PDA

View Full Version : Twice weekly non--bike workouts winter

Too Tall
12-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Mon - 45 mins. intermediate / adv. pilates + 3 types push ups + bike on rollers 200 to 230 watts easy peezey.

Thurs - 45mins. to 1 hr. rowing (concept 2) 4000meters tempo + 1X2000 just under race pace + rollers 200 - 230 watts easy easy.

What's in your wallet?

rwsaunders
12-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm a prisoner of the treadmill while watching your workout video and eating Cheezits. You're too much TT.:cool:

znfdl
12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Too Tall has gotten me addicted to a concept 2 rower. Just wat I need, another addiction ;)

chrisroph
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
5 days/wk NIA floorplay tape with extras including plank, downward dog, foam roller, ma roller, and lots of swiss ball core work

M-W-F full wts including step ups, ham curls, leg extensions, bench, fly, shoulders, etc, usually incorporating some rollers or elliptical or outside riding to warm up/cool down

2 x wk 45 mins elliptical usually on weight days this thing is tough if you turn the resistance up

3 x wk fixie 63" gear outside, group ride saturday 2 hrs with hills, other days catch as catch can, usually some seated hill repeats, sometime at night with HID

as little as possible rollers and/or trainer but only if i feel like it and usually before and/or after wts

if i'm in bend xc skiing

fiamme red
12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Mon - 45 mins. intermediate / adv. pilates + 3 types push ups + bike on rollers 200 to 230 watts easy peezey.

Thurs - 45mins. to 1 hr. rowing (concept 2) 4000meters tempo + 1X2000 just under race pace + rollers 200 - 230 watts easy easy.

What's in your wallet?Riding rollers is a non-bike workout?

I'm starting to lift weights again after a 6-month hiatus. It's sad how much strength I've lost since then.

Fixed
12-10-2007, 03:01 PM
i'm a wimp all i do is ride and walk at nite with my wife
cheers

Acotts
12-10-2007, 03:15 PM

What's in your wallet?

I rowed in college for 3 years. I cant touch a concept 2 for the life of me anymore.

That said, an hour is a long time on that torture device. I am impressed.

DarrenCT
12-10-2007, 03:19 PM
usually 1 day a week i'll go for a 4-6 mile.

i also play anywhere from 2-8 hours of tennis a day. thats the bulk of my non-bike workouts. its also my job :)

once it gets colder and i can't ride, i'll run 5 days a week in addition to hiking and tennis.

i also lift beer bottles at night time atmo

Tom
12-10-2007, 03:53 PM
3 times a week weight work
5 times a week 45min to an hour on the Bike to Nowhere.

Don't ask me how feeble I am on the weights. My best so far is 3 by 15 at body weight on the leg press machine. One of these days I gotta get Thunder the trainer to set me up on the sled so I can find out where I really stand.

Too Tall
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Riding rollers is a non-bike workout?

I'm starting to lift weights again after a 6-month hiatus. It's sad how much strength I've lost since then.
HA! Right how about that? Wellll, I don't really think of it as "bike" per se since the goal is to just get the crap out of my system with lowish HR and low force...it's sooooo low impact perfect!

Ascots - Eh! I mess around on the machine for quite a while before the tempo piece. Row arms only, 1/4 slide, no arms maybe a 250 meter high watt thing lots of rest between...it is not continuous until I do the long temp 5 mins. rest than throw down the sub race pace 2k....so 1 hr. is not that big a deal. Agree, I'd have a hard time rowing 1 hr. straight on Concept 2 no breaks....on the water however...hrs. and hrs. boo yah :)

Christoph - thanks, yet another reason I need to pack up the fam and move..what a pal :cool: Dewd, awesome...just awesome...I'd love that routine.

spiderman
12-10-2007, 04:08 PM
cross country skiing for at least an hour a day...
100 sit ups
50 push ups
foosball with anyone who'll play.

coylifut
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Christoph - thanks, yet another reason I need to pack up the fam and move..what a pal :cool: Dewd, awesome...just awesome...I'd love that routine.

Too, I've never seen anyone get as strong on the bike while doing so little work on it. At the beginning of the outdoor riding season, Chris was climbing better than I'd ever seen him. The beauty is how little riding he had to do indoors. The program I do is a bit more weight room focussed while eliminating all machines like elipitical and indoor riding and replacing it with twice weekly runs outside. I like cross country running, but it's certainly not for everyone. The critical element is the two hour fixed gear rides twice a week on rolling to hilly terrain. Doing 10 minute climbs in a 42x18 on a 6-8% grade pulls the whole thing together.

spiderman
12-10-2007, 05:10 PM
i've been riding the big yankees for an hour
with intervals, standing and one legged drills
being the most fun!

A.L.Breguet
12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I does what coach tells me to does.

Dr. Doofus
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
my season is jan-may

so its bike twice a day right now

the big thing is for me to get the head right...i'm impulsive, don't read anything correctly, spend too much time in the wind, and don't have a cool head in the heat of racing...oh man...there is much to fix there....

Louis
12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
45mins. to 1 hr. rowing (concept 2) 4000meters tempo

TT,

Just out of curiosity, what pace do you consider "tempo"? (for you)

Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh, Whirrrrrrrr, Whooosh .....

Repeat.

Louis

Acotts
12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
HA! Right how about that? Wellll, I don't really think of it as "bike" per se since the goal is to just get the crap out of my system with lowish HR and low force...it's sooooo low impact perfect!

Ascots - Eh! I mess around on the machine for quite a while before the tempo piece. Row arms only, 1/4 slide, no arms maybe a 250 meter high watt thing lots of rest between...it is not continuous until I do the long temp 5 mins. rest than throw down the sub race pace 2k....so 1 hr. is not that big a deal. Agree, I'd have a hard time rowing 1 hr. straight on Concept 2 no breaks....on the water however...hrs. and hrs. boo yah :)

Do you row on the potomac? Let me know if you need someone to complete a pair.

Clydesdale
12-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I volunteer as a HS wrestling coach - practice 3-4x per week
CC Skiing 1 hour sessions 2-3x per week
High Intensity Weightlifting - 2x per week
Volleyball - weekly - pretty competitive level
Spin bike or trainer - 2-3x week for about and hour.

For me it's all about trying not to let the weight creep up and not waste summer fitness completely.

julia
12-10-2007, 07:46 PM
ballet

Fixed
12-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Too, I've never seen anyone get as strong on the bike while doing so little work on it. At the beginning of the outdoor riding season, Chris was climbing better than I'd ever seen him. The beauty is how little riding he had to do indoors. The program I do is a bit more weight room focussed while eliminating all machines like elipitical and indoor riding and replacing it with twice weekly runs outside. I like cross country running, but it's certainly not for everyone. The critical element is the two hour fixed gear rides twice a week on rolling to hilly terrain. Doing 10 minute climbs in a 42x18 on a 6-8% grade pulls the whole thing together.
sounds great i'll be there this week i have the same gearing on one of my bikes

sorry but .. damn that felt good to write i do have that gearing on one bike
cheers you cats are real imho cheers