PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Gastronomy or The Cook's Ramble

znfdl
12-11-2007, 07:48 AM
To follow up on my idea of having a eating based ramble with intermitent bike riding, how many people would be interested?

The theme would be that 1 or 2 people would cook lunch for a particular day, then 1 or 2 people would cook dinner. The cooking responsibilities would rotate through the group.

We would have to find a place where we could stay and have access to a good kitchen. I was thinking maybe mid-summer, but would be open to other ideas.

Who would be interested?

Ozz
12-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Damn! On the wrong side of the country again! :crap:

Ginger
12-11-2007, 08:09 AM
I'd think you have enough folks and cooks in your area to have a "progressive meal" ride.
Either all one meal, or all three.

All meet at a house, ride to the next.
First place serves appetizers
then go through as many courses as you care and finally wind up at the first house for the dessert course.

:)

znfdl
12-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Damn! On the wrong side of the country again! :crap:

Ozz, might be worth the trip, especially if people break open their wine cellars. I am sure that if we do it in the DC area, there would be plenty of places to stay.

Hardlyrob
12-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey I'm in! I'll cook just about anything for anyone!

Either Ginger's progressive ride, or a destination with a good kitchen. Sometimes you can rent houses for not a lot if there's a group for a weekend. We have friends who have done this in Europe, but not sure about the US.

Cheers!

Rob

Ginger
12-11-2007, 09:32 AM
Could be connected to a trip to Asheville :) (trying to group all the "forum trip" ideas together)

Ken Robb
12-11-2007, 11:56 AM
an alternative would be a Sot's Tour with some serious drinking followed by not too much ridng. :beer:

Birddog
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Damn! On the wrong side of the country again!

It is? And here I thought Gastronomy was a town in Wyoming.

Birddog

Bruce K
12-11-2007, 01:55 PM
HArdlyrob -

Carpool?

It depends on the time of year for me.

I am definitely planning for Ashville, and now CO in early August. With my hoped for trip to Austin next month, my bike trip time is getting limited.

BK

Ozz
12-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Ozz, might be worth the trip, especially if people break open their wine cellars. I am sure that if we do it in the DC area, there would be plenty of places to stay.
I'd luv to, but I have a couple little guys that will be in the middle of baseball / swimming / soccer / camping season....I can't miss that! (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=418147&postcount=264)

Hardlyrob
12-11-2007, 03:08 PM
HArdlyrob -

Carpool?

BK

Sure - depending on the schedule, we could even include 39Cross.

Cheers!

Rob