite would have to be right up there. Decent defense, no shot, and probably the poster boy for "White Men Can't Jump".

But he was a real Team Player and did everything that was asked and expected of him.

BK

93legendti
12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
OMG are we dragging up names from the past.

It makes you wonder who in the NBA had the lowest minutes/games ratio for a career?

Kite would have to be right up there. Decent defense, no shot, and probably the poster boy for "White Men Can't Jump".

But he was a real Team Player and did everything that was asked and expected of him.

BK
Maybe Chuck Nevitt: 9 seasons, 155 games.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nevitch01.html

myette10
12-20-2007, 07:29 AM
like hand up towels and vacate his well used seat during timeouts.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 12:07 PM
quiz
who was the celtics back up center around 1980?
never played but in practice?
not fernstrom... i forget

in the day he lived in lynnfield and came into my (then) shop to buy a bike for his kid...
him... "he's 12"
him..."he's 6'4""

me..."oh, oh"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofus
greg kite?
doofus wins a sachs frame...
contact e-richie to collect.

So in ~1980, Greg Kite walks in your store to buy a bike for his 12 year old kid, huh? Let's see, Greg was born in 1961. He played with the Celts from '83-'87, when he was 22-26. So at the time his (then 12 year old) son was born, Greg must have been between 10-14 years old.

That is one, AMAZING story:

Greg Kite
Gregory Fuller Kite (Greg)

Position: C
Height: 6'11" Weight: 250 lbs.
Born: August 5, 1961 in Houston, TX
High School: James Madison in Houston, TX
College: Brigham Young University

Fernsten was born in '53. Your story plays better if the kid was his.

stevep
12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
find out which one lived in lynnfield ma sherlock.
this is so old to me... i remember the guy and his kid and the rest is pretty old stuff. thought it was kite... it wasnt dave cowens..that i can tell you for sure.. one of the big guys who never played...im pretty sure it was kite...so do a timeline that you are happy with and i will sign off on it.
80-85-90...long time ago.17 yrs ago+ and a lotta bikes ago.. .details fade.
story is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Doofus
greg kite?

So in ~1980, Greg Kite walks in your store to buy a bike for his 12 year old kid, huh? Let's see, Greg was born in 1961. He played with the Celts from '83-'87, when he was 22-26. So at the time his (then 12 year old) son was born, Greg must have been between 10-14 years old.

That is one, AMAZING story:

Greg Kite

Fernsten was born in '53. Your story plays better if the kid was his.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 12:50 PM
find out which one lived in lynnfield ma sherlock.
this is so old to me... i remember the guy and his kid and the rest is pretty old stuff. thought it was kite... it wasnt dave cowens..that i can tell you for sure.. one of the big guys who never played.
80-85-90...long time ago.17 yrs ago+.details fade.
story is true.

Hey stevep, it's a great yarn. Let's say Kite wanted to buy a bike for Fernsten's kid and it was between '83 and '87. OK? It's more plausible, even though they both played, but not a lot. That way, the incredibleness of your tale is mitigated by the haze of an aging memory.

Or else, just say a tall guy came in and wanted to buy a bike for his 12 year old son/nephew/grandson. Tell it like this:

him... "he's 12"
him..."he's 6'4""

Then, you leave the room.

Remember stevep, always leave on a high note, ok?

stevep
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
thanks, your help on this is appreciated.
just find out if kite lived in lynnfield when he played for the celtics...
the answer lies there.
ill leave it to you... you're plenty into it... search man, search.
search the tax records.you could find this out..
if you have the time.

him... "he's 12"
him..."he's 6'4""

Then, you leave the room.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
the answer lies there.
if you have the time.

stevep, I don't need any more proof about this tall tale of yours. It's just a shame for you Greg Kite was born in 1961.

I'm telling you, don't be so specific on the "details", that's where you will get tripped up--unless you are telling something that really happened, ok?
(In that case, you could quote my Rabbi: "Here's a story, and this one is true".)

Tell it like this next time:

around 1980, there was a celtic team member who rarely played.
in the day he lived nearby and came into my (then) shop to buy a bike for his kid...
him... "he's 12"
him..."he's 6'4""

me..."oh, oh"

Then, leave the room.

stevep
12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
still bitter?
talk to the rabbi. i bet he'll help you out with these feelings.
keep searching. you are doing important work here.

stevep, I don't need any more proof about this tall tale of yours. It's just a shame for you Greg Kite was born in 1961.

I'm telling you, don't be so specific on the "details", that's where you will get tripped up--unless you are telling something that really happened, ok?
(In that case, you could quote my Rabbi: "Here's a story, and this one is true".)

Tell it like this next time:

around 1980, there was a celtic team member who rarely played.
in the day he lived in nearby and came into my (then) shop to buy a bike for his kid...
him... "he's 12"
him..."he's 6'4""

me..."oh, oh"

93legendti
12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
still bitter?
talk to the rabbi. i bet he'll help you out with these feelings.
keep searching. you are doing important work here.

Is the Rabbi's name Kite or Fernsten? Does he live in Lynnfield?

fiamme red
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
the answer lies there.
if you have the time.stevep, I think you must have misunderstood Greg Kite. His son was one-year old at the time, and he wanted to buy him a bike for his Bar Mitzvah in 12 years, when he would probably be 6'4" or so. You can never buy Bar Mitzvah gifts too early; just ask 93legendti: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=438171&postcount=120.

:rolleyes: :D ;)

93legendti
12-20-2007, 01:33 PM
stevep, I think you must have misunderstood Greg Kite. His son was one-year old at the time, and he wanted to buy him a bike for his Bar Mitzvah in 12 years, when he would probably be 6'4" or so. You can never buy Bar Mitzvah gifts too early; just ask 93legendti: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=438171&postcount=120.

:rolleyes: :D ;)
That would be a good stevep story, maybe no one would notice (like you didn't) that Kite went to BYU. I doubt Kite's Jewish, don't you? Not many Jews go there.

Greg Kite

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=445472&postcount=31

Brigham Young University
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Brigham Young University

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Established October 16, 1875
Religious affiliation: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Brigham Young University (BYU), located in Provo, Utah, is a private coeducational school completely owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS or Mormon Church) and run under the auspices of its Church Educational System. About 98% of the 34,000 students at BYU are members of the LDS Churchhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigham_Young_University

Dr. Doofus
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
out of all the serotta fights

now we fight about greg kite?

so ****ing not right....

93legendti
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
out of all the serotta fights

now we fight about greg kite?

so ****ing not right....
He's my favorite Mormon who played pro ball. Don't diss him.

davids
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Good advice. Perhaps you should have used it.

Dr. Doofus
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
He's my favorite Mormon who played pro ball. Don't diss him.

reminds me of that scene in Airplane:

Woman: Do you have any light reading?

Randi: How about this pamphlet, "Great Jewish Sports Heroes?"

fiamme red
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
He's my favorite Mormon who played pro ball. Don't diss him.Not Danny Ainge?

Dr. Doofus
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Not Danny Ainge?

didn't manute bol convert?

fiamme red
12-20-2007, 02:00 PM
didn't manute bol convert?Well, Shawn Bradley is a Mormon, and he's almost as tall as Manute.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 02:00 PM
reminds me of that scene in Airplane:

Woman: Do you have any light reading?

Randi: How about this pamphlet, "Great Jewish Sports Heroes?"

Don't make me get Biblical on you...

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Book-Jewish-Sports-Heros/dp/1561719072

http://www.salon.com/sports/feature/2007/09/01/jewish_baseball/print.html

2 of them even have a Red Sox connection: Dave Roberts and Kevin Youkilis.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 02:01 PM
didn't manute bol convert?
He took the class, but balked at getting cut...

Dr. Doofus
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
He took the class, but balked at getting cut...

right

it was darryl dawkins

93legendti
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
right

it was darryl dawkins
Hey, he played in Detroit.

93legendti
12-20-2007, 02:27 PM
Anyway, good Piston victory last night.

capybaras
12-22-2007, 06:43 AM

a little harsh, but +1

Viper
12-22-2007, 03:33 PM
a little harsh, but +1

Laugh it up fuzzball. Start yer own thread about atmo and the Celtics or such. And if you do, what would it have to do with the price of tea in China, the price of bottled Fiji water in Fiji and the price of Lucky Charms in County Galway? I may have 5 Sachs frames already, maybe not. Either way, I got more than 56cm of wit. In other words, watch ESPN Celtics games or not, but because you want to sidetrack wit for the wont of a frame, doesn't make it so. In other words, brevity is the soul of wit, speed it up (and on your left).

Viper
12-22-2007, 04:53 PM
Celtics FTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y88VjW-ZPfI

capybaras
12-22-2007, 08:47 PM

Laugh it up fuzzball. Start yer own thread about atmo and the Celtics or such. And if you do, what would it have to do with the price of tea in China, the price of bottled Fiji water in Fiji and the price of Lucky Charms in County Galway? I may have 5 Sachs frames already, maybe not. Either way, I got more than 56cm of wit. In other words, watch ESPN Celtics games or not, but because you want to sidetrack wit for the wont of a frame, doesn't make it so. In other words, brevity is the soul of wit, speed it up (and on your left).

:confused:

Viper
12-22-2007, 08:57 PM

stevep
12-23-2007, 10:59 AM
came to me on a ride.

Where Are They Now? Hank Finkel
Henry J. "Hank" Finkel didn?t arrive in Boston until August, 1969. He played three seasons, with the Los Angeles Lakers and the San Diego Rockets (later known as the Houston Rockets), prior to joining the Green and White. He played six years for the Celtics (1969-70 ? 1974-75). He was an imposing seven-foot player who roamed the pivot, possessed a smooth left-handed shot and battled with the likes of: Willis Reed, Nate Thurmond, Wilt Chamberlain and Walt Bellemy. And, Hank held his own against each opponent he faced.
Hank, or ?High Henry? as long-time voice of the Celtics Johnny Most liked to call him, came to the Celtics to assume the center position. Now, coming to the defending world champion Boston Celtics is one thing but to come to a new team to be the man to replace the retired Bill Russell, is something else. But that?s what Hank was asked to do and he did it to the best of his ability. He was a pro?s pro, a solid team player and in 1969-70 he averaged 9.7 points (his career best average was 11.6 in 1967-68), a career-high 7.7 rebounds per game and he played in career high-tying 80 of 82 regular season contests.

When Dave Cowens joined the Celtics in 1970, Finkel was right there to work with the young 6-8 center and provide more than adequate support in a reserve role. This was never more evident than in Game 7 of the 1974 Playoffs when he played Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to a standstill when Cowens was benched with five fouls. Hank was always well conditioned, never griped about playing time and he could set the best picks and blocks in the NBA.

All these years later, the former Dayton All-American who took his team to the NCAA Finals as a senior, is still a resident of Lynnfield, MA and a productive businessman in the Boston and New England area.

Bob Ross
12-24-2007, 10:41 AM

There was a recent quote by Isiah Thomas in one of the local NYC papers regarding a deep bench -- or the lack therof -- and he said "when we (the Pistons) used to play against Bird & Mchale & Parrish we used to think 'just let us get to Greg Kite and we'll be okay!' "