PDA

View Full Version : Cycling Mags and Websites

dohearne
07-31-2004, 08:01 PM
I just received my latest copy of Bicycling magazine and as usual was disappointed at the lack of content. Being relative new to a compulsion regarding all things cycling, I am unaware of the total world of magazines and websites available. I am curious as to various posters favorites and why?

Bill Bove
07-31-2004, 08:16 PM
www.cyclingnews.com

www.pezcycling.com

First site I check in the morning www.drunkcyclist.com

M_A_Martin
07-31-2004, 08:20 PM
The Ride started showing up at my doorstep one day, and I enjoy it much more than Bicycling (which I seem to get whether I have a subscription to it or not). Dunno if someone gifted me with the original subscription. Yes, it is chatty, and yes it is seriously east coast based, but it is fun. Not necessarily hard news, but better than Pink (pinkbike.com.)

The Ride has on online 'zine
http://www.ridezine.com/

Yep Bill, those three too!

dnovo
07-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Best road cycling mag on the planet, bar none, loads of road tests, gear reviews, and real content and anaylsis, not written down the level of BICYLING (i.e. moronic) is CYCLING PLUS. This UK monthly can be found at Borders, B&N, and several other stores or can be had by subscription at the Future Publishing website. I subscribe and they are very good on delivery. Not cheap, but worth every cent of what you spend. Dave N.

Matt Barkley
07-31-2004, 08:46 PM
The "Ride Review" from Australia. Mega-Page issues quarterly with very high quality photos, numerous bike reviews per-issue, solid race content, and deep technical stuff on training like profesionals.

I second the nomination for "The Ride" zine from outside of Boaston, East Coast Cycling culture and advocacy.

Asphalt Mag is nice, harder to find even than the Ride Review.

dave thompson
07-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Is Asphalt still around?

jerk
07-31-2004, 10:43 PM
the jerk likes bici sport. if his italian was a little better he'd like it even more....

Kevin
08-01-2004, 08:37 AM
I agree with Dave, Cycling Plus is the best. I also enjoyed Asphalt, but I have not received an issue in quite a while.

Kevin

oracle
08-04-2004, 10:58 AM
velo