PDA

View Full Version : steel tube trivia...

Dave
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
My memory isn't the best. I know Reynolds and True Temper both currently make steel tubing for bike frames, but was there a time when Reynolds used the term "True Temper" to describe their tubing?

conorb
12-19-2007, 01:28 PM
My memory isn't the best. I know Reynolds and True Temper both currently make steel tubing for bike frames, but was there a time when Reynolds used the term "True Temper" to describe their tubing?

Not that I can remember.

I just did a "true temper" +reynolds Google search and didn't see anything along those lines in the first 3 or 4 pages.

conorb

e-RICHIE
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
columbus srl used to make some
ribbed tubing called sex iirc atmo.

cpg
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM

Was it a pleasure to work with?

Curt

J.Greene
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Was it a pleasure to work with?

Curt

Ladies bikes iirc

JG

cpg
12-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Ladies bikes iirc

JG

Stiff yet compliant?

CG

David Kirk
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM

The stuff I used was called TSX and it had a warning that said "not for use as a family planning device".

You must have gotten the special backroom stuff.

Dave

Bill Bove
12-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, TSX. I had a frame built with it, it was ribbed for my pleasure :rolleyes:

David Kirk
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Yeah, TSX. I had a frame built with it, it was ribbed for my pleasure :rolleyes:

That's not the intended us BTW.

Dave

maunahaole
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
The stuff I used was called TSX and it had a warning that said "not for use as a family planning device".

You must have gotten the special backroom stuff.

Dave

Of course it gave the family planning admonition. As tsx is from Italy, it would be in violation of catholic doctrine if it was to endorse its use as a family planning device. In order to use it as such, it would require special papal dispensation.

stackie
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
You mean it did not come with a statement like,

"Warning, do not insert into body orifices, may cause severe internal injuries."

Oh, yeah, Columbus tubing is not made in the USA.

Jon