PDA

View Full Version : really odd question

sprintrjm
12-18-2007, 06:54 AM
About 8 years back i purchased a schwinn paramount ti road bike.

The main reason i bought it was because schwinn finally re-introduced the paramount line, and mainly the frame was made by serotta.

Now its 8 years later and my road buddys think im making up the fact that my frame is indeed a serotta frame.

Is there any literature or web site that might be able to substanciate my claim?

On a side note, the steel version of the paramount that year was made by match cycles here in washington.

loving the bike in seattle..

thanks in advance.

James

J.Greene
12-18-2007, 08:13 AM
You are correct Jim. You owe me 1/2 what your buddies are gonna have to give you for winning this bet.

JG

dekindy
12-18-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.waterfordbikes.com/site/company/parahistory.php

This is the link for Paramount history. For 1998 and forward bikes it says to contact them for information on your bike. You will need to supply them with the serial number. There is also a forum that you can ask questions. Richard Schwinn usually replies.

I have a 1989 Paramount made of Columbus tubing with Shimano 600. I am trying to decide whether to sell it for whatever I can get or restore it. I really like my new Serotta and am not a pack rat, so I will probably sell it eventually.

sprintrjm
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
I had a paramount mountain bike from 1993, granny apple green r80. That page took me back..

It was my baby, it deleloped a hairline fracture in the head tube, I sent it my dealer to see about getting it repaired. I wish i did not take the alum frame they sent me... :(

I heard a rumor that some of the elegent lugs of my year were made from davidson cycles here in seattle.

Just waxing poetic..

thx.

David Kirk
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
I was there and can vouch.

You can take that to the bank.

Dave

rwsaunders
12-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Now that Dave Kirk wants a piece of the winnings, Bumble Bee Dave won't be far behind. :cool:

regularguy412
12-18-2007, 07:38 PM
There's a red, white and blue Schwinn Paramount Prologue frame and fork with a Shim 600 headset hanging in my LBS right now. Was that one of the Serotta pieces, too? Seems like I recall that Greg L rode one of those when they first came out.

Hijack over.

Mike in AR

BumbleBeeDave
12-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Now that Dave Kirk wants a piece of the winnings, Bumble Bee Dave won't be far behind. :cool:

. . . he can buy a calendar . . . :D

BBD