PDA

View Full Version : Forge' about it.... forge' the mirrors!

Avispa
12-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Just in time for your 2008 gizmo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/concept-prototype/cerevellum-bike-computer-does-it-all-including-video-from-behind-334672.php) list!

:D :D :D

..A..

barry1021
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Just in time for your 2008 gizmo (http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/concept-prototype/cerevellum-bike-computer-does-it-all-including-video-from-behind-334672.php) list!

:D :D :D

..A..

Does it get picture-in-picture too??

Louis
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Does it beep when it detects a dog in the back of a pick-up ?

Bruce K
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Does it beep when you back up?

BK

Volant
12-17-2007, 02:52 PM
It needs a split-screen showing the road in front of you as well!

davids
12-17-2007, 02:58 PM
swoop would just point the camera at his bottle cages, so he could locate the tiny bottles.

Karin Kirk
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Does it have internet access?
Can we check the forum while riding?

Volant
12-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Does it have internet access?
Can we check the forum while riding?

Karin, Now THAT's an idea! IF we can post than I'll lessen the chance of missing out on some of the great deals in the classifieds!

stevep
12-17-2007, 03:33 PM
it get the weather channel?

curious. what is the picture of?
the road ahead?
behing?
some other road where you would rather be?
why would you want this?

a lot of this stuff eludes me.

mschol17
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM

the road ahead?
behing?
why would you want this?

The rear view

davids
12-17-2007, 03:40 PM

the road ahead?
behing?
why would you want this?

Your comments have been confusing me ever since you said you weren't giving me a timeframe. I'm getting used to being puzzled. It's not so bad, this time of year.

Grant McLean
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
What's it for? Parallel parking?

-g

Kevan
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
My ear tells me enough. I'd either get confused or simply terrified by what approaches me.

72gmc
12-17-2007, 04:20 PM
In the future, it will give you Ding Dong prices at upcoming convenience stores via Bluetooth.

stevep
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Your comments have been confusing me ever since you said you weren't giving me a timeframe. I'm getting used to being puzzled. It's not so bad, this time of year.

david , i relented.
i left the frame leaning up against the mailbox at the corner of beacon and tremont st.
i forgot the lock so i just wrote yr name on it and said to please not steal.
should be there tomorrow.
a small pro team, right?

Blue Jays
12-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm going to settle for a quick glance over my left shoulder when I hear traffic approaching! :)

davids
12-17-2007, 06:02 PM
david , i relented.
i left the frame leaning up against the mailbox at the corner of beacon and tremont st.
i forgot the lock so i just wrote yr name on it and said to please not steal.
should be there tomorrow.
a small pro team, right?
so the timeframe is sometime tomorrow?

That's you placing it on the sidewalk? Extra small, correct?

djg
12-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Where does the dish go? Is there an HDTV model?

Avispa
12-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Guys... This computer is no less than the logical step after electronic groups are finished and on their way to the end-user market. Couldn't you see?

I mean, you don't have to shift anymore, just push a button. So why bother looking back now?

The only trouble I now see with all these e-gizmos is that the thousands of dollars we spend to make our bikes lighter, are just pure waste! The batteries to run these things are going to take a toll on the weight of the bikes, to the point that the UCI is going to have to put reverse weight limitations!!!!

..A.. :D :D

stevep
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
swoop has one on his race bike.
this is why he hates mirrors.

old technology.

DarrenCT
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
technology has went wild imho

chrisroph
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
kinda cool

you can get these things for motorcycles too

Bud_E
12-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I would just point it back at me and lovingly admire myself while I ride.

Erik.Lazdins
12-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Is this thing going to make it? I don't think it would based on the readers of this forum.

I've got 10 speeds when I only need 8, I don't have time to look at a video rear view camera!

It'll probably sell though.

Fixed
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
does it show you that you are about to crash from lookin at that damn thing ...oh .. ah..... sorry ,,

cheers imho merry christmas :beer:

swoop
12-17-2007, 11:15 PM
its a miracle if the boneheads notice that they're pulling the group into a pothole. please just look forward. pleeeeeeeeeease.

sigh.

H.Frank Beshear
12-17-2007, 11:44 PM
its a miracle if the boneheads notice that they're pulling the group into a pothole. please just look forward. pleeeeeeeeeease.

sigh.

Yep I agree with you Swoop. The so called safety instructor for our local bike club sent out an e-mail calling this a safety device :crap: . Here's my reply. I've not had a response for some reason.

"Ok I'll bite. Surely you are joking when you call this a safety device, just what we all need is one more stupid electronic gizmo on our bikes to distract us from the road. Try riding with fewer distractions not more. atmo Frank"

vaxn8r
12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Devil's advocate...I think it would be fine for an experienced cyclist. It would most help the inexperienced cyclist but to him/her it might be one more thing to distract off something more important (seeingthe road and developing other senses to approaching traffic). Ironic but probably true.

But I could see using it for the right price/value.

rwsaunders
12-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Does a proctologist need to insert the rear view camera? :cool:

Blue Jays
12-18-2007, 12:05 AM
By the time someone carefully studied the grainy picture on the Triscuit-sized screen, decided a threat existed, planned their evasive maneuver, and then executed it, the accident would be LONG over!

It's easier to remain aware of surroundings via dynamic lane positioning, clear signaling, and frequent checks for approaching traffic on all sides.

swoop
12-18-2007, 12:15 AM
use your ears to look behind you. learn to look back. in a group the safety issue is riding predictably. already every freak out here has an srm with no coach and is staring at numbers with no idea of what ruts and holes theyre banging everyone into.
when did guys forget that riding on front was a skill unto itself.

if you need this go ride alone.

i think i officially hate the future. soon... it wont take any basic skill set to ride a bike safely.

Kevan
12-18-2007, 05:00 AM
i think i officially hate the future.

a hearty LOL.

Elefantino
12-18-2007, 06:35 AM
when did guys forget that riding on front was a skill unto itself.
I was pulled into a pothole doing 20+ at a century earlier this year and double flatted. The jerks in front didn't even stop.

This is all we need.

We laugh, but internet access can't be far behind. Hey, if the technology is there, why not use it? No need to ask if we should, right?

stevep
12-18-2007, 07:22 AM
hey,
what about one that shows in front but in high def?
another that shows back but in low def?
one for each side in medium def... shiit
above in low def in case a helicopter is about to land on your head or skylab might be falling down... i thk there are still some pieces up there...
there is risk everywhere...

i need investors.... send money...

a helmet that encloses your entire body...
i have more ideas, just need funds.

Too Tall
12-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Good grief, aliens HAVE landed. :rolleyes:
I've got to see the "CE" warnings. How the lawyers (present company inclusive) allowed this to market is truly a xmas miracle ;)

lemonlaug
12-18-2007, 08:33 AM
I like this idea, but it's going to need more than 2 colors and 14 pixels to really let you know what's going on behind you. Version 2.0 looks like it addresses some of these issues, I found this experimental screen cap on velonews:

Len J
12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
couple this rear camera gizmo with an IPod and earplugs & the rider would be completely sensory unaware.

I think we let this go for awile and let Darwin's rules dominate.

Think about the person that thinks this would be a "safety" advantage!

Unreal.

Len